1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Clancy's Endwar

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by BloodRedSword, Apr 23, 2009.

1. BloodRedSword

BloodRedSword High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Anyone playing? It's freaking good... Voice command units, units upgrade outside mission... It's more of a Real-Time Tactics instead of RTS. A lot of options to play with. Give it a try man.

2. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I've played some of it, but don't have my ps3 here so didn't get to play all that much over break. I liked what I played, but felt that it was lacking something. The campaign seemed a bit to constricted to me, but that might be because I havent finished playing it.

3. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

I haven't played it yet, though been looking at 'acquiring' it at a much more reasonable rate. Still, I'm already wary of it with the way they're really promoting the 'Voice Commands'.

I've found that any game that really pushes one unique aspect like that often fall short on everything else. Like, "Most detailed graphics ever!!!!" might be nice but the plot could be made for retards. Still, I can't judge until I play...

4. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

If there's one thing I learned during my time playing the demo, it's this:

This game is not for me.

Everything was fine until I actually got into combat, that's when the problems started. And by "problems" I mean me yelling at my units to "Unit 2 go left. NO, LEFT MOTHERFUCKER, LEFT!"

Ya, this game is not for everybody.

5. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

It's pretty hit and miss for people. I've had about one or two times out of beating the campaign when the mic just did whatever the fuck it wanted. Kinda pissed me off, but otherwise it was smooth. My main problem is that the gameplay is fun in theory, but after a ton of battles it's just fucking boring.