1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Do you think Wei asking Fonti about Atum after you ask me why i am not doing it is in any way or form opportunistic?

It feels like you asked Wei to do things. #124
    Then you told me what you would like me to do. #128 + #135
    And then Wei does those things. #139

Opinion?

---------- Post automerged at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

Oh sorry!

I completly forgot to

Vote weiyaoli

"Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient." - Ephesians, 5:6

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I actually missed that post. I read the "dinner party" part and somehow my brain decided to skip the rest of it. :/

You weren't gonna do it, so I don't really mind so much if he wants to. The only opportunism is that he gets to check off one interaction I asked him to do. There are still a bunch of other players in the game.

But now I'm a little curious.
    weiyaoli

Why did you ask font about Atum just now?

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I've been poked about syntax. So all of the rest of my posts will be contrived. :eyeroll:
    I liked bill's entrance. Loved sesc's. Thug and vaimes know why.
    My scumteam right now is reaverb/jan/delph, but those can't all be right.
    As for the groups thing: lol

---------- Post automerged at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

Dammit I have to learn new smileys

4. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I mean I bring up font's confidence in Atum in #115, not sure how that fits into your narrative Jan?

It's the only thing font has done so far that I've disliked.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Why can't they all be right?

---------- Post automerged at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

[​IMG]

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I mean, they could. I'm bound to nail a scumteam day 1 eventually.
    But history says I'll tunnel some poor townie to death before I get there.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Well, I agree with 2/3 of your scumteam. I'd consider following you onto Reaverb if font ends up going nowhere.

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'm super stoked we're in sync. Let's wreck 'em.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Sure thing. <3

Once I take a nap. Then I can stay up while people are awake/active.

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'm split shifting today. So still on phone, but off for the next ~8 hours.
    We can talk about reaverb and font.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Valid point.

You might dodge the wrath of the almighty, for now.

Unvote

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    vote jan

Also this message is too short. This site is weird.

13. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

@Wei: Bill's doing what Bill does. He's a bit presumptive, but calling people on their bullshit and pressuring for content is textbook BD from the one or two games I remember playing with him. Doing so while not explicitly offering many reads is also what I'd expect. If it were anyone else, I'd read his interaction with you as a town lean, but it's not so I don't. He's being helpful though, so I don't really care about him rn.

If you could toss me a game you recently played, I'd be delighted. Alignment doesn't matter.
    Jan: Booooo. Put that vote back where it belongs.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Let's talk about this.

Since I am neither Mal nor Von. I am amazing.

Quoting the post just so we have the same perspective on things :
    [I will comment in the color of truth commonly known as blue]
    Let's talk about the fonti part for a minute.
    Sesc has three major talking points in his post :
    1. Vote/Lump/Tom needs to shape up
    2. Missing in-joke?
    3. Why is Atum town?

Followed by his first impressions.

2 of those 3 points do not reflect a townread on fonti. (He didn't get the first post and the Atum read).

Fonti has only a few posts so far, it should be easy to go through her content for the most part :
    #4 - Introduction post copied from the last tinyhunt. No content to be found. (Sesc did not understand it).

#31 - The meat of fontis content so far.
    The point towards Reaverb is good.
    Unsure about delphine part myself.
    The part about Atum is something she explains later (and Sesc dislikes)
    The Tom part is basically playing for the audience (Sesc). But it is completly alignment neutral.

#34 + #37 - Filler stuff, doesn't matter.

#47 - Explaining the Atum read/beach vacation bet.
    Sesc does not mention/acknowledge her read on Atum at all in his critique.

#88 - Her townreads up to that point.
    Basically adding a Mal and Von read. The Mal reason is completely different from Sescs reason.

Summary :
    Outside of the two parts that Sesc does not like (Atum read, initial post), there are three small reads/jibbs by her on Reaverb, Delphine & Mal.
    While he shares the Mal townread the reason is different (Unless having a "clear head" and "liking the joke" is the same read).

Just from Sescs single post I don't think I understand his townread on fonti.

And I sure as hell don't see why his post is lovable for Tom.

Curious to get actual reasons for both of those.

---------- Post automerged at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Your case so far is "testing Weis reaction to my vote because Wei didn't bother to react to Bills vote".

Solid case.

Might join at a later date.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I guess I can say this now. I've got all I'm going to get out of it at this point.
    The point of the no lynch vote is for reactions. The town reaction should be to scumread me for it, tell me why it's wrong (like delph) or reject it instinctually.
    Scum has no idea how to react to it, and does things like take me completely seriously and try to figure out why I'm saying it.
    Sesc's reaction is the towniest one by far.
    Delph's was moderately townie in general, but specifically was a little IIOA for my taste, pushing it back to null.
    Capiche?

---------- Post automerged at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

As for you, jan.
    Why back off so easy? Why poke me with something so trivial? What are your stronest reads?

16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Good morning!

Unvote
    Vote Delphine

There's no point in pushing Reaverb while he's gone.

I'm adding Waco to my town list for a genuine request for lump and a check. I believe he really wants to be confirmed town.

Reminder that the priest must check the person we lump. This is vital (Sesc).

Sesc, I think my reasons for townreading Atum have been made clear, both by myself and others. Do you still need an explanation?

I think wei also had a question for me. I'll get to it when I'm done catching up.

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I backed off wei because I did not know/remember the earlier post and with that my reason for pushing at the time was gone.
    Why push on someone when the reason for the push has resolved itself?

What do you think is trivial me questioning your Sesc townread? Or me saying grouping up people is useless at best?

You explained your townread and it makes more sense now. I don't agree with it because I think it only applies to people who feel strong about early votes.
    Regardless of his alignment Sesc will push on someone voting for a no lynch, because if he think it is scummy as town then he will push on a town doing it as well. (that is if he is at least half way decent).

I don't want to talk about my strongest reads just yet tbh.
    I talked about the people who I think need to step up/explain their play before.

I have 1-2 other interactions i am watching out for but for now it is football time.
    Somehow there is no quote about football in the bible. :(

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yes, a townread based on one post is trivial. I fully believe it, and even I realize this.
    I had an actual explanation, but "idk bro, I liked his wording" would have been perfectly acceptable. The depth you went in on that post BEFORE my answer is a pretty classic scum pile o crap.

19. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

He's not a newbie.

Alright, I like a single word from wei:
    He's viewing the extra vote as an responsibility that he needs to use to help town, instead of a power used to sway the lynch. I dig it.

Meow.

I would now bet two holidays.

20. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

We'll see. I tried pretty hard to go over the top imitating my town self early before circumstances killed it last time. This game, I'm just going to play as I feel comfortable and try and let my results do the talking for me.

That's a tough question atm, as none of them have been really been much towny at all, but probably Kill Reaverb, who entrance felt awkward and forced as hell, and who reasoning seemed off. Probably save Tom, mostly because Delphine isn't far behind Reaverb on my suspicious list atm.

So a nearly naked vote on a wagon that had a few votes

Followed by immediately jumping off when you realized it was an actual wagon for light reasoning.

What Jan said basically. It makes me wonder if you were trying to lightly distance with an early RVS'ish vote, and then bailed out when you realized it was actually going to be like the 4th on the wagon, not wanting him to get run up.

---------- Post automerged at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

I know it was a while back, but weren't you the one who was talking up Naruto with me a while back. Atum was (albeit controversaly for a bit Day 1) town there