1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Thanks!

If you're in the process of reading the thread I'd really like you to take Jans advice and read the thread under the impression that Von is town as well. Would also like an explanation behind the read/stance change on Q inside #548 since I'm not seeing how it flows.

2. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Okay, let's start with Waco: I umm... agree with most of this, actually. I think you're doing him a disservice by tossing out the tonal town stuff in 14 and 21, because I do agree with that with fonti and Snow that it was a thing, but clicking through your work like that (thank you for that, by the way) I absolutely could see scum Waco. He goes squarely in POE/possible scum (just above fluff) for me, although I don't really want his head today.

I agree completely wrt fluff - if one of miner/Kalas/Math isn't scum, he probably is. See 580.

The math stuff, on the other hand, is part of why I want you lumped. Because like I can follow your logic, and I do know well the perils of trying to translate Math or Titus into something coherent to make a read on them, but I don't love your case here. The reason being that It seems to me you're changing your MO from when you read fluff (where you just looked at his behavior with no consideration for his playstyle and concluded that he was scum from it, with which I agreed) to accounting for Math's playstyle even though there are scum indicators for them.

And yeah, I can see your first few points, but I think you've mischaracterized the reason we (namely Von) find 202 scummy - it isn't the buddying, it's the fact that Math is talking about how they feel comfortable buddying fonti because she has a town metaread on fonti 200 posts into the game after she has already dismissed someone for using meta reads. And yes, again, hypocrisy=/=scum, but despite my new scum read on Waco I do agree with his point in 478 - I don't feel like she actually believes what she's saying. This is diametrically opposed to the Mathblade I've played with who was town, who also might be shoving some tinfoil insanity in your face but had rabid faith in it. Here she just feels rabid.

So yeah, then you add in the Q post, which was bad, and sprinkle in that the last RL day from her was a massive AtE by way of twisting our argument into one of activity instead of one of quality, and I want her dead. (Note that I'm also disregarding the fluff stuff because it was parroting something I had already said, so I give her no town points for saying it).

---------- Post automerged at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Oh, and happy (early?) birthday, Reg.

3. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

520 is words for the sake of looking townie. It is as if he is clowning around with the idea more words is more townie and just a summary or PBPA than actually doing shit.

---------- Post automerged at 06:57 ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 ----------

No conflict. I don't see how anyone is townreading Qeirhout addressing that concern. I addressed it by realizing that Q is likely being obtuse. It is more of unless you address X how do you townread Q?

The same with a lot of the townreads. Most of these posts are a spamming contest of how often someone can post highest post count rather than mafia.

---------- Post automerged at 06:58 ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 ----------

Again they please :/

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Typhon -

1) Yeah I don't want Wacos head today either, my scum read on him isn't even remotely close to 100% but I think there's a reasonable chance that he's scum particularly if I'm right on Miner.

2) Oh don't get me wrong, I don't have Math as a town read (I did early in the game, #548 killed it entirely as did her posts after that for the most part), I just think the odds that Miner are scum are significantly higher than Math being scum here and the fact that the wagon has occurred on Math over Miner here concerning. I don't have any meta or idea how Fluff plays as both alignments, Math on the other hand plays over at MafiaScum where I play and watch games predominately so I'm well acquainted with the Titus/Math duo though admittedly more Titus than Math and know that you absolutely can't read them like a normal player and for them anti-town plays and hypocrisy is the norm as both alignments (Sometimes even moreso as town than scum). I can maybe see the argument that there's less conviction in their reads than I'd entirely expect to see but I think it's plausible that they're just not connected to the game yet and think their inactivity is genuinely caused by RL factors. So yeah again I don't think the case on Math is even in the same league as the one on Miner.

5. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

All they do was spam activity results.

I can has do it too. I am not the highest poster *gasp*

---------- Post automerged at 07:09 ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 ----------

Why are you spewing bullshit? I know I am likely being mislynched today but you are not telling the truth here. People should think about why this is.

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Math - Say NewBcomb comes into the thread and states that Von & Typon are inno childs. Who is scum and why?

7. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Fonti doesn't do if someone else is scum. She actually thinks it is me and Miner and fluff. Not Koalas.

---------- Post automerged at 07:10 ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 ----------

Fluff and Jarizok and Jan.

---------- Post automerged at 07:11 ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 ----------

Because fluff hasn't posted shot useful and I just got to a point where I think it was Jarizok who Town read them for doing so. Jan because I am not getting Town vibes from them.

8. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yeah, I get how that'd be incredibly frustrating. And yeah, I get that if you're town and you're lump you're going to die, and maybe it is shitty of me to suggest to sacrifice you like that to help us solve the game after you've spent obviously a significant portion of time helping us solve the game on the morning of your birthday/the middle of the night.

But I disagree that we aren't close to having this solved - I don't think soup is in play right now, and at the EoD1 I feel more or less confident that all of the scum are in POE and can be strung up before endgame even if we got no more discussion. Like, I wouldn't bet a ton on that, but I do think that's where we are. And if you're scum, you have the best chance in the game besides maybe fonti at talking me into going down a bad road because your posts read the way that I think and I'm a sucker for that. It's why I always townread Newcomb.

