1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Not my fault he only has one scumgame.

---------- Post automerged at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

"There's not a singular in thread action from Fluff of his that I town read."

I mean...that's literally his town MO. Nearly every game.

It's really a coin-toss.

2. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I hate the dentist... Going to start catching up from last night

3. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Question to the thread as a whole (excluding Reg because I know what he thinks) - this would be a thing I'd like to hear from you on if you feel like it Jan:

Do you guys all completely buy into a Waco/Math dichotomy?

I know the reasons it makes sense, but here's my thing - unless the team is like Waco/fluff (or scum is in a better position than we think and they deemed wasting an NK and a soup to be worth the headgames of confirming us on a group that we were probably already going to lynch through, which is getting a little tinfoil), I don't believe in a scumteam without Math that soups N1.

And I'm not saying that it's not Waco/fluff (or even that we're not in a paranoia world). But the relative difficult of lynching Waco to Math is a thing. Equally, that fact that there was N1 soup is a thing.

I don't know, I guess I'm just wanting other opinions. Because like I'm nodding along with Reg here but at the same time he's now moved to a Math/Waco dichotomy, and that's a huge shift from thread consensus where we were all lynching Math yesterday given that he's pushing Waco. I get the arguments for town Reg, but if scum Reg shows up and hard defends scum Math to victory I'm going to pout for /weeks/.

So come sanity check me. I'm going to go do my reading now like a good boy.

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Jan - I can't find the scum that'd be "highly townread" in my town pool, the majority of them are based on very very solid logic. And if you're actually paranoid of a world of Me/Miner you can read through Empire Mafia at MU where I replaced into a scum slot under the name Duplictious just over a month ago; you'll notice that I don't buss as scum, I distance and town read partners; hard bussing in setups that have a lot of PRs involved is a -EV strategy, even went as far as faking what effectively was a guilty on a townie to go for the win instead of bussing. As for your point on Jari, I very much bought his response re; his actual read on you being very different and him hoping he'd have more success.

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Heh. I never claimed I wasn't as well. (Also lol what even is this game from me?)

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm really excited for toDay because Witches don't have any roles to fakeclaim.

7. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Noted this earlier in my QT and had a few tactics we can use to catch scum with having minimal claims actually needed (And with scum having only 1 soup left "some" claims aren't a bad thing for us) but want to wait before bringing them up.

---------- Post automerged at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Eh, I'll bring up a singular one I had (Not saying I want to enact it) just want Vons thoughts on it.

How much would it help/hurt right now to get a claim from Math? If there's no counterclaim sure we've outed a role for scum but they can't soup it without running out of soup and it means we'd clear Math which gives us a lot of information to work with. If there is a counter-claim we're trading 1 townie for 1 scum meaning we'do go to a 9:1 situation which we should always win.

---------- Post automerged at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Knowing Maths alignment lets us work with the D1 situation a lot better since we can work out if it was SvS wagons or SvT.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I was toying with the idea of forcing a claim or two from the lynchpool as well.

Mostly fluff, since it's probably the only thing that'll save him if he's town, but knowing his alignment doesn't really tell us as much so eh.

---------- Post automerged at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

We're in a really good position, I /think/ no roles are known and no one's been crumbing.

Aside from Math, I think, which is one of the reasons I've been townnreading them.

So one claim to further gamesolving should be fine.

9. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Yeah I was considering multiple as well but there's never a gain at doing more than one at a time and I think finding out Maths alignment tells us a lot more than Fluffs or sadly even Wacos.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Unvote
    Day2 Vote MathBlade

This is purely to counter any "nuh uh talking about roles at all is antitown I won't claim!" nonsense. They'll have to claim if they get run up, so run up they shall get.

11. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    The way I had it down in my QT was scum will never win via soup if we leave at least 6-7 townies unclaimed. Assuming that we stop doing this once we have a CC we can afford 2-3 claims doing it one a a time inside the scum pool; no CC = that player is clear. If there's a CC we go 9-1 tomorrow with multiple clears.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Just throwing it out there.

I'm tinfoiling a world where miner was actually town and underestimated how bad his trolling at EoD would look. I made a note that if scum flubbed another Soup, then they were baiting us into massclaiming to solve the game and would get us with the third Soup.

Just a silly theory.

13. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I am terrified of this world and whimper literally every time I see the word claim in the thread.

Just fwiw.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Heh, only five posts behind Typhon.

Pathetic.

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

fontisian
    Kalas
    Typhon
    Snowvon
    Waco

Q
    Jari

Jan
    Fluff
    Reg

Kai
    Math

I would bet the game on the light blues being town. Yes, that does include Waco. Yes, I am serious.

16. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Actually this confirm my first thought when I saw the soup in that only you would have a read like that you would be willing to soup on.

You need to stop with the false narrative. At no point did I push harder on Miner than I did Mathblade. I made a full case on Mathblade, while my Miner posts were commentary. Mathblade was my #1 scum read yesterday.

Yes, I suggested lumping rather than lynching Miner at a point yesterday. However, If you ever bothered mentioning the entirety of that post (#707 for reference), you would notice I specifically said that I would rather lynch Math and lump Miner than vice versa. Why do you seem surprised I wanted to lynch my top scum-read?

In regards to the soup thing Regfan, I suggest you read TinyHunt5 on here (A game where I drew scum, was scum-read D1, and scum had a player DOB shot D1)

17. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Yeah. I think there 0 world's in which miner was town.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    If Miner was town I think we'd have had an oracle out that it was "3" to stop us going down the wrong track.

Since I made that post explaining why it's necessary for that to occur everyone has now posted (Waco was the last to do so).

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

scum!regs agenda almost always is to bus and win endgame.
    He can be with either one of the poe people, but he wins by lynching through the poe, one by one and killing of some confirmds on the way.
    That is almost always his only way to win.

I am paranoid about him being scum, because miner conceded in thread.
    He basically scumclaimed, which is a rare thing in games like this.
    Him staying a questionmark means a possible oracle might have to soft d2 and scum get the info as well as town. Even easier for them since they know 2-3 people who are not said role(you know, the scumteam)

There almost always was an upside in that play .. and the one person who profits most from it is just reg.

I can see reg thinking that mathblade is a runaway wagon and miner will get the lump.
    Making that push on miner with that in mind, is just the perfect opportunity.
    I know I would have cashed that in .. like always. (or not cashed it in at all to fuck with people .. but Newcomb is not playing).

On the dichotomy part .. I already said that they could both be town.
    I am not as set in the scumread on them as you guys are.

I agree that Waco has palyed sub par so far, but he was very town 1 year ago in a witchhunt game where he roleld scum with Von and Lochness.
    The only reason he broke down was because of a snowstorm, otherwise he would have kept his activity up.
    So yeah I would not say him being mostly lackluster is ever a scumtell .. there might even be an argument to be made about that being somewhat towny, not sure if that sticks, i don't know him well enough to read his mindset.

I can say that fonti would kick any and every of her partners in the ass nonstop (look at cobalt last game)and not let them be as inactive as most of the poe is. Therefore the only person in the poe that fits on a team with her is mathblade.
    But mathblade/fonti is not a scumteam i believe in (and fonti would townread waco just to pocket him? maybe .. but i don't see it).
    Mathblades townread on fonti referring to meta without no good reason early on .. was so god awful .. I don't want to believe that is w/w.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

unless MINER WAS THE ORACLE.

I can't keep my face straight saying that.