1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Wand and Shield by Roarian/Morta's Priest - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Roarian, Jun 4, 2012.

1. KGB

KGB Headmaster

I'm a bit disappointed with this chapter. I expected something that could pose a real threat to Harry. Robots wielding bullshit magic blocking guns will only be interesting once and a conspiracy doesn't pose to large a problem to someone that can read minds. So ten thousand year old mad wizard would have been great.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Peeves surviving and setting off a Human vs Asgardian war

2. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

This chapter was portentous.

Harry just basically failed a mission given him by Death, leaving a vengeful chaos god alive in his wake. For everyone with some knowledge of Marvel comics, especially Dr Strange, consider the titles Peeves has given himself. They have significance. As does the boy who got away...

3. A.K.$J6-J5

A.K.$J6-J5 Seventh Year

Could the boy have been a young merlin?

4. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Speaking of Titles that have Significance, let us not forget what title Harry has just fully embraced. That's not something one does lightly or easily, especially when dealing with Magic.

I really don't think Lady Death is particularly fond of anyone declaring themselves her Master. Add in the fact that she's been fucking with him from the start, and this chapter sets up all sorts of future conflicts.

5. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Word of Roarian tells us

the boy is the Ancient One, Peeves is the Nameless One.

6. TripticWriter

TripticWriter Groundskeeper

It seems I am the only one to be really happy to see this plot line finally coming to an end or at least to a break. Like I said in my review, I just found it so boring and the ending was a serious let down to an already sub par part of the story in my opinion. In the end nothing happened, nothing got achieved after I don't know how thousands of words.

I suppose it was just not my cup of tea, still I am finally looking forward reading the rest of the story now...

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  7. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I'm incredibly excited to see what happens with Harry in Asgard, with
    Loki petrified. Also, am I the only one getting the vibe that the Asgardians were the ones who did the wizards in?

8. Owimbowé

Owimbowé Fourth Year

What?

Harry retrieved the sword of Gryffindor and the founders artefacts, managed to discover a lot more about the fate of the previous wizards while simultaneously discovering that Death herself is still involved in his life. Finally he arrives in Asgard(and previously the motherfucking All-Father-Sharingan-Odin wanted him to come) riding a freaking basilik. And this is his first meeting with Thor, you know what they say about first impressions?

So nothing got achieved? Come on.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  9. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Agreed. Harry just made the best entrance he could for getting in Thor's good graces. It'll be interesting to see how he cures Loki without Mandrake Root though.

10. gullibleoats

gullibleoats Seventh Year

I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually think this story has gotten much much better. This Hogwarts plot line was incredible, scary, thrilling, and magical.

Roarian, this chapter was great.

Peeves having been fed by chaos into some twisted creature was exciting. It's so great because it illustrates how completely broken Harry Potter magic is. A simple poltergeist, without control, can get completely out of hand. Just look at how Loki treated Harry's simple spells like Reparo -- from a god's point of view, Harry has unbelievably potent sorcery. It's also magnified by his tools, the Deathly Hallows. Potterverse magic has pretty much zero rules and zero sense. It's not contained by normal rules, which is why Harry's so dangerous. Now, Loki, a player with major power, knows just how broken his magic is.

This is exciting shit, and that foreshadowing about the boy and the stream. Man, I cannot wait for the next chapter. And Harry gets to see Sif again.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  11. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

My God, this story did the impossible: it made Peeves a legitimate, scary bad guy. I never thought it could be done, but this story did it. I think we should give it an award just for that.

12. Russano

Russano Disappeared

I thought the Hogwarts bit was pretty fucking cool, although I do prefer the more Avengery dynamic.

Remember when Roarian was pumping out a chapter for a story like every single week? Those were the days =(.

13. CosmosGravitation

CosmosGravitation Professor

Why wouldn't he be able to get mandrake root? It's a real plant.

14. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Do mandrake roots often scream at you when you lift them out of the ground?

15. CosmosGravitation

CosmosGravitation Professor

Maybe they do if you are magical. Snakes might talk to you too.

16. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

This is freaking Asgard. Even if Magical Mandrakes don't exist, I'm sure someone could figure something out to unpetrify him.

Also, after a reread, I concluded that the only way Harry could have made a more epic entrance is if he was accompanied by an orchastra and choir playing Dracarys.

17. A.K.$J6-J5

A.K.$J6-J5 Seventh Year

Maybe a golden apple?
    Did Thor have a crush on Sif pre-Thor? as he seems quite jealous

18. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, according to actual lore(not Comic):
    With a bit of research, it also appears that they were lovers to some degree(and had a child at some point in the past of at least the Guardians of the Galaxy storyline), during elements of the Marvel universe as well.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  19. A.K.$J6-J5

A.K.$J6-J5 Seventh Year

Loki cut off her golden hair and when her hair grew back it was black right?

20. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

But this is movieverse, and if I remember right from the first movie, Sif had a crush on Thor, but never got the chance to tell him because of the whole banishment thing. By the time she sees him again he's hooked on the scientist so she moves on.