1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to Find a specific story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ireadalot00, Dec 2, 2010.

Not open for further replies.
  1. ireadalot00

ireadalot00 Muggle

Hey,
    Once upon a time, I read this Fic and I am trying to find it again. Here is what I remember about it.

Harry is with Hermione
    Ron ends up with Luna
    I believe Draco Ends up with Ginny

at some point, ron and luna get sucked into an alternate dimension where they have a daughter. They then send that daughter back to the normal dimension where she is cared for by Harry and Hermione.

It covers a long period of time (and I believe has several novel length stories), beginning around when harry and hermione hook up and going well into their kids going to hogwarts.

It is abit racy.

Anyone know a fic like that and where I can find it?

2. Grinning Lizard

Grinning Lizard Supreme Mugwump

Every week. Every week there's another person who posts a story search in General instead of in here.

I'm convinced you're the same person.

You see the [​IMG] icon ~6 posts below this one? The other story search thread? It means it's been moved to the story search subforum.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  3. ireadalot00

ireadalot00 Muggle

ok, I'll move it. Thanks

4. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

GL........why aren't you writing?

5. Perfection

Perfection Fourth Year

I just laughed for a good fifteen seconds at the irony of your name and post.

Thanks.

6. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

To be fair, it is rather confusing for new people to find the story search subforum thread. I happen to come across it by accident when I clicked "Other Fandoms" else I doubt I would've found it that quikly either.

I can definitely see it from readalot00 point of view. He searches for the keywords "search stories" on the mainpage and finds none. Thus he places his request in the subforum which he believes is the correct one.

The description of each of the subforums in Fanfiction Extras on the main page doesn't give any indication that it is the place to request help finding your story. In my opinion it should be written somewere in the main page under Fanfiction Extras (or one of it's subforums) to clearly state: "search your missing stories here".

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  7. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

I just copy pasted search stories into the search function of the forums and about half a page down there is a thread that is placed in...

STORY. SEARCH.

While I do agree making the story search forum a bit more visible this is clearly just a sign of not thinking this all the way through. Plus what GL said.

8. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Perhaps a sticky briefly detailing site navigation would serve well?

That is, of course, if newbies actually read stickies. So yeah.

9. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

The descriptions of each forum and subforum are written under the links to them. Navigate the site for a day or two before posting and you'll figure out what goes where. Easy enough, right?

10. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

This is what is written under the subforum "FanFic Discussion"
    Please tell me what part of it (or any of the other subforums under FanFic Extra) gives even the slightest idea that this is the forum to post your missing stories?

While I agree that it isn't much work to look around the forums and familiarize yourself with it, but most people are apparently not doing that. I believe the easiest way to solve this is by adding the words "search stories" (or something similar) under FanFic dicussion. Which I believe is very easily done and as result you'll probably have a lot less people posting in the wrong thread, which is apparently happening for quite some time if GL comments are accurate.

Mercenary, when I use search function and type the exact words "Search story" I get dozen of stories on the first page, but I don't see the thread for "searching stories". After that there are still another 49 pages. More over there is also the possibility that your using the wrong keywords. It could also be missing stories, missing story or searching stories. Either way you will get a long list full of crap. Frankly I would prefer asking for help instead of going through every page or try every possibility.

Even if it appeared somewhere in the middle of the list on the first page, this is just not convenient. Especially if it's so easily fixed by simply adding two words on the main page.

Edit: I just noticed you used "search stories" instead of "Search Story", but I think I made my point quite clear.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  11. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Because he finally realized how crap that assassins creed shit story is.

On Topic: Fuck off and die, OP. Locked.

Not open for further replies.