1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt Evolution | Day 3

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fiat, Nov 24, 2011.

1. tad2103

tad2103 First Year

Sorry about the misspelling.

That is not sound logic. There is at most, what, three warlocks at any given time (assuming worst case lover w/ warlock faction)? Most likely there is two. There just isn't any voting power there, unless they have been soulstealing and have zombies.

Simple risk assessment; it would be more dangerous for the thrall to vote with the warlock. If anything, the thrall would have voted to lynch the warlock to blend in. Or change their vote at the end to blend in.

2. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Or you were planning on doing this once it became clear Ollie was going to be lynched but the lynch happened before you had the chance.

Unless one of us was paying attention we don't know, and can't take your word on, when you had opportunities to change your vote beyond your last post before the lynch.

3. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Sorry, but I can't remember why this would be the case. How would witches know she isn't the priest?

Putting a deadline vote in for tad, as he seems to be the best candidate for thrall.

Deadline Vote: tad2103

4. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

I still think we should desperado lynch Ollie. Regardless who he targets, that just gives him and his thrall a better chance of surviving until end game. Why so much focus on Thrall? Just Desperado lynch Ollie and we are done with that. Unless we think the Desperado has died already?

5. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Because Ollie can soul steal... And if he does then we can't kill him.

Also, I guess i'll put my vote in for Tad

Lynch Vote: Tad

6. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Eh, I guess I'll join the bigger bandwagon.

Rescind Vote
    Lynch Vote: Tad2103

7. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

What the hell are you doing?

Why are you so scared of the Thrall? We should be worried about the Warlock.

I reiterate: Wait until the 28 hours for a soul steal are up or he fails one and then Desperado Lynch him.

We shouldn't lynch Tad until we know whether this would work.

8. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

....We're lynching the thrall.

We're not scared of the thrall, we're scared of what the thrall living means for us.
    The Warlocke is the main goal.

What makes you think we can't do that without getting a few votes on the thrall? Besides he has a soul steal for today.

9. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Really? I was never sure whether or not it was a legit soul steal. Maybe Ollie will feel the same way.

10. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

What do you mean? I just meant that if he wants a for sure soul steal, there are a few people who claimed their roles.

11. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

This post is only to mention the mystery of jwlk's usertitle. How is it that he has only 4 more posts than jas, yet jas is a 2nd year while jwlk is a 5th year? SO CONFUSED.

12. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Heh. Think it has something to do with me playing a lot of mafia before hand... And it used to count towards post count.

Now it doesn't, so they took away posts, but maybe my title stayed? No idea.

13. Moridin

I guess they were just very long posts. <_<

Also, yeah, I think we need to get the Thrall asap. If Ollie doesn't soulsteal or messes it up, then it's different, but until then the thrall is a useful lynch so we can gank Ollie as soon as he slips up.

14. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

That doesn't make sense either, because then Vira would be higher than a 2nd year...she lost all of her posts too, yet her usertitle reverted.

Anyway, enough with me being off topic....but WTF. I am so confused.

15. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I had rather not spell it out for you, because if you haven't realized why, it is possible that they haven't either. (Though I really doubt that.)

Just try and read the thread again, you will know why.

16. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

I still do not know why we even have to bother dealing with the Thrall at this stage. It is pretty simple:

1) SS attempt succeeds - cannot lynch Ollie regardless.

2) SS fails - we desperado lynch him and move on.

Neither outcome really requires a Thrall lynch. Now I know it would be more beneficial to us to lynch the Thrall but I do not believe lynching the Thrall is of any higher priority to lynching the witches. With all our focus on the Thrall, the witches could easily slip under our radar. This is probably the reason the witches did not use the enchantress SK to eliminate the Warlock since it is more important for us as town to be rid of him than for them to dispose of him wasting a NK they could use to whittle down our town numbers.

---------- Post automerged at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 23:15 ----------

Also, will either Mod be on/able to tell us when the allotted SS time is passed?

Since so much discussion about the Thrall is based upon whether an SS attempt is made and is successful it would be handy to know whether or not Ollie simply declines to attempt an SS.

17. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Ok, ok fine. In Ashaya I trust again.
    rescind vote
    Vote Lynch: tad2103

Wait the 20something hours if you must, but the Warlock must die today.

18. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

Which is why I do not want to have a lynch happen prematurely otherwise the Desperado loses his ability to override the lynch and kill the Warlock. However, since the Warlock has 28 hours to make his SS attempt, we do not want to risk the Desperado wasting his ability and life in a futile attempt to kill the Warlock is a successful SS happens.

19. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I thought the Warlock already attempted to Soulsteal Jon, or was it considered yesterday?

Can a mod clarify?

20. Moridin

It was edited into yesterday's night declaration, so I'm pretty sure it's considered yesterday.