1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

TinyHunt 6
    A Witch Hunt Variant

Roles

Village
    The Village wins when all members of the Witch Coven are dead, and at least one Villager is alive.

Priest: Each night, check if a player is in the Witch Coven.

Acolyte: At the start of the game, you learn who the Priest is.

Judge: At the end of day, if the Lynch vote is tied or no lynch, you may kill a player of your choosing. This does not count as a lynch for Vigilante purposes.

Vigilante: The first Night after two consecutive lynches of Village members, you may kill a player. A Vigilante kill appears the same as a regular Witch Night Kill.

Oracle: Each night, pick a player. If that player was visited by any other party, you learn how many Witches were alive at the start of that night. Possible Visits: Witch Kill, Vigilante Kill, Priest check, Clown throw, Angel protect - including a deathcurse blocked Angel protect.

Gambler: At the start of the game, choose even or odd. On those nights, you have Protection from a kill.

Leeroy: You may kill yourself to immediately determine the Lynch target, so long as a majority has not been reached. Your death, and who you select will be announced at day end. This does not count as a lynch for Vigilante purposes.

Graverobber: Once per game at night, pick a dead player and learn their role. Witches are told when you do this.

D.O.B.: When you die, choose another player to die with you. Your death and the target you select will be announced at day start if you are killed in the night, or at day end if you die to a lynch.

Clown: Each night, select a player to hit with a pie. Players hit by pies are told, and if you selected the same target as the Priest or Oracle, you have Protection from a kill for that night (though you are not informed you had protection).

Witches

Witches win when all Villagers are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening. Witches can freely communicate with each other and have a nightly kill.

Demon: Each night, you are informed of who the Priest and Oracle visited, but not who visited which player.

Occultist: At the end of each night, you are informed of the Guardian Angels' protection target that night. If the Guardian Angels protect same target two nights in a row without preventing their death, learn that target's role.

Necromancer: Learn the role of players killed by the Witch Night Kill.

Mechanics

Timing: Day will be 72 hours, while night will be 24 hours.

Lynches:The day ends when the day end timer arrives. The day can be ended prematurely with a HARD LYNCH, which will be roughly 3/4 of the alive players. SOFT LYNCH will be majority, and will determine the lynch at Day End. If a SOFT LYNCH is not reached by Day End, it will go to the Judge, or result in a no lynch. Voting for No Lynch is permissible. There are no deadline votes.

Deaths: Roles are not revealed upon death.

Soup: At night, instead of making the group Night Kill, a Witch may instead choose to drink Soup. Doing so allows them to Match a player to an Innocent role one at a time until they are incorrect or choose to stop. Each correctly Matched player dies. They may do this once per Witch. Dead Witches cannot use Soup.

A successful Match will only give the 'PlayerName has Died' message. On an incorrect match, the message is 'Xanthippe the Witch attempted to Soupkill Yolanda the [Incorrect Role Name], but failed', but if no players have been killed that night with Soup, the identity of the Witch is not revealed - 'A Witch attempted to Soupkill Amelia the [Incorrect Role Name], but failed'.

Lump, the Faithful Panda: On Day 1, there is a plurality vote for Lump to be a player's friend (witches choose who wins a tie). Lump always Lynch votes the same as his friend, adding an extra vote. If Lump's friend dies, Lump leaves the game.

Guardian Angels: Dead players become Angels. Each Night, the Angels decide by plurality vote to Protect a player (tie = no protect). A Protected player can't die to regular kills that night (Vigilante Kill or Witch Night Kill). "No Protect" is a valid vote.

Angels get the results of Priest checks at the end of each night. Angels are unable to give Protection when there are four or fewer living players at the start of night.

Death Curse: Once per game during Day, dead Witches may cast a Death Curse, which renders any Protection that Night ineffective. After casting a Death Curse, the Witch may not vote any further in Angel chat (but can still post in it). Living players are not informed of a Death Curse. Angels are not informed of a Death Curse until the end of that night.

