1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Unknown Memories by Fission25 - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ip82, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

NOOOOO!!!!!

Actually, it's kind of understandable that there has to be at least one chapter with all that fluff. Harry is still canon. But you should make a really quick transition to Hogwarts, since seeing the Weasleys gets really cliche after a while.

I think that you should gradually make his older friends a smaller part of the story - it's alright to have a lot of the golden trio and Weasleys for several more chapters, but I'd get really pissed if that continues for more than 5.

2. Fission25

Fission25 Guest

The next chapter will be mostly the Weasley’s, though you’ll have a little of Sirius, Ollivander, and Katie. This will be the last chapter of the summer though and then he’ll be at school and no-more Weasley family till Christmas.

The bad parts of the Golden Trio, in my opinion, existed because they only had each other. Harry now has Katie, and through her, her friends. He’ll also, to a lesser extent, have Ginny which means we’ll be meeting Luna this year as well. The Tri-wizard tournament is going to be much more substantial than in the book and he’ll spend a lot of time with people from that.

He won’t become friends with everyone, but he will know them. And through Harry, Ron and Hermione will meet new people and make some friends as well. They’ll have some troubles but their friendship will remain and, if anything, grow stronger, but they won’t be the ‘golden trio’ anymore.

Harry won’t be the only one changing either. Hermione, Ron, and Ginny will change quite a bit as well, mostly because of Harry but also because of their new friends. By the end of the year they won’t be seeing eye to eye with the rest of their family at all. They also won’t be stereotypical Gryffindor’s anymore.

Fission

3. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I didnt say show the red heads next chapter i said kill the red haired mother cow. And then have harry rape Ginny and Hermione with his broom. and give Lupin ron as a snack at the full moon

4. Fission25

Fission25 Guest

:laughs:

A little scene just popped into my head when I read that. I have some free time next week and think I just might make a little one-shot similar to that. Harry's reaction to being stuck at Privet Drive and no letters from his friends.

Fission

5. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Thank you, I like the idea. so does everyone else here probably

6. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

firstly, great idea with the brooms/snack idea would be very interested to read that. As for the fic i think it has alot of potential and will def be watching this as it develops, a bit worried about how fission is going to handle the romance/tourney/training at Hogwarts but i hope he is successful. so far 4/5

7. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

This one got updated again.

Pretty good chapter I thought if a bit on the fluffy side. This really is one of those stories that I have a love and hate opinion of. Love the actual story but I really can not stand the update rate on it ...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  8. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I read the updates and still like it but its one of these fics that you have to be able to remember what the cliches were when it was started.

9. mbond98

mbond98 Seventh Year

This story is becoming a major disappointment; a fourteen year old is a 'man' after feeling a girl up? -3 points for taste. +2 for originality. 4/5.

I like the Olivander 'great wizards' bit.

Less :fap, more :wizard:.

FUUBAR, DRANCO, OTHERS THAT MAY FOLLOW: Sorry. This is why I'm the Dark Lord of Negrep.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  10. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

I hate to be an ass... but thank you for getting my hopes up and then crushing them. If you will notice I posted that this chapter was up a month ago.

11. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

,,l,, -_- ,,l,,

Since usually no one posts in this thread unless its updated. I thought yes update. BUT NO!!!

12. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

There's been another update.

The plot finally seems to be moving along a bit. A few new characters were introduced and they finally make it back to Hogwarts.

13. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

An excellent update. 4/5 from me.

14. mbond98

mbond98 Seventh Year

I quote meself for truth and arrogance.

15. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

I'm disappointed with the latest updates. I was hoping for a Harry-gets-help-with-magic-from-Ollivander base plot, but it looks more like a Harry-is-expected-to-be-a-visionary-and-revolutionist-for-Ollivander-and-Friends.

I dunno, it's still a decent read, but the pace seems to be slowing down here, not speeding up. It's also a weird direction to take the Harry/Ollivander interaction.

16. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Updated. We have the first day back in school, the arrival of the other schools and a fashion lesson by Katie. But I have to re-read it, I think ... because as it is, I'm not able to tell what the main plot really was, or if it was advanced in this chapter :?

I liked the ending, though.

17. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Sesc beat me to it.

Good chapter. The majority of it was filler but still a good chapter none-the-less. Like it was already said I liked the end the best. :D

Kinda nice to see that this is being updated with a little bit more frequency than it had been.

18. TehLicha

TehLicha First Year

Argh, I was just reading this yesterday, and left right before it updated. -.-

A great chapter.

19. Montclair

Montclair First Year

Finally the author updated this fic. Few interesting ideas and overall great chapter.

20. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I had to laugh when I read that wizards in Brazil don't believe in using magic directly against one another and that being good at doing such is a bad, bad thing. They never hear of a Dark Lord before?

50 bucks says that Voldemort takes his merry band of do-badders down there and slaughters their magical capital, then raises their corpses for the lulz.

Hang on, that does sound awfully familiar...

Doesn't matter. Those hippies deserve it.