1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt Evolution | Day 3

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fiat, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Personally I find Ashaya suspicious. I think it's because as soon as she didn't get mayor she started to act less silly and more intelligent. I don't know why but that just makes me edgy. It seems like she's trying to influence people.

That said I also find Sneakthief slightly off. I'm not sure but he seems... reserved.

What makes you suspicious of me Jas?

2. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

Mostly because you are here and post without much content. That could be said about me as well I am sure. But I think most scum have learnt to avoid lurking so posting consistently without contributing much might be the new pattern.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

To be honest.

I kind of dislike how things progress after a mafia game. WH1? People actually listened to what I said. Now? Not so much. :|

4. 1and1is3

1and1is3 First Year

Yesh? I hear lurkers being called?

I find Aekiel suspicious. :|

5. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Lol, Jon.

I'm not all that suspicious of Ashaya, tbh, partly because I don't really find her particularly scummy and partly because I think that Castiel is telling the truth, at least about the check.

Jon, any particular reason why you said to lynch Ollie?

6. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jon thinks I'll survive a lynch, last time someone pushed this hard for my lynching, I ended up being the only useless person around (just saying).

Jon also thinks a post of mine was too flippant, so I deserve to die, because he's never flippant... EVER.

I think we want to look closer at jwlk, he's sort of funny, a lot like Eternity.

7. Jon

A few things Moridin;

1. Due to some personal observations about Ollie it's fairly easy to deduce by his way of posting that he currently has a role with some heft behind it, and due to his, as he said 'flippant' way of posting he seems to have the ability to survive a lynch.

2. This post in particular;

To me this suggests that he views the town seperate from himself. In other words, he is a scum role. The only two roles that can survive a lynch during the day are warlock and enchantress.

Hence; he is either Warlock or Enchantress.

Oh, and he's very quick to point the finger at other people I've already fingered as potential scum. For most people I imagine they'd be satisfied that someone's agreed with them. However, it just makes me more suspicious.. especially when his reasoning is 'he's sort of funny'.

Suffice it to say.

Vote for Ollie, he will survive the lynch and we'll know if my deduction is correct or not.

Either way, I'm sorry to say Ollie, we won't be losing much. As you said in the warlock qt from last attempt at wh2. You aren't a deep thinker in these situations.

8. draconian139

draconian139 DA Member

@Eternity The only way Ashaya is scum is if we have a lying scum mayor, with those two having the most votes for mayor I consider both being scum to be pretty unlikely.

That said it is possible as I do in fact think we have a lying scum mayor. First he says he'll use a protect on kai but doesn't. Then the whole acolyte issue. Finally, he either threw away his only power or is lying about it, personally I consider the 2nd more likely. I also don't like how Jon seems so quick to jump to his defence, he's done it twice now. Pretty sure they share a QT of some sort, suppose they could be lovers instead though.

9. Jon

Please link me to me defending him. I'd love to know if someone has been using my account without me knowing. :facepalm

For you see, all I can remember is recommending voting for him, and then pointing out the mayor powers limitations. So either you're scum and you're trying to paint me with your dirty colours, or you' just that mentally deficient. (Read: Retarded)

10. draconian139

draconian139 DA Member

I suppose the first time could just be you defending yourself, Sesc was attacking Cast's voting block. You did call him protown and I see no reason for someone to have that read on him unless they have some info the rest of us don't.

Second time was defending him through attacking me without any grounds as soon as I said I thought he might be scummy.

Neither is blatant but I don't think you would be completely obvious about defending someone you're connected with.

---------- Post automerged at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

woops, forgot
    Vote:Castiel

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    A textbook scum reply. Deny, make the accuser look silly, be flippant, and redirect.

You could be town mate, but we need a lynch, and I see no better trget than you at the moment. You are at the top three of my scum list.

---------- Post automerged at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Deadline Vote: Commander Bond
    I'm up to changing my vote, if the crowd steers to someone else, but for now, this will do.

12. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

1. Castiel's not an idiot. (In fact I don't think anyone playing this game is)

2. He knows who the Priest is.

3. Sensible conclusion of mayor power - Give Extra Life to the Priest

What did Castiel do? He checked Ashaya.

What could Castiel be doing?

1. Lying about knowing the Priest - Scum

2. Lying about checking Ashaya - Probably Scum (why wouldn't he want us to know what he did?)

3. Knew Priest and checked Ashaya - Scum (or Stupid)

4. Lying about both - Scum

So what shall we do?

Lynch Vote: Castiel

13. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Suspects:

Commander Bond
    Taure
    Vote Lynch: Commander Bond
    Let's get this over with.

14. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I see how it's going, scum finds an easy target in me and strikes.

Lynch Vote: Castiel

15. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Ok, I know I'm defending Castiel here, but that ws just stupid Eternity.

What? How is that the right thing to do if he knows that the Priest is under the radar? He should be more concerned with figuring out who is scum, or protecting Kaidash. He chose to do the former.

Why does that make him stupid or scum? He had a suspect, and he checked her. The fact that some of us believed she was innocent meant jackshit on Day 1, since we could be scum ourselves.
    Castiel hasn't been a terribly bad Mayor so far, and the fact that you think he was doesn't make him scum.

I think you're trying to start a bandwaggon, hoping others will catch on. Now why would you do that?

16. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Frankly, just because the priest is under the radar now doesn't mean that'll always be the case (indeed, we would eventually - further down the line, obviously - like the priest to reveal and tell us who has been checked and the results obtained), and in a case where the priest does come under fire, the extra life could be invaluable. It's not like it expires or anything.

That said, while I am on the fence about Castiel's allegiance, I don't necessarily think this is a scumtell - just a different strategy, imo, albeit one I don't find particularly long-term feasible.

17. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

I also do not see the reason for not granting the priest an extra life when he could have done so.

But that is neither here or there. He gained our votes (and I voted for him) so he ultimately decides to how best to use those powers and what to reveal with those powers as well. If he is being truthful then we have one pro-town player confirmed and if not, maybe a possible decoy for scum/warlock?

However, what we do not have is an appropriate lynch target. At the moment it seems to be split between the Castiel group and the Commander Bond group. Between these two I am more likely to vote for Commander Bond for mainly the reasons already listed in thread but will reserve my vote until the morning.

18. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Vote Player: Commander Bond.

Seemed suspicious enough, so did jwlk. Surprisingly, I'm not getting a good read on anyone in this game o_O.

Lurkers: post MOAR!

19. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    With regards to Sesc, I'm fairly convinced that he was scum. Dance or no dance, he didn't protect Kai. That definitely says scum to me.

Aekiel is trying very hard right now and it's quite suspicious. As for his argument, meh. I've played scum in every game up until this one and I used a pretty different playstyle in each. In DEII, where I was scum with Aekiel, I went with a crazily complicated plan. In SWII I went the complete opposite and attacked any suggestion that we make any plans at all. So Aekiel's so-called knowledge of my playstyle is pretty bogus. I don't even know what my playstyle is. In this game, so far, pretty flippant. Like so:

Aekiel sucks balls.

I was very tempted to reply with just that, lol. And really, most "I'm not scum" arguments boil down to elaborate ways of saying that, anyway.

So that's all I'll say on that matter.

All that aside, Castiel seems to be inept or scum. Either way, when you combine that with my previous misgivings...

Lynch: Castiel

20. guljons

guljons Squib

So interesting start of the day.
    Castiel just showed us why he isn't God. He makes mistakes, if it was a mistake with the "she" slip. I'm not inclined to lynch him for this reason and for assumption that he is lying about his actions. At least no yet.

CommanderBond is different, I don't get a good feeling reading his posts at all.
    I will go with the flow on this one.
    Lynch: Commander Bond