Witches Last Gasp: If a Witch dies to a standard lynch (not judge or leeroy), their power continues to work for the coven that night.

Night Kill Survival: If a player survives being killed at night there is no public announcement made. However, the player is told privately that they survived.

Timing Specific Role Actions: D.O.B, Leeroy and Judge can have pre-queued conditionals set up at all times in their QuickTopics. (Ex: If I reach soft lynch at any point, I wish to activate Leeroy on Player X. Ex #2: I'm currently setting myself to revenge kill Player Y if I die).

Rules

-Only living players may post in the game thread
    -You may not post in the game thread during the night phase
    -You may not edit or delete posts from the game thread or in any QuickTopics you may be posting in
    -You may not privately communicate with anyone except the game moderator unless you're specifically allowed to do so (i.e. the QuickTopics for Witches or Angels). This includes using systems outside the scope of the game to communicate something game related.
    -You may not post in codes or ciphers.
    -Votes must be bolded, brightly colored, and on a separate line.
    -All actions that are not explicitly worded as optional are not optional.
    -Moderator decisions are final. Play to the spirit of the game and don't make me make judgement calls.
    -Be Nice, and have fun. This is not optional.

Priority

Day Action Priority
    -Start of day + Announcements
    -Day ends
    -Gambler protection choice locked in
    -Lynch if majority, allow Judge to pick if no majority or no lynch (if alive)
    -Lump joins his friend (Day One only)
    -DoB Revenge if lynched
    -Witches Death Curse
    -Vigilante informed if he can kill

Night Action Priority
    -Everything resolves effectively simultaneously, with kill happening last.

Flavor

There were 14 of you in this nice, peaceful village. Then all of a sudden, one night, one of your number turns up dead, with witchcraft the obvious cause. You have witches hiding in your midst, and something tells you there are three. It's magic. Don't question it.

So, you decide to execute one of your number daily, after a healthy discussion, until all of these evildoers are eradicated from your village. Sure, you'll probably kill some innocents along the way - but it sounded like a great idea when you were drunk.

Livelist

Atum
    Bill Door
    Citrus (r. Reaverb Tau)
    Fontisian
    Jan
    KaiDASH
    Mallorean Thug
    Silver (r. Sesc)
    Snowvon
    Tom
    Weiyaoli

Delphine - lynched D1
    The Waco Kid - Killed N1

Daystart!

Day One ends in 72 hours - July 9, 2016 at 6:00 PST/9:00 PM EST

Day One End

With 13 players alive, it will be 7 to soft lynch, and 10 to hard lynch.

Also, don't forget to elect someone to give Lump, the Faithful Panda to!

Any questions can be directed to me in your QuickTopics - I will respond as quickly as possible. Good luck, and have fun!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

In other news, this player list makes me incredibly happy.

So here's a thing: I read a TinyHunt over at FantasyStrike to bone up for this game, and it seemed like a Thing was that Priest/Oracle/Clown should target the Lump N1, and then kind of freelance from there. That seems like a pretty decent plan to me. With that in mind...

I would really like to be the Lump friend.

Joke reason: I've always wanted a panda friend.

Semi-joke reason: I'm a huge narcissist and it would make me feel special.

Serious reason: I was townfirmed in Narutomafia and that helped town PoE, and I was a pretty big target in Hannibal mafia and I got some pretty good reads off the way people pushed on me. If you give me Lump, it'll be the best of both worlds - extra scrutiny today, giving me good reads, and then soft townfirmed (when Priest doesn't out) tomorrow, giving me an extra vote to pressure people with.

Meta reason: I think Lump should go to someone who'll be active and use it to get information and pressure people, and that's me.

Entertainment value reason: If elected, I promise to roleplay Lump the Panda. I.e. I'll add Lump's commentary to the bottom of all of my posts! You will find this charming. Or possibly annoying. But hopefully entertaining!

In conclusion, elect...

Lump: Newcomb

...for #1 panda friend.

3. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

YES, It's time!

