1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Movies in 2016

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I don't know. The scene where the humans get rekt and then this orc just picks up a goddamn horse over its head and chucks it left an impression. I knew orcs were generally beefier and stronger than humans but not by this much.

I know they'll get equalized for the most part after the first few surprise skirmishes, but yeah. It seemed weird.

As for the gryphon, it just looked awkward on screen.

Also, the bearded human guy rubs me the wrong way. I don't like his facial hair. I hope he's not the main human character.
    Why couldn't they make a movie about Varian Wrynn? I'd pay very, very good money to watch that.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Because he's not born yet. I think. Either way, he'd be a kid.

And it's hard to tell a Warcraft story without going over this part. Though I'll agree it's not as interesting.

There's news recently that Activision Blizzard have formed their own film/tv studio, so they've obviously got ambitions for many more movies (though I'm hoping for an Overwatch animated TV series).

3. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Well, if anything has enough material for a cinematic universe, it's Warcraft. We'll see how the first movie does, which will probably decide how soon we'll see any follow ups.

Hopefully we'll see some deeper into the timeline.

4. Gengar

High Score:
    Personally, I'd have loved the first movie to be the events leading up to the Sundering.

5. IAmJustAnotherGuy

IAmJustAnotherGuy Seventh Year

Why is there a human-sized PRC female? Is she supposed to be a half-orc/half-human? Also, I'm guessing the First War only involved humans and orcs and not the rest of the races or am I wrong and the trailer just didn't show it?

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Orc women are human sized, but the disparity is jarring. They may very well have made the males too big, but I guess they wanted Durotan to throw horses?

Undead come later, Night Elves are isolationist in Kalimdor until the events of reign of chaos.

There should be high elves, half elves, goblins, ogres, dwarves, trolls, gnomes and dragons though. I dunno.

7. redlibertyx

redlibertyx Professor

That trailer looks like The Hobbit movies in all the worst ways.

8. Ankan

Ankan Professor

She is Garona Halforcen. A half Draenei and half Orc.

---------- Post automerged at 00:43 ---------- Previous post was at 00:43 ----------

I think they said that depending on the first movies success they might make one movie per WC game.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    Half Draenei? o_O

Huh. interesting.

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ehhh. I was not impressed by the Warcraft trailer. Also, I can't believe they actually went for the comical globby armor look from WoW.

11. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've never really been interested in Warcraft, and the trailer's not changing that.

12. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Well, it seems that they decided to forgo almost all more serious elements from movie 2 and go with the cheap 'real dad vs. adopted dad' but not delay on it (that drama always pisses me off, your parents are those who raised and loved you. treating those who did it as anything less is immensily insulting, even the biological parents do deserve a chance if they go after their child.)

Warcraft doesn't look impressive. And everyone knows Sly Cooper movie is gonna be the definite game movie.
    -Don't know why they went with the much more realistic look and a different voice actor. The banter and new voice were great though, and the CGI looks amazing.

13. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I have been keen for a warcraft movie for ages, but after watching both the Warcraft movie trailer along side the Warcraft Legion cinematic trailer, I am extremely disappointed by the movie trailer.

Sure I'll still go to watch it, but the whole time I'll be thinking in the back of my head 'this could of looked so much better.'

Yeah it would be extremely difficult to make a full CGI movie to blizzards quality, but would that be so bad? I'd rather wait 10 years for perfection then watch a subpar release. Now I'm already waiting for the warcraft movie thinking it's going to have second-rate visual quality, let alone whether or not the movie will do the story any justice.

14. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Okay, let me preface this by saying that what the actual fuck you guys, I would never agree to wait 10 years so that the movie would look slightly better and less awkward.

Secondly, Varian Wrynn is my favorite Warcraft character and holy shit the Legion trailer has me filled to the brim with excitement and fanboy-ing all over the place.

15. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

Yeah, I'm not really feeling the warcraft trailer. BUT, it's got Travis Fimmel in it from Vikings, and he's fantastic in that, so I'll probably give it a watch just to see how it is.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    Varian...? Really? He's not even the most interesting character in his family, lol

17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362

Shut your whore mouth, you heathen. Repent now, while you still can.

Varian is awesome.

18. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

I feel really bad for Dominic Cooper. He keeps getting put into badly done CGI films.

And no Republic, Varian is not awesome. Anduin is so much more interesting. Jaina had more pathos. Danath Trollbane had more awesomeness. Varian is a generic gladiator turned king who Blizzard propped up as the High King of the Alliance because reasons.

Honestly, from what I can guess from the trailer, the intent isn't that bad. Orcs want to find a new home, that new home is Azeroth. They're going to fight the humans, and Thrall's parents are going to try and broker peace with the humans but an ambush will happen that will kill the King of Stormwind and see the survivors of Stormwind flee north in a desperate bid for survival under Lothar and Turalyon while Garona feels bad because traitor bitch.

That's fine. Makes perfect sense as the first part of a trilogy.

My problems however...

• CGI - It looks terrible, evocative of the shitty trailers they do all the time with oversized characters and armours and animals. It does not look cool, it looks so fake and shitty.

• Immediately setting up the Orcs as sympathetic protaganists. So stupid. Part of the allure of the Orcs is that they were initially typically horrible bad guys before turning for the better under Thrall.
      • If anything, they should have set up the Orcs as baddies from the start, and then work the possible good-guy angle in the film. That trailer should have focused on human farmsteads getting mysteriously attacked, and Stormwind knights trying to investigate before getting captured. Getting blearily dragged through the portal to Draenor, and holding council with Gul'dan and Ner'zhul and all the rest.

• Referencing way too much. Garona, multiple human kingdoms, multiple clans, etc... and it all looks generic as shit and ugly as shit. They'd have done better being more clever with what they showed, using voice overs to conceal characters until they showed in the film.
      • As is, we got presented a dozen generic characters with very little to tell between them. The orcs all look samey. The humans are all dressed in armor. We don't even get a single name between them all.

Really, really do not give a shit.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  19. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    You are dead to me, Hash. Once, I respected you. Now, I wonder if I ever knew you at all.

20. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Fuck Varian and his gladiator/pseudo-samurai bullshit. If I'm going to have someone represent humanity on Azeroth, I'd rather the boy-king with a modicum of actual character depth do the job. Hell, I'd rather have a night elf. Or god forbid, a fucking dwarf.

(Just not a gnome, draenei, worgen or pandaren, because fuck those guys they're all a bunch of cheap gimmicks. Well, not the draenei, but my draenei are WC3 draenei so yeah. High elves are cool, though.)