1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

to be an Auror or not to be an Auror?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IndoGhost, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

The poor children.

2. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Lets face facts here.

JKR is looking for more money.

She will write book 7 and Harry will destroy all but one Horcrux which he cannot find.

He will kill Voldemorts body and Voldemort will once again have to wander the Earth.

Thus leaving the door open for a sequel.

Making JKR even more money.

Greedy Bitch.

3. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

I actually read a fic where somethign quite similar to that happened. Except voldemort didnt kill himself he just exploded or something like that. I think it was a azkaban fic too. It was odd harry was all like "youve never known love tom and no one loves you. . . except me i love you" and then voldemort blew up. it was odd.

4. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i pray i never come across that fic

5. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

I hope it was a parody.

6. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

sadly it wasnt a parody. . .

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

LOL

That is funny!

8. Demon God of Chaos

Demon God of Chaos Seventh Year

i can't agree with you more...

9. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

The only way I can think of to make Harry good enough to take on Voldemort in Book 7 is to somehow transfer all Dumbledore's knowledge to Harry. seems reasonable.

Think about it, it The old man somehow knew he was gonna die and prepared some ritual or something. That's why he never trained Harry in magic but tried to build up his character with all the fake tests and pensive memories...

BAH. It has to be something like that. The only other alternative is Harry tripping while trying to stun Voldemort and falling on "ACTIVATE" button of a nuclear bomb...

10. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

lol. That gave me a very funny mental image. The only thing I can think of is that Voldemort botched his resurrection somewhat, you know that whole twinkle in the eye of Dumbledore when he heard that Voldemort used Harry's blood. After somehow destroying the horcruxes they confront each other, Harry loses, he dies, Voldemort is linked too closely with Harry and he dies of it. Don't know how that is supposed to lnk with the prophesy, but I can't see how it would the way it implies.

11. Demon God of Chaos

Demon God of Chaos Seventh Year

neither can live means that both must die...

that woudl be a good end... but not for the immature brats who think harry Ginny is teh way to go...

i hate HBP for making it a Harry Ginny

12. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I would say that it's almost a given that Harry is going to die in the end. That would seem to be the only way to give any real sense of closure to the series.

13. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Harry will definitely NOT die.

and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives

Indicating that one WILL live.

`so does that mean that… that one of us has got to kill the other one… in the end?'
    `Yes,' said Dumbledore.

She practically said that one of them will come out victorius. And with Dumbledore's new status as a saint, there's no way she will back out on her word.

No, Harry will probably be getting his ass womped and then Voldemort will crucio his bitch, making some mysterious power of love emerge in Harry's chest (like a beast). And then Harry will jump up and cast corporal patronius, who will then impale Voldemort on his antlers, making him explode in shower of white energy, while Harry snoog Ginny in the forplane... GAY!

14. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Eh, I'm just trying to hold out hope that the series will have a sensible ending and not some sappy cliched crap. Knowing JKR though, such a scenario is almost assuredly what we'll get stuck with. But hey, I can dream.

15. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I was kinda hoping for a fair duel of skill, may the best one win and that rot... but I realize that would never happen, with Harry being such a looser.

You know, the only way to follow up that 'power of love' bullshit and still have a great ending would be for Harry to turn into a veela, seduce Voldemort and butt-fuck him to death... Yeah, I think I'd love to see that story thrown at those canon-zealots.

16. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah that's possible, but it could just be she pulled one over, and the last part simply means neither can rest and get on with their lives until they kill the other.

17. SoulesS

SoulesS First Year

I really don't care at this point if the two of them lives, die, fall in love or whatever.

I only going to read the 7th book to know the endind and then close the book and forget canon forever. It's sad that a great book until book 4 - 5 ( I don't know if I hate or love the 5th book yet. >_<!) is going to finish only in a mediocre book series.

18. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah I agree with that. I'd give it that it was great up until book 4. The ending of book 4 made me think Harry really was going to be getting training from Dumbledore's "old crowd"/OOTP and then we'd actually see some fun in book 5.

To have Voldie pretty much on vacation in OOTP and HBP, with Harry just being a lil bitch in both, destroyed canon. Sure in HBP, the death eaters are killing folks, but it's so far off camera, and mentioned so offhandedly ("Oh btw, so and so who we've never heard of before's aunt got killed by DE's) that I couldn't of cared less.

19. SoulesS

SoulesS First Year

Exactly, until book 4 - 5(?) the story make sense to me (characters , storyline) but I don't know how JKR can destroy all her work without a care in 1 book (OOC characters, mediocre plot, Ginny Mary Sue, all the damn book! damn it!) and I'm sure that she will screw the 7th book too.

I'm sorry for the rant but it's just frustrating all this shit. >_<

20. Xsi

Xsi Squib

Harry the Auror

I can see Harry becoming an Auror, but I don't think he would remain one for very long. His (much glamorized) view of an Auror is someone who would battle the horrible Dark Wizards (oh my!) in some sort of amazing fashion.

If he were to become an Auror he'd just end up as a poster boy to get recruits and endorsements for the Ministry. Seeing his history with the MoM (I still can't see why he'd want to work for them instead of just burning down their damn building) it'd be difficult for him to do any sort of poster boy work. Doubly so given their earlier attempts at character assassination.

Though with the way the wizarding mind seems to think, who knows.