1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Movies in 2014

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Ash, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

It was awesome, not magical like the first, but very very good. Wanted more Stoick, disliked Astrid, they made her so bland, like in the series.

Saw The Giver today, a pretty good movie, but they didn't trust the audience enough to make it good. The shoehorned romance, instead on focusing on the great relationship between Jonas and Gabe. Ash grew on me. Jeff Bridges was a disappointment, compared to the great Meryl Streep. Skaarsgard was great, Holmes weak. Lead girl, so bland. Beautiful scenes, and photograpy, masterful editing, I loved it when they just let us feel.

Oh, and choosing Taylor Swift, baaad decision just to make money and fuck immersion.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  2. Euroclydon

Euroclydon High Inquisitor

Oh man, prepare to be massively disappointed by those books. I mean, I know that it is YA, but it consistently has very very poor writing. The characters make head scratching decisions on basically every page. I think it was half-way through the second book that I realized that it was not going to get better and that the author just sucked at writing. At that point I was committed, having already purchased all three books and having read the first half of the trilogy.

I saw the movie last week though. I thought it was actually pretty good. One of the rare cases of the movie being way better than the book.

just my two cents.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Oh goddammit. Thanks for the heads up.

I only planned on reading the first book anyways. If I can survive the entire Twilight series, I think I'll make it through this.

4. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh lordy, I am just beside myself with excitement over this one--Tak3n! Fuck yeah, another movie about a skilled badass who wants nothing more than to lay down his guns and live in peace, but most go through legions of mooks and a sinister foreigner to do so!

On a more serious note, just got back from seeing Dracula. Was pretty ballin'. No one did anything retarded on the demand of the plot, which was nice. Hinted at a sequel, and in such a fashion that suggests it would be an original plot.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've a bad feeling I've seen the best bits in the trailer for that one...

6. CBH

CBH Sixth Year

More looking forward to the suggested Taken 4 myself.

7. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Liam Neeson's face upon seeing /b/

[​IMG]

8. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

So watched the Equaliser today and have to say that it is one strange movie. The slow and methodical storytelling/camera really clashed with my expectations of a simply action flick.It is still an interesting movie but think that the idea would have worked better as a short series.

9. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Just finished watching Interstellar and I have to say that it is quite an interesting and impressive movie. Beautiful cinematography and sound design,especially for the space parts. It really manages to capture the feeling and scope of space, or least how I imagine it to be.

The story is entertaining and somewhat believable but it has quite a few "supernatural" elements that, in my opinion, could have been left out/ignored. The actors are capable but strangely enough the two "pilots" that impressed me most were the robots.

It`s only true weakness is the ending but that is probably mostly personal taste. ALl in all it is a movie worth watching.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    I loved the ending. Personal tastes and all that.

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Big Hero 6 was decent given that it was geared for a much younger demographic than normal Marvel fare. That said, coulda been a whole lot better.

12. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I want to watch Big Hero 6 because reasons, but I live in the middle of fucking Narnia... It comes out at the end of January how unfair is that?

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Comes out 26th Dec in Australia :(