1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2016.

1. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

The difference is quite clear wouldn't you say?

Bill's reasoning was that I had only one post, which didn't really say that much (which I agree to, but as I had said, I had to pop out immediately after making it).

Yours was just a naked vote.

Lump - ideally someone I've played with before, out of those, there's a couple I like right now, but am waiting to see some more before deciding.

It's pinyin - wei yao and li.

---------- Post automerged at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

OK. Out of those 3/4, and not Reaverb (since he is apparently V/LA today) assuming he is in the circle, do you mind explaining one of them?

Regarding Sesc, what is your opinion on him ignoring you entirely in his post?

2. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Gotcha.

Who do you like and why? And for funsies, who should we absolutely not give Lump?

3. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I dislike meta reads in general, though I don't remember playing more than one game with atum.

If I had to pick one it'd probably be snowvon, but mostly for bad reasons. I don't think the Kai lump thing is scummy so much as it's stupid.

I was interpreting this as a town read on atum:

For the record, I still don't think you've said much.

Jan My philosophy on the lump vote is that whoever you give it to is basically elected as the town leader. So I want them to be active and actually doing things. While Kai is capable of doing that, does anyone really think that he will?

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Because Kai is hard to read and probably won't get shot. I agree with Jan's assessment.

(Jan is still a Witch, though.)

Okay. Go ahead and put down a Lump vote, maybe? Or at least explain what reason there is to hesitate? You can always change your mind.

One of those names is not like the other! You'd know why if you were reading my posts.

Pick one of them you /want/ to get a read on and ask them a couple of questions. You should do this for all of them eventually, but one is fine for now.

---------- Post automerged at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 ----------

Hi Bill Door.

The town leader thing is a nice quality, but ultimately isn't necessary. I'm more interested in Kai's alignment than whether or not he'll step up. I hear your town/scumplay isn't Super Hard to differentiate, so I'm not really interested in Lumping you.

Why do you dislike me agreeing with a metaread on someone I've played with several times and who is ~fairly easy to read?

5. Bill Door

I dislike all meta reads really. I think they're very rarely of any value and people use them as an easy way to avoid doing things in the game they're actually playing.

What's with the random (?) capitalising of words?

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I think they serve as a nice foundation for the beginning of the game, when there doesn't seem to be much to go on. It works wonders on some players more than others.

I capitalize things for emphasis sometimes. Easier than using italics or bold or whatever.

If you can't have Lump, who would you give it to?

---------- Post automerged at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

And I guess I was asking more about what specifically about my/Jan's Atum reads you disliked. I'm reading it as "agreeing with a read is scummy."

---------- Post automerged at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

Also this is false.

Someone having Lump =/= they are unlynchable or immune to getting run up. Like it should have happened last game.

7. Bill Door

I think people use it as a crutch rather than a sound foundation.

If I can't have Lump I'd prefer to give it to Fonti because I've never been able to read her and it will sort out if she's town or scum early.

My problem with your read on Atum is that you said

I don't see that as agreeing with the read on Atum so much as reading him that way because other people started saying they did. Also, a meta based read when you claim not to remember his last towngame? and Jan is saying he doesnt townread atum, so /shrug

---------- Post automerged at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

It certainly means they're less likely to get lynched. Like you really think someone with lump gets lynched D2 without a positive priest check?

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hi.

Why comment on font's townread on me, but not how early/sure her townread on Atum was? Do you think Atum is easier to townread than I am?

---------- Post automerged at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

I did say I didn't come around to the townread until page two. This was due to Atum's posts, for clarification.

The last game I played with Atum was the WH where he was scum. I could go look up his last towngame, but it really isn't that important.

Who said anything about Day 2 specifically? I just mean before LyLo, where the extra vote can be a big help to scum.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The list is pretty boring so far.

Delphine I want to explain her weird vote on me after giving me that townread.
    It does not have to be scummy.
    Doesn't need a vote .. depeding on her reaction maybe.

I agree with the reaverb stuff. Don't know him well and I think RVS votes are not the most important thing to make or hang your early game on.
    They are a tool, but I have plenty tools in my shed. Most of them can be used to murder people!
    There is is this long rope that would just look perfect around his neck, maybe?!

The third would be tom.
    I disliked him grouping people up in weird useless groups.
    I have not played a game, where the mafia team split in different playstyle groups on purpose. ("You are the quient one! You are the Joker! And I am the mighty Townleader of Awesome! And now bring your hands in the middle : Whooo Scumteam!")

That might happen, but games are randomized and most players have a certain playstyle as either or both alignments. Some are more capable of switching that, but most are not.

Again that might be me disliking his playstyle, not something to hang him for, yet.

The last one is Bill Door for now.
    I disliked the voteswapping and him clearly missunderstanding my statement on atum as a townread.
    Even more because he thought I would agree to a general townread on him, when even if he does not understand my words, he should at least see that they were unique to the situation at the time (we call them the best words in camp kai).

