1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Understanding HP Characters better

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Methos, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Methos

Methos High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Greetings DLP.

Last time I read the books was over a decade ago, as avid fanfiction reader over the years the characterization of various characters mingled with what I used to remember from the books, further I'm not sure i caught everything in books.

After making my self fool and to be immortalize here on DLP forums regarding Umbridge character and magical skills (she got some shit )

I'm looking to create a list of debates or essays from DLP or other forums, where people already debated various character qualities, skills, motivation and general analyses.

Think it will help readers and writers to remember who the characters were really in canon, after so much fanon reading.

Hermione:
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/threads/is-hermione-annoying.35788/

Especially this post:
    Hyaroo form SB, (was rec in the above thread)
    https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...imes-the-charm.305865/page-1108#post-31203942

House elves.
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/threads/house-elves.37903/

Any thoughts about other sources for other characters ? from main to support ?

I'm will edit later if I find more threads with other characters.

Have pleasant week DLPers

Last note:
    If anyone has a suggestion for better thread title it will be highly appreciated.

Edit: Potter Law

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  2. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Potter law.

That is all.

3. Methos

High Score:
    1) Thanks for pointing me there
    2) Last update was around 2007, after more than a decade DLP changed as well how we view and see various characters, while I agree with good portion of the points there, some miss the mark, or no longer relevant.
    However that list is good stop for any writer to avoid repeating stupid cliche.

3) The purpose of this thread is to collect links for in depth analyze of various characters.

Edit:
    4) Is there an updated version of Potter Law?
    What I found is the following one.
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/threads/potter-law.2321/

4. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

5. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

There isn't a updated version of potter law, a large part of the forum that contributed to that has moved away from the forum or the fandom.

6. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you haven't read the books in a decade why don't you go do that to refresh your memory?

HMM
  7. Methos

High Score:
    Thanks it was entertaining to read, however it is a the awesomize version of the HP character

That is a shame, I'm trying to hunt down Taure and other DLP members who posted over the years their various thoughts on different characters

Yes reading 3k pages of a story i probably remember 95% of it, if not higher, just to hunt down all those nuance character traits ?
    Further it doesn't take into account I might miss certain things nor that people already did what I'm looking for (check first post) and trying to collect it to a single place to have a go to location.

8. Scarat

Scarat Fourth Year

High Score:
    Honestly, rereading the Harry Potter series has helped me a lot. I have to be really careful to read every single line, but I've been noticing a lot of things I never really payed attention to before. It's also a lot of fun.