1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer Online; The Age of Reckoning

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Dark-Stallion, Sep 12, 2008.

1. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

Only the minimum specs are posted unfortunately...seems a bit strange not to have the recommended on the site but w/e. It's actually a pretty fun game once you get past all the installation pains (at least for the current Australian retail version, collectors is fine I think)

I love my Black Ork. The fatty doesn't go down easily.

2. Twisted

Twisted Guest

I have a DE sorceress. Enjoying the game so far - Public Quests and the tome of knowledge are amazing.
    Level 5 :p
    Any EU DLPers? I'm Wild's Edge Mountains (I think, I need to check the exact server name).

3. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Okay so I am GM of a guild on Grimmnir called Stone Nation so if anybody here is on that server and is Order then your welcome to join.

My character's name is Naki and he's a lvl 12 Which Hunter.

4. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

How does the game feel? I was hopeful Age of Conan would trump WOW, but it hasn't. Does War have the chance? How's the PvP? I'm interested, but I quit WOW 2 years ago for a reason (PvE gets boring after 6~ months, pvp is horrible).

5. kraytkiller

kraytkiller Second Year

Well I too played AoC and WoW and tried out the WAR Closed and Open beta in the hopes i'd find a new mmo to commit to long-time but sadly I was just disappointed. The game feels...like it should, tbh, really dark and evil and all that, atleast where I was the whole time (Chaos zone) but the thing that really but me off was the, imo, crappy PvP. The PvP isn't like AoC or even WoW where of someone jumps you you have to have the skill and reflexes to instantly retaliate, instead its slow and delayed and you can never get the jump on/surprise anybody. Also 1v1 fights are a pain and not exciting at all.

EDIT: also, 'Why is it slow?' you might ask? Well if you don't already know after every attack your moves get a 1-2 second global cooldown.

6. Dark-Stallion

Dark-Stallion Professor

At the moment I'm being handed by witch elves with their stealth sneaking up behind me and using their bloodlust; I haven't even got the time to use a spell.

The main aspect of WAR is working in a team, having the tanks defend the front, the Witch Hunters taking out the Witch Elves and the Healers/DPS-ers doing their job.

I did another Keep siege the other day, and it was fantastic. More then 200 Destruction were defending it, with about 100 of us Order attacking. We had five or six Dwarf Engineers lobbing knock-back grenades on to the towers and knocking the defenders off, allowing us to whittle them down before the final push to take the keep.

I played a bit of WoW, and was bored almost instantly after reaching lvl 30, where the whole game became repetative; their attempt at RvR is just pants. AoC was a massive flop, so you can't even compare it to WAR.

I do agree, however, that the dynamic combat experience you get from DAoC (Dark Age of Camelot) is missing; in WAR it's much more quick paced, and having such an in depth combat system would take away from the fun you get from watching Witch Elves appearing from mid air only to be laid into by twelve Arch Mages.

This is everything that WoW isn't, but the PvE isn't yet as good; though there is the potential there to be better.

7. Cruentus

Which is what everbody is saying, and I agree. Last PVP I played was the Gates of Ekrund. I'm a Witch Hunter, which means that I duel pistol and sword, and I found myself drafted with a bunch of engineers as artillery against a horde of Goblin Archers and Squig Herders, they like to hang back and summon Squig's to do the dirty work the cowards, and the odd orc that tired to get up to us and scatter us.

8. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Huh well this is a promising description of combat. Really, it's what I anticipated when I started WOW.

I might give it a try, though I'm broke right now (just spent $300 bux the other day sadface)... I'll probably wait until I can just download WAR and pay the subscription fee (I'd rather not go pay fifty bux for the box).

9. Cruentus

On the other hand there have been games where the other side just grouped up and moved from one flag to another zerging us....that was really boring

10. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

Does anyone know when or even if it's going to be released as a DL ? I think it took Blizzard over a year and the first months were the best I had in WoW.

Also to those who are playing it already. Whats your expirience with the minimum requirements. I heard that as long as you've got enough RAM it should run smoothly enough. My only problem would be the graphic card, otherwise I've got the minimums.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.co...pl?PHPSESSID=630585faba8f5d23ed7d1eb5e07ad3bd

11. Cruentus

I have DSL but its not very good for what I'm using it for. Generally the game is lag free for me, but on occasions it starts acting up I turn the graphics setting from highest quality to fastest frame rate and it goes back down.

12. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Cruentus I meant to say something earlier, I moved my Chaos mage to a different server and made a Bright Wizard on Grimnir, can I get an invite to your guild sometime? The name is Castiel.

13. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Like I already said; minimum requirements are not enough if you want to experience PvP on a larger scale. I tested it with the min. requirements for processor and graphic card and 2GB RAM and it was almost unplayable. Not enough to really enjoy it.

14. Cruentus

Ya sure I'll be on later tonight I have 25 members now and this is the first guild I have ever been GM of Holy shit o_O

What time you on tonight?

15. Krogan

High Score:
    Ill be on about nine is that ok?

16. Cruentus

Sounds good I'll probably be on a little earlier or a little later. All depends if I find any fanfic updates.

What lvl are you?

17. Krogan

High Score:
    Only 9 right now I've been busy

18. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Ironclaw server.

Witchelf.

Level 11 going on 12, picked it up yesterday.

Bow Chika Wow Wow.

My mate Sam has the minimum requirements, he has a bit of trouble when loading new areas and in some RVR.

19. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

People still playing?

Black Guard and Knight of the blazing Sun this month!

20. Zield

Zield Fourth Year

Anyone still playing or have an interest in the 2 new careers that should be releasing soon? Mark Jacobs said the patch containing them should go live as early as tomorrow as along as nothing catastrophic happens in the test server.

I for one quit after 2-3 weeks because I wanted to go order tank but didn't like the sword master or iron breaker, but I'll get at least a month to try out the knight of the blazing sun.

So the purpose of this post:

Who still plays or will be resubbing and if order what server are you on so I can join you?