Sesc not reacting is whatever. It is a single vote without reason during RVS stage.
    If he was overreacting it might look bad, but not reacting is something he can do as either alignment.

All of that is light early stuff, nothing that screams scum to a point of no return.

10. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

On my phone so won't fiddle with quotes, please forgive.

(Von)
    OK. But you didn't answer my question. Why the switch from post 65 to then lumping Kai?

I guess I just didn't see the point as I didn't have particularly strong town reads on any of those guys. But I take your point and the day is only 72 hours and there will be reactions from any vote.

Lump: Snowvon

OK. Again it didn't really answer my question, did you have any particular reason for choosing those individual people in particular?

And I would, but tom/fonti aren't around at the moment so I was waiting for their next post. Delphine I don't really have anything new to ask them about that others haven't already - waiting for their response to people about voting for Jan.

(Bill Door)
    Anything you want me to comment on/give opinions about then?

(Atum)
    I'm liking Snowvon and Mallorean Thug so far. Both have had a townie tone so far in their posts. Have a couple others in the wait and see but they seem okay so far pile like fonti and tom.

I mean, the only person I'd probably not give Lump to is Reaverb, but that's mostly because of them having V/LA today and not being around to interact with. I don't see it as that bad if we lump a witch because there's a strong chance the person who gets lump will get checked so there's not really anyone we absolutely shouldn't give lump to (maybe if someone witch claimed?? But that's not a realistic scenario :p)

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Like, I remember /how/ Atum plays as town. I just don't remember the last specific game I was in with him where he was town. Batmafia? A different WitchHunt? Who knows.

---------- Post automerged at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Oh, sorry. I just decided to sheep mal onto Kai.

---------- Post automerged at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------
    weiyaoli

It doesn't have to be a realtime interaction. Just leave something for them to respond to.

I asked about those three because two of them are scumleans and one is townlean. Just wanted to see how you felt about them to see where your head's at (which at the moment, appears to be Shrugdunnosville).

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

To comment on that I need to be able to comprehend it.

I do not know Atum half as well as I know you, nor do I know how well fonti knows him.

It is easier to comment on her read on you than on her read on someone that I do not know how she reads or how accurate she reads him.

13. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Oh and (Atum) again:

What are your thoughts on Bill at the moment?

14. Bill Door

Nah, I'd rather see what you do without me prompting.

---------- Post automerged at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Specifically which of Atum's posts? Because I don't see him actually doing anything there.

I'm saying something about D2. Say we give Kai lump and he goes and does that super low content posting thing he loves to do. Are you really going to treat him the same as if he didn't have lump?

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Does it matter? An early read is an early read is an early read. And she sounds awfully certain.

You don't have a read on Atum, so why not ask her about a read she seems pretty comfortable with?

---------- Post automerged at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

This one.

We're going to assume the Priest checked him, and if there's no claim, Kai is soft-townfirmed. I know you've done this before.

I'm fine assuming the check went through and looking elsewhere for scum.

I don't think font should get Lump because she tends to die early. Especially when the whole Lump thing comes with a potential alignment confirmation. Also she's a Witch this game.

16. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

(Snowvon)
    I mean I have vague opinions about the three that I talked about, sorry if they weren't clear in that post.

Tom - seems okay, would lean town over scum
    Fonti - hard to read for me right now, dislike some things but liked others
    Dolphins - think people dislike the question to Kai more than I did. dislike the Jan vote but have nothing else to add, lean scum

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Your comment is beside the point.

Sure I could ask her for that, but your point was why I talked about the read on you and not Atum.

The reason is because i think the read on you was hasty at the time, and giving a preemptive townread on someone who will be obvious town to most soon enough (you) is something scum might do.

Even with her explaining the Atum read I would not know if that was the case.
    If you want to know more about said read, feel free to ask her yourself.

I also don't think I need to pressure her too much. So far she is playing active enough that I feel confident in my capabilities of reading her if she continues her play the way she did so far.
    And if she doesn't, then I can adjust and pressure her later.

18. Bill Door

I can't see why that makes you town read him. Can you explain?

Hasn't assuming a priest check lost town a tinyhunt before?

If she gets NK'd at least it sorts out her alignment. If Fonti lives for a few days I start to get antsy. Especially since she won't get priest checked N1.

19. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

At a dinner party so signing off for a couple hours, will try to check back before sleeping.

In case fonti pops in during this time - could you elaborate in slightly more detail than that post where you said you'd bet your holiday on what in Atum's posts exactly make you town read him so strongly? Has that changed at all in either direction now?

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It's just the little jokes/teasing he slips in all of his posts, he does it all the time as town. Plus, I think he'd be a little more UTR as mafia. Sorry, it's mostly a "you had to be there" read. And since it's based on meta, I know you aren't going to agree with me, so shrug.

Yeah, but only because the PRs decided to go against the plan. We can discuss an alternative if they do it right and we /still/ somehow mess up.

---------- Post automerged at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Ugh, passivity. Gross.

She's not really all that active.

I wish you were town.