Lump: Waco Kid

Vote: Delphine

---------- Post automerged at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Jan: the last time someone said they'd roleplay as the panda they were scum, Hi Newcomb!

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

In other news, this player list makes me incredibly happy.

So here's a thing: I read a TinyHunt over at FantasyStrike to bone up for this game, and it seemed like a Thing was that Priest/Oracle/Clown should target the Lump N1, and then kind of freelance from there. That seems like a pretty decent plan to me. With that in mind...

I would really like to be the Lump friend.

Joke reason: I've always wanted a panda friend.

Semi-joke reason: I'm a huge narcissist and it would make me feel special.

Serious reason: I was townfirmed in Narutomafia and that helped town PoE, and I was a pretty big target in Hannibal mafia and I got some pretty good reads off the way people pushed on me. If you give me Lump, it'll be the best of both worlds - extra scrutiny today, giving me good reads, and then soft townfirmed (when Priest doesn't out) tomorrow, giving me an extra vote to pressure people with.

Meta reason: I think Lump should go to someone who'll be active and use it to get information and pressure people, and that's me.

Entertainment value reason: If elected, I promise to roleplay Lump the Panda. I.e. I'll add Lump's commentary to the bottom of all of my posts! You will find this charming. Or possibly annoying. But hopefully entertaining!

In conclusion, elect...

Lump: Newcomb

...for #1 panda friend.

5. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Ah, Newcomb's original post from TH5, got it

6. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Vote Count #1
    Delphine (1) The Waco Kid

Abstanining (12) everyone else

With 13 alive, 7 is soft lynch, and 10 is hard lynch.

Lump, the Friendly Panda Elect #1
    Newcomb (2) Jan, Fontisian
    The Waco Kid (1) The Waco Kid

Abstaining (9): everyone else

Lump Elect is decided by plurality.

7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Guys, I think we're in the wrong game thread???

I signed up for Tnyhunt.

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Ok, we're 5 posts in, Snowvon's totally scum right?

9. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Am I the new von?

I can at least guarantee my QT is cooler this game!

---------- Post automerged at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Kai do you prefer being a witch or being town?

10. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Yes

Do you prefer having your questions answered in an ambiguous way or not?

11. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I already voted Von in the sign-up thread, but if you end up being scum here I'll consider giving you the role

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    hey guys.
    looks like i know 2 people in this playerlist if you count reading a random game with fontisian on mafiascum

@thug are you excited this post doesnt rhyme?

13. Reaverb Tau

Reaverb Tau Muggle

High Score:
    Vote:KaiDASH

KaiDASH, Who do you want for Lump and why? Why aren't you voting anybody?

Lump:mallorean_thug
    I figure he's a decent mix of good check target, good moderate-NK priority, and able to use the Lump to apply pressure.

14. Delphine

Delphine First Year

It wasn't what I hoped for, but I can't say I didn't expect it.

15. Reaverb Tau

Reaverb Tau Muggle

High Score:
    Other people who have posted but haven't voted: Delphine, font, tom, and Jan.

Please vote.

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    vote: no lynch

17. Reaverb Tau

Reaverb Tau Muggle

High Score:
    Did you expect to get some actual information out of this or is it just banter?

18. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I've not played a setup with Lump and the only Tinyhunt I've read involved scum being lumped and living to endgame. It's been on my mind. My natural inclination is really just to give it to someone I'm townreading that I think will use it well, but it's my understanding that that's not the typical meta? Using your criteria, Jan typically sounds the closest to that of the people I'm familiar with.

I'm surprised that you think a good check is one of the couple people I'd expect you to know/read well. Can you expand on that?

@pedit- If he'd give a non-dumb answer then it would give me information, yes.

19. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Soooo I've been gone for a minute and I have seen numerous references to the Great Lump but have no idea what the hell any of you are talking about. If someone could toss me a reference quote/game, that'd be great.

Side note:
    Less than a page in and I already miss Mathblade.

Vote: Reaverb
    Hy there, why the random vote push pal?

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    come on atum. even i read the OP, and im barely literate.