1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt Evolution | Day 3

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fiat, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

This post is turning out very different from what I had in mind last night.

After sending all my night actions I realized that the plan I was working on would reveal my role and all of you will go ahead and lynch me to prevent the Warlock from stealing my soul, so I had to drop that plan.

Last night, I used the mayor's power on Ashaya and she turned out to be innocent. It could be that it was the work of the illusionist, but I am still somewhat convinced of her innocence now.

About how I know who the priest is, I can not really say anymore, you all are welcome to speculate all you need.

Since you haven't given me much (read: anything) to work with all I can say is be wary, it could have been the warlock.

Try and stay alive, you and the priest are the only people who I know are pro-town here.

Since my plan rested on Ashaya being scum it is now thrown out the window so I am open to any and all suggestions from the town.

2. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I would like to see our Mayor speak on Kai's death and why he didn't give any guards to him.

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not to be blunt about this, but Sesc could have been scum just as easily as he could have been Dancer. There is literally no way to know whether the Thrall is doing the dancing or not without a roleclaim. Still, we know now that if the Dancer stops dancing (meaning dies) then we've possibly eliminated the Thrall.

I'm kinda shocked the Martyr didn't sacrifice himself for Kai during the night, but then again the Judge's usefulness drops immediately after Day 1, so I can see the reasoning behind not using his ability (and Kai would likely have died the night after anyway). Still, we've lost a valuable role and a good player all in one so I count this as a major loss for the town. Killing the Enchantress will be even more difficult after this. I hope that's the reason Castiel didn't use his Mayor power tonight (unless he checked someone, which is possible).

As well as that, if Kai was killed by the Necromancer's special kill it means we have to be very wary of allowing the conditions for a Judge Lynch to come about. That basically means we have to bandwagon every day, which is a bit of pressure I think we could all have done without.

Finally, Taure's post in defence of himself is fairly scummy to me. It may be that going on the offence in attacking my reasoning reads as scum in all cases (which may be clouding my judgement, I'll admit), but this simply reeks of trying to deflect attention away from himself. At the risk of metagaming, Taure doesn't play scum well. When I was on the same team as him in one of the earlier games he ended up killing himself as part of a hideously risky plan that ended up failing spectacularly. His posts in this game have the same feel, though with a more aggressive tint to them. I think he's trying the same thing I do when I play scum; varying his play style so that links are harder to make between games.

I'll withhold my vote for now, but Taure is the top of myscum list at the moment.

4. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

As Aekiel points out

Even if I would have saved him today, witches would kill him tomorrow.

And I doubt Kai would have made any kills tonight. We will probably end up lynching someone. Even if we don't I doubt you would wanna see Kai kill someone on intuition alone?

It would have just been a waste of guards+night (I can only use one mayor power each night) and it instead helped me find out another pro-town member of the game.

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

...Uhm.

Wait what.

Dude, you are aware that you can only use Mayor Powers once per game, right?

6. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Okay. First of! Kai's death.

I'm surprised, for obvious reasons. He's a good scum hunter though, so not to surprised. Lets look at the facts, he died alone today, so obviously he is NOT a lover. Of the Warlock/Thrall or otherwise. Also, we could assume with some certainty that he is the judge (cuz why would he lie :O?)

So we know he was town+Judge, cool. Well, Judge isn't really that useful of a role so I suppose we lucked out there a bit, HOWEVER, that means that if we go to a no-lynch, obviously there is no judge to lynch the best person.
    Though.... If the Witches used the one that steals roles, they could potentially have the Judge role...? This is probably less likely, but still completely possible. What do ya'll think? I don't think no-lynches are in our favor either way, so maybe its an unfound fear.

Also, I just refreshed the page... Castiel >_> Why man why. So basically you're telling me that you used the only mayor power on a check (Arguably the weakest of the powers?) on arguably the closest thing to a pro-town person we had? I mean I didn't want her as mayor, but I could totally see her as pro-town considering all she went through. Its fine doubting her, but why did you waste the only mayor power you had?

Now you're like a townie right? (or mafia... i guess. Now that I think about it this is the same tactic Jon used last game)
    But no I believe you are town.
    And since I believe this, I guess I have to believe you checked her. Now she is confirmed town, because even if the switcher guy switched someone with her, Mayor checks are 1st priority! So I suppose Ashaya is confirmed pro town.

The thing is though, why waste your only power as mayor? Y U DO THIS? I regret voting you Castiel :l

---------- Post automerged at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

FUUU Castiel did you seriously think you had one a night? Did you even read the job description?

Can i change my mayor vote to Jon now...

7. Aekiel

High Score:
    Ah crap. God damn it, Castiel.

---------- Post automerged at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Okay, I have a plan, but give me half an hour to look at it with fresh eyes so that I don't miss any obvious holes in it.

8. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Unless its a sensitive plan, you could post it now so people could poke holes in it for you.
    I dunno if i'll be awake in half an hour is why :l

9. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I do, just ignore the part where I said otherwise. Guess I got confused myself.

Relax people.

Here is how I looked at it:

I was worried that the witches might come for me next so I had to use the power ASAP.

Three choices.

Hitman: I had no confirmed witch.

Guards: I knew only one pro-town guy that is the priest but I know she is safe. Why I did not chose Kai I answered above.

Left is Lawyers: I used it on Ash because she seemed to be the most likely to be scum to me.

10. Aekiel

High Score:
    Oh God, Castiel. Just stop talking. Please, for the love of all that is good in the world. STOP!

11. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

If there is still something you think I should have done differently... Lay it on me?

---------- Post automerged at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

What did I do now?

12. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

She? dude please tell me you didn't just give away the Priest.. There are only so many She's on this site.

Why would.... Just.. ugh
    :l On Ashaya? :(

---------- Post automerged at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

I REGRET VOTING FOR YOU.

Anti-Castiel Campaign. You totally let your population down, man.

13. Aekiel

High Score:
    What he said. I can't comprehend the sheer level of fail you've dropped on us if you're telling the truth, Castiel. I really, really, really hope you're pulling a trick here. Seriously.

---------- Post automerged at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Okay, here's the plan as copied from my qt.

Since Castiel's derp this plan loses a bit of its value, so if you can spot any holes in it given this new information feel free to point them out.

14. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Shit.

/Iamgonnastoptalkingnow.

Bye.

15. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Am I getting this right? Were all of the Mayor candidates Town?

All that time we spent on the Mayor vote, was anything of value gleamed from it? Every read I was getting was based on at least one of them being scum.

16. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Fuck you :mad:

17. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Castiel, what do you mean when you say the Priest is safe?

18. Aekiel

High Score:
    Sesc could still have been scum, don't forget that. It's a 50/50 chance in my mind that the Dancer last night was the Thrall.

19. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

That the witches don't know the identity of the priest. So no need for the priest to have guards.

20. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Also, I think I pretty much wrote Sesc of as town, but I suppose he could have been scum... The detective would know for sure right?