1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Traitors Within Discussion Thread - Old Story Thread

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Midknight, May 4, 2005.

1. Treck

Treck First Year

THats ok I reviewed pree coffee which is VERY dangerous of me to do *G*

You never did mention who was weilding Tom's wand when James died.

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Next chapter will be up shortly. I got majorly pissed off at a email I got and ripped all the chapters off of ff.net to merge some of them. Next chapter stops all the talking and starts all the action =)

I hope anyone that reads the above response and comparison will understand what I mean by rushing a story, it realllllllly kills me when I hear that, lol. The comparison part was mostly for anyone who says that to me, if it was just you, I wouldn't of been so pissy about it =)

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

What did the email say?

I thought it was going along nicely my self. Didnt think anything had to be changed but it doesnt matter. Instead of nine chapters its five, meh.

Some people just dont understand a good build up. They want it all rushed so it gets into the action quickly like some other stories. But then when its rushed, things get over looked.

And thats when Plot Holes appear.

Then those same people have a cry because things werent explained properly. Can't win, eh? :p

4. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

Ohhhh poor old midknight dont cry, I really like your story, I am just too lazy to write reviews ^^. I also like your dialogs (spoon lol ^^). The problem is that many authors write about completly unnecessary things like cloths, but forget to write about why a character is doing this and what his intentions are. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against a author who describes his character, but it gets boring when it stretches over a whole chapter.

5. Midknight

Just one of the author's I mentioned in one of my posts here or on FF.net responses, about his story being like 5 days old, nearly unreadable with typos, god forsaken amounts of errors, and yet 300+ reviews of people riding his nutsack screaming how great his "Harry + Ginny
    coming together since they have both been possessed" angle is.

I'm working on a few chapters ahead and Harry's four turns just extremely bitter at that hellhole that is FF.net atm.

I merged the chapters, because I felt that if people REALLY wanted to rush the interaction with Voldie and Harry, and miss the *counts* 13 foreshadowing hints I dropped in there.. screw them, let them skip the one chapter, and get on with the Fudge dialogue.

The reviews and the email just hit at a time where I didn't feel too hot to start with, and I'm just blatantly pissed off that such trash gets their jock ridden.

Any of you looked at the thread I locked, the main story thread, and seen the teasers?

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I too get frustrated with extremely bad (or at best mediocre) fics getting hundreds upon hundreds of reviews based simply upon the ships they sail. I could think of quite a few offhand, but don't particularly care to list names.

7. Midknight

Aye I called out Earl of the North, which is THE Harry/Azkaban + Harry/Bella fic out right now to read, and I must've pissed off every reviewer he's ever had with the hate I got, lol.

I stand by my statements on it though

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

lol.

If its a good story, its a good story. It isnt good because Harry is with Tonks or whatever and they like it. Most shippers are annoying.

9. Midknight

Aye.

I've gotten alot of questions about the amount of ships I have in mine.

None are all fluffy and romantic at all, some are down right twisted.

It's no Harry/Harem story

10. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

people need to learn it a book about a kid who is fated to kill or be killed where do you see the romance in that...ok it could be like shakespere(sp) or something... but no you dont see any romance that works with harry he could play around but thats all not " i love you,(name of character). will we marry me?" while still in school it does not work

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

lol.

Yeah, Harry should get some in canon. Seriously, he should get some serious booty. :p

12. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

<__< if the kid'll stop being a whiney bitch im all for it... give the kid some serious knock your socks off older experienced pussy... or even one of these uptight idiot fangirls from the school.. so long as it s not hermy or ginny..

13. Midknight

Like I said before, Harry is going to make Bella his bitch, and use her in all sorts of ways.

Voldy gives Bella to him, as a way of getting a spy in close, and bonds her to him, as long as he doesn't kill her.

Harry + Bella = some fun scenes with experimenting. I have to go over it all when I finish writing it to figure out just what I want to keep @ ff.net and try to stick to the M rating, lol.

Tonks is around for a short bit, sadly she's gonna kick it.

Ginny is a funny case, Hermy's only going to get slobbered on from Fluffy as he tears her into a million bits.
    The Patils I'll keep quiet about for now, but it's gonna be funny.

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

In the next book, if he is screaming at everyone again, i'm burning it.

I understand that he's gonna be angry but hell... if he chills abit, bangs some random fangirl, its all good.

15. Antivash

*nods* .. agreed... id have said the same thing if JKR killed tonks as well but shes already said she would be around a while..

seriously.. the guy needs to get his rocks off... im sure if he asked real nicely he could even manage to get four or five fangirls at the same time... and if we use the popular cho's a slut idea.. cho as well..

16. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

true.. it would help him calm down considerability

17. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

They'll work the anger outta him. Bugger talking about it, just get some. Sirius would be proud. Apparently he was a ladies man... well, before he went to Azkaban for 12 years. Thats how everyone writes him in their stories anyway.

That 'Cho's a slut' theme is weird. I dont like her very much but only because she talks about her ex's and where they took her doesnt mean she's easy. If she was, Harry woulda got some his 4th year during the Tri-Wizard. She woulda jumped him in the hall and dragged him into an empty classroom. Doesnt matter if she's with Cedric because she is a 'whore'.

18. Midknight

I don't see her as a whore, more of a mentally unstable young chick who got really latched onto her first boyfriend that shagged her.

I'm sure we ALL know a girl whose gotten beyond obsessed at a boyfriend at one point in time or another, lol.

-On a side note, I've felt like crap lately, so the story hasn't had it's weekly update this week. Got alot of dental work done, 4 cavities, and a wisdom tooth pulled, and they found a nice "growth" in my right sinus cavity. Got to love how there's never anything wrong with you till you go to a doctor!@

Got vacation the week of the 3rd of July, and that's going to be filled with a CT scan and fun blood tests, yay!

19. Antivash

I dont thnk shes a whore OR mentally unstable.. ithink what it is is that shes overly emotional, and like mid said, got attached to her first shag partner. Its not uncommon, as far as i know. women desire romance and the so called mr. right, rather than the hot and avalible mrs right now that guys are looking for..

20. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I bet Cho and Cedric had some pretty good times in the prefects bath. I wonder if Myrtle watched... :p