1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Veela or Metamorphmagus? (Why not both?)

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Brian64, Aug 22, 2008.

1. SirDAMalot

SirDAMalot First Year

So as you can see a guy who likes fat chicks would still see normal slim women. The veela charm is better described during the triwizarding tournament as resulting in a trance for the receiving person(or dragon), but also in the second paragraph I quoted.
    I don't think they have any other magic that works for them. The good looks in my opinion have to be genetics.
    So every Veela looks smoking hot (and nearly the same?) and they have got the additional ability to dish out trances.

2. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

That's what I was referring to, Taure. That sense of unearthly beauty. Pure physical beauty alone can't make your skin shine, or your hair fan out without wind. That has to be their magic.

3. Marsupial

Marsupial Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I would say that a metamorph could, assume the exact level of physical beauty as a veela, but, as has been said, there has to be some magical component to veela, as they are magical creatures.

A woman who is, for all intents and purposes, physically perfect will evoke the requisite neurological and chemical (and the readily apparent physical) responses in an average male. That would, for both the veela and the identical metamorph, be exactly the same. However, the veela - by virtue of whatever power it is they hold - exerts a magical influence as well, fooling the body into a markedly greater response. People do stupid shit for a beautiful woman, but the level of stupid shit veela make people do (lets jump off of a massive stadium to get to them, yeah?) suggests an influence several orders of magnitude above what a human being, however beautiful she may be, is capable of.

If somebody likes fat chicks, either A) the veela are in a set form, but the magical effect creats the response regardless, albeit to a marginally lesser degree than in a normal male, or B) the magic also alters the perception of the viewer to make him believe the veela looks like his conception of perfect beauty.

While I prefer A), note that with choice B) the natural form of the veela would seem to be the bird form, and it is only when the veela shifts magic and concentration from 'attract mate' to 'kill' that a human actually sees it. The Heur ship is actually Harry fucking a big bird.*

*Were I not so lazy, I would alter one of Sree's 'I'm a thunderbird' pics from the ASCAL thread.

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The thing is, the fact that the Veela's presence makes you do stupid shit for them is not what I'd call a bonus.

A metamorphmagus can achieve the same physical beauty as a Veela. However, a Veela's presence also sends you, in the words of Jack O'Neil, crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, 3 fries short of a happy meal, WACKO! Seems to me like that's just another point in the Metamorphmagus' favour.

5. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    I have to choose Metamorphmagus. As Taure stated, Sure Veela are Hot, but they make you loose control of yourself. And it would suck if you were sexing one up and it went all Avian on you>_>.

Metamorphmagus's can look like whatever human they want, So they can be as hot as they want. And they don't make you go Caveman. Point Metamorphmagus.

6. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Veela = the anti-boggart. No one knows what a Veela truly looks like...

On topic: Metamorphmagus ftw, for all the reasons stated above. But like Taure said, she probably has a completely different view on physical beauty.

Although, with her playful personality, Tonks would probably change into Umbridge as I was climaxing. Or a pig - we know she's into that shit already... ugh.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  7. Breed

Breed Third Year

Personally, I think you ruined it by your misuse of semi-colons.

But I agree, the idea is total FAIL.

8. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    I wouldn't say its total fail. He was just trying to make it something it is not, It is a FapFic pure and Simple. The OP wanted it to have a actual plot and storyline, That just doesn't mesh with the idea.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008