1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Movies in 2017

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

I am actually more excited to see Lego batman than I am Justice league. I think it'll have a better league than justice league, too.

Seconded about dr. Strange. Inception battles, I choose you!

2. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    A batch of pretty good trailers so far. Am pretty psyched for Wonder Woman and Justice League, am intrigued by the King Arthur trailer at least, the lego trailer was pretty funny and the Fantastic Beasts trailer was a bit weird but I think I might check it out? Did not convince me fully though.

Have zero interesting in Dr. Strange and while the trailer wasn't bad, it didn't exactly wake my interest. Unlikely that I am going to see that one.

3. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I liked the Dr Strange trailer...but the best reaction by far is from Chadwick Boseman.

4. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Well there goes my hope that they gave Will Smith the Groot treatment in the Suicide Squad.

King Arthur could be awesome. If they can keep down on the exposition. Guy Ritchie can make a decent stylized B-movie, such as his Sherlock Homes movies. And that is all this movie needs, some rudimentary setting details to explain the differences from what we are all familiar with and than crazy magic bullshit, with a tiny pinch of character development. Also they made Arthur look like Ragnar Lothbrok, which amuses me to no end for some reason.

The Justice League trailer was a bit of a mess. Kinda expecting a Batman vs Superman type of clusterfuck from the movie itself.

P.S. Can someone link the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 trailer? It's by far my favorite Marvel movie and all I can find is some crappy "reaction" videos.

5. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

KGB I read that they banned the trailer for now because the special effects aren't 100% completed and they don't want to ruin it for people.

6. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I love Guy Ritchie movies :/ This film took ages, and while it can be cool, I was hoping for Rock n Rolla 2 by now.

7. Kaioo

Kaioo Squib

I'm honestly really hyped up for Dr. Strange.

Was pretty neutral to it, but popped a look at the second trailer, and oh boy did it not let down.

Wonder Woman looks alright, not too sure if I'll go see it, since I've got burned one too many times by DC Movies.

8. Longsword

Longsword Banned

Heh, everyone of Ritchie's movies has the same whooshing sound in the background when it comes to exchanging blows. Reminded me of Mickey in Snatch.

9. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

Throughout the entire trailer I was thinking, "Man, Guy has been watching a little too much Vikings." Mainly for the music, but yeah, he kinda looks like him too.

10. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Took a gander at the King Arthur cast and there's a couple vikings on there too. /shrug

Also Beckham's in it... Lol

11. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just saw the trailer for King Arthur today and I have to say that I'm honestly pretty interested. The action looks fantastic, the music is badass and after Sons of Anarchy I'll watch damn near anything Charlie Hunnam does.

12. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Saw the trailer for The Great Wall. Looks pretty exciting, tbh. I'm not sure about the supernatural aspects, but I like the setting and it looks well made.

13. Tapi

Tapi Third Year

14. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

15. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

Sounds a bit like a Stuka to me so I guess they get blown up.

16. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Dunkirk is one of the defining moments of WW2, when British, French and Commonwealth/European forces were rescued from the coastline of France under enemy fire by not only the British/French navy but also fishermen, merchanteers, etc...

Literally anyone with a boat in the south of England hopped on and sailed south to rescue as few as one soldier and as many as thousands.

This, while the French military among others held the outer circuit and various pockets elsewhere, delaying a German offensive that would have crushed any initial follow up resistance by the Western Allies. It's very possible that if Dunkirk hadn't been pulled off and both the Soviets and the Americans weren't in the war yet that the British might have replaced Churchill as PM and capitulated, ending the war.

When we talk about things like D-Day, the return of the French Free Forces to France, etc... this is the moment in history they're paying back. That one moment of complete and utter fear, of men trying to swim their way across the channel, of soldiers barely old enough to shave trying not to die at the hands of the Nazi war machine.

And of the nation and countrymen that responded in droves, sailing south on whatever they could to rescue as many as they would.

17. fitzchivalry

fitzchivalry Squib

High Score:
  18. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, saw the trailer for Resident Evil: The Final Chapter. Spotted what looks like an example of bad CGI, but maybe it's not a final version of the shot. I'm sure the editing gave some people seizures, but it was well set to an awesome song. Someone went to the Suicide Squad School of Making Trailers.

This franchise is a guilty pleasure of mine. I would not call any of the movies good in the way that say, Marvel movies are good, it's more like "turn brain off, enjoy yourself". Still, even with that approach, Apocalypse was the last good one. Extinction, Afterlife and Retribution were just bad. Gotta say though, if The Final Chapter is half as good as the trailer, I will forgive this franchise everything.

19. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Leaked cast photos from the Ghost in the Shell movie:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They actually look fairly good. Except for Borma... what the hell happened to Borma.