1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tsukihime

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oxy, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

After finally finishing Fate Stay Night visual novel (which I recommend to any visual novel lovers). I decided to search for Typemoon other work, Tsukihime.

Unfortunately it turned out that the production for Tsukihime has stopped. The few copies left are sold for outrageous prices. Though normally I don't mind paying for a game, but a game with a price near 500 dollars is way to expensive for my taste. So does anyone know a place to acquire Tsukihime at a reasonable price? Thanks in advance.

By the way I am not sure whether it's allowed to post a question like this. This is afterall not a discussion, but because I saw no rules in the subforums I decided to give it a shot. If it isn't allowed then I sincerely apologise for breaking the rules.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2010
  2. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Just wait a while, supposedly, they're remaking Tsukihime sometime soon. So, just wait for that to come out and get that version.

3. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

I heard something about that, but if I recall correctly then the announcement was around 2006. After 4 years Typemoon still hasn't given a release date yet. For all we know it might still take a couple of years (not to mention we have to wait for translation as well). Hence I would have prefered to get my hands on the current version.

Edit: woops seems the announcement was in 2008. The rest still applies. It might still take a while and frankly I am not the patient type.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  4. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

I think asking for a download link of anything, even a VN, is a little much. If you found FSN, you can easily find TK on the interwebs. It's under a gigabyte too, I believe - so even if you can't find a living torrent on tpb, mediafire, megaupload, etc. links are available elsewhere.

Just exercise your googlefu.

5. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

I have no doubt that links are available on the interwebs. However I don't fancy receiving a virus and losing my laptop for 3 weeks. That's why I am asking people a link where they got their TK from, which lessens my chances in getting a virus.

Oh for the record I didn't DL FSN, I bought it. Which is obviously not a possibility with TK unless I am willing to buy a way overpriced game.

6. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [Removed - No Warez/downloads.]

Thank your lucky stars that you asked for Tsukihime. It's amazing enough to make me even help you. No viruses, guaranteed to work unless you suck.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2010
  7. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

Hey thanks man it's working. However I do have a question. At the readme of mirrormoon they explain how to add sound to the game for xp, vista or earlier windows users. But they don't mention anything about windows 7. I also checked on CDex, which has only one version that supports windows 7, but the tabs on it are completely different then what is mentioned in the readme.

I was wondering what am I supposed to do. Has anyone else DL'ed Tsukihime on windows 7? Must I just DL a earlier CDex or must I add it in a completely different way? Some help please.

8. Clerith

High Score:
    I have Windows Seven too. Go to your Tsukihime folder. There should be a folder named CD. Copy and paste all the music files there. It should work.

Though, you might have to convert the music file type if your Tsukihime starts occasionally dying whenever the ingame song changes.

9. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

Ah stupid of me I thought I had to compress all of the soundtracks, as it was mentioned in the readme. Seems all I had to do was copy + paste. Anyways it's working perfectly now. Thanks Clerith, I owe ya one!

10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Guess who just asked for, and who supplied a link to warez? :)

11. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

Your making it sound as if your completely innocent Jon:angel:. I am certain you have absolutely never gotten any games illegally. *cough* *cough*

Edit: thanks for your kindness btw. Tsukihime is indeed awesome.

12. Clerith

High Score:
    Tsukihime is awesome enough for me to risk taking a hit for the team. Thank you for your kindness, Jon.

13. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I am so innocent that I cum sunshine. o_o.

Lol cancer facial. :facepalm