1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TV Shows Outside the US

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Spanks, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Black Mirror is really good, but it also makes me want to die.

2. KGB

KGB Headmaster

I watched Glitch. It's an Assie tv show about people coming back from the dead and the mystery of how they got there. It was ok, but over indulged in lost style mystery box nonsense.

But it got me thinking: surely there is good television from Australia. Through sheer quantity, if those soaps of theirs is an indication of how much content they produce, they should have managed to produce something good.

Anyone got any recommendations?

3. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Masterchef Australia is easily the best Masterchef, although recent iterations have focused a bit much on the sobstories 'n such.

Also, not great if you don't actually enjoy Masterchef wherever.

4. Caledfwlch

Caledfwlch Sixth Year DLP Supporter

The only show I can think of is Summer Heights High, which is hilarious, but I don't know how funny it'd be to someone who wasn't Australian.

5. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Some kdramas I recently checked when searching for lighthearted shows and liked. Not exactly new, but newer than the last post in this thread.

None of the shows are original, but of the all kdramas are recently checked, these managed to capture my attention enough to finish them and maybe someone will have fun viewing them too.

Somehow 18.
    It's low budged 10 very short episodes, but I enjoy this kind of 'fix your past' setups and the main actors really work well together playing aloof girl and attentive guy type of relationship.

Romance is a Bonus Book.
    A slice of life in a publishing firm with an excellent cast of supporting characters, but the main leads do their work just as good.

Funny info I learned after finishing the show is that the main actor often called the main actress his ideal woman long before this show and is her big fan. In other words, this show is basically one long fan dream for him.

What's Wrong with Secretary Kim.
    A rom-com that started a recent popularity of this setup, but has simply better actors who manage to make this relationship likeable instead of annoying.