So basically I see it as the reward of having the game essentially solved if you're scum vs. the risk of shooting a strong town voice if you aren't. Which isn't a perfect thing but I'm fairly paranoid of you as scum, honestly. But then I need a lot of people to agree with me to make the lump Reg thing happen anyway, so we'll see how others feel.

Also, not talking about role stuff and don't love that you did, but I agree with you that there are better lumps than miner.

9. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Think both Fluff and Jan are possible to be scum, don't think Jari is personally. Would these be your next three individual strongest scum reads or is this based on interaction based stuff (If so what)? Can you run me through why Miner isn't in your top 5 scum reads because right now he's my strongest by a mile.

10. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I really, really am trying with this. Like, everything else aside, I promise I'm not purposefully being a dick here.

---------- Post automerged at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Lump Koalas until I can get some support for lumping Reg - Kalas/Reg are definitely where lump should go imo.

11. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Because D1 lynches in a no flip game are almost 100% of the game on Town. People find some small shot they don't like and blow it out of proportion to justify it. I look at who is not being suggested to find scum. Much as Town likes to think it is right on D1 statistics tend to show it is literally a crap shoot and with three scum likely not voting their buddy statistically the first push is always bad.

It is a mix of both. Jarizok and fluff I like together for that hard defense of fluff right as I posted a criticism. Jan is more just I feel like their posts are scummy and need to be sanitized.

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Typhon - My frustration with the consideration of lumping me has nothing to do with spending time on my birthday, it has to do with the fact that I genuinely have died the night phase replacing in 5 times in a row now and no, here I haven't and won't have time to solve this D1 nor do I think my death at night assists in solving it; scum need 4 mslynches to win with no correct soups and I think scum are likely going to get soup at some point, especially if our plan is to have the priest claim with a red on miner so in all likelihood they only need 3 maybe even 2 and there's more than 5 people in my potential scum pool.

Newbie 1551, Replaced in D2, VT, Shot N2, Town Win.
    Mini 1624, Replaced in D2, Half Sane JOAT, Shot N2, Town Win.
    Open 593, Replaced in D2, Town 1-Shot Watcher, Died N2, Town Win
    Newbie 1634, VT, Replaced in D1, Died N1, Town Win
    Newbie 1640, VT, Replaced in D1, Died N1, Town Win

You never got around to my Jan comment earlier; what's your read on Jan at the moment / reasoning behind it and sell me on him not being a good lump target because frankly I have no and don't foresee myself getting a confident read on him.

13. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

At least gives me a cookie before you mislynch me? Sugar please :(

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I don't agree with the both parts of the logic in "D1 mslynches happen a lot therefore anyone suspected D1 is probably town". Do you not find it problematic that nearly everyone that's stated a scum read on him is voting you instead of him?

15. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Been there as I replace a lot. One game I got a whole 0 posts in.

---------- Post automerged at 07:26 ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 ----------

It does but I have played many games of a similar setup and not once has a scum lynch been on the first day to my memory. I value concrete data over that bugging me because that is all it is. Everyone tells me that I can't read people so I use objective data whenever possible more so than subjective things.

16. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Eh. I don't think we're gong to see eye to eye on this at all because if you're town I'd like to consider that you'd think everyone scum reading X/Y with you being Y and voting Y instead of X makes X more likely mafia, not less.

Lets play a game; imagine no one in this thread had stated a read on Miner at all and there's no "D1 mslynches are likely he's suspected thus town" logic to (mis)use looking purely at his posts and nothing else do you have a town or scum read on him and why?

17. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Sorry, missed the Jan thing. I'm here with him, which is to say I don't have a full, structured read on him, but I think he's more likely to be town than scum right now and so do the people I trust. (Plus there's the fact that I literally always scum read Jan and I'm not here, which is kinda promising?)

I agree he would actually be a decent lump, though. Think I prefer you/Koalas still, but I'd be fine with Jan. It's not at all that he's bad - more just that I feel like I get more from a scum flip out of you/Kalas on the back of the fact that I often can't parse Jan's thoughts well enough to get much from Jan spew.

And yeah. Sorry if I'm coming across as an asshole about the lump thing, I certainly don't mean to be; I just don't want to get mindfucked here :p.

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Trust in me that trusts in you.

Believe in the hard of the cards.

Let us make kangarooland great again .. you me (and kai).

If this does not convince you then you are just set in your ways and have to lump me.
    There is nothing I can do but accept the panda in my heart and value them as a member of my househould.

And demand respect from everyone by calling me by my true name.
    "His holiness emperor Jan the third, slayer of scum and the one single person to make town great again."

19. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

If no one had stated a read on Miner then there would likely be a reason for that no one has a read on Miner. I would look elsewhere and post around at the people not mentioning Miner because an entire game of not mentioning a player is weird.

And while I write up my Miner case (phone posting) I want you to answer this: When you replace in do you feel better about your reads during the day or the night?

---------- Post automerged at 07:37 ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 ----------

That would make you Donald Trump and as a Bernie supporter I refuse.

20. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

This is why you freak me out. Like, I think everybody knows I want miner more than I want Math, so... yeah. But I'm also incredibly paranoid that you're doing that "I'm super reasonable, come be reasonable with me somewhere that's not on my partner" thing that I fall to pieces against. That might not even make sense and I swear I'm going to read your posts till I force myself to think logically about this, but I'm pretty conflicted between wanting to towncircle you and wanting have you lumped so I don't have to worry about you either way.