1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt Evolution | Day 3

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fiat, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Vote for me. :|

2. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

Well this is going absolutely nowhere for the moment. And we still have to decide on the lynch target or no target at all within this day so to move things along...

Vote Mayor: Castiel

As aside from KAI, he is the frontrunner. If Sesc and KAI want to have a judge-off then we can enjoy the show.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I want to vote for Sesc as Mayor, but should I? With how things have turned out? Maybe it will help, because Mayor gets protection, right?

Vote Mayor: Sesc

I do not trust Kai. I do not. I want as far out of his plans as can be. And he's acting mighty suspicious already. I say we lynch him day 1.

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think Kai's plan is a good one (as his plans usually are), but he is notoriously difficult to read and as such he should be viewed with an extra heaping of suspicion if he is elected as Mayor.

Rescind Vote

Mayor Vote: KaiDASH

5. Jon

Aekiel is also scum if Kai gets judge lynched. D8

6. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Now I don't trust Sesc and KaiDASH at all. Sesc should have fucking waited and judge lynched Kai.

I voted for KaiDASH on the fact that he may be the judge or the lover with judge.

Now I don't want him to be the mayor and I only trust myself.

Rescind Vote
    Vote Mayor:Klackerz

7. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I'm telling you guys, vote for me. I'm actually innocent, and I think I'm a good choice. Everyone else is shady as fuck.

8. Aekiel

High Score:
    You know, it's strange. I've been scum plenty of times now, but I've never been on the same team as KaiDASH. I still view him as suspicious, but his plan seems to be a good one.

If he's not the Judge, he gets judge lynched. If he is the Judge (and not a Lover), we give a powerful ability to a good player with a powerful role, though he is pretty much guaranteed to be night killed straight away (unless the judge lynch is on an innocent, and he chooses to protect the Mayor). If he's the Judge and a Lover and a part of the Warlock Faction we've given a powerful ability to the scum, and the Enchantress is pretty much guaranteed to live to Day 4 (then again, if we can find the Enchantress due to this, confirming the role in the process, then we can work out who is affiliated with her and thus have a better chance of lynching Witches).

So while there is an element of risk involved in electing Kai as Mayor, I think it's worth the potential rewards that I've already laid out.

That said, my opinion on Kai's plan has no bearing on my role in the game. To take a note out of your book, Jon.

I AM A PRO-TOWN ROLE.

9. Jon

You do realize that if at the end of this you turn out to be scum I'll never trust you again, right?

10. Aekiel

High Score:
    Yes, but that doesn't bother me because I am, in actual fact, a pro-town role this time.

11. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Bullshit.

Everyone is looked at with suspicion. That is a pretty lame excuse.

Unless you can give a better reason for voting Kai, given the circumstances, no you're not.

12. Aekiel

High Score:
    I just explained my reasoning. Go read it.

---------- Post automerged at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Besides which, it seems as though everyone has already decided that Kai is scum. Have you considered the possibility that he may not be? I mean, while I agree that Kai is a dangerous player to have as scum, simply lynching him the first day on metagaming purposes (which is what you are essentially condoning) is just unfair to him.

So yes, Kai may be scum, but as it is his plan is a good one that only plays into scum hands if he was chosen as one of the Lovers and his other half is part of the Warlock faction. As it is, if he's not the Judge he's going to be killed on day one anyway, and if it gets to the point where we decide to lynch Kai, we kill both lovers at once. On top of that, there's always the threat of the Rogue Warlock soul stealing him (in which case we learn the identity of the Warlock, which is still a good thing).

Therefore, I think it's more likely that Kai is a genuine pro-town role this time and as such I'm willing to place a measure of trust in him and let him become Mayor.

Plus, I Red Truthed.

13. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

(preface: I HAVE HAD SOME ALCOHOL TO DRINK SO EXCUSE ANY DERP - and yes, I am back earlier than expected)

Sesc claimed Judge.

This is just so amazingly good for town I can't even believe how good this is. My emphasis on 'town should not counterclaim the judgeclaim' was specifically to bait a scum into counterclaiming.

Side note: Unless either me or Sesc are stupid town (stupid town defined as: town who is not the judge claiming as the judge) then one of us are the Judge, and the other is scum. But, as both myself and Sesc are not what I would describe as 'stupid', then the only logical explanation is that one of us is indeed scum and the other is the Judge (Logical forward: This means that the Angel vote tonight will be decided by one scum only).

Anyway at this point Sesc will be judgelynched at the end of the day, and I strongly believe that both Castiel and tad2103 are his scumbuddies. A few other players also fit into the 'doubtcast kai and vote for each other' bloc, but not all of them can be witches.

But you don't need just my word on this - My being judge will be proven at the end of today when Sesc is judgelynched.

Anyway, look at the possible worlds and you will see that Sesc's claim is 100% ridiculous

World 1: I am Judge, Sesc is coven witch.

In this world, Sesc counterclaims me and uses his scumbuddies to doubtcast as a potential scum/warlocklover/whatevers and then I get majority lynched - A Majority lynching completely invalidates the best part of my plan, which was that someone fake-claiming judge would get killed in secret by the judge. Think about it - How does Sesc counterclaiming me as the judge make any kind of sense??
    -

World 2: I am Fake-judge, Sesc is real Judge.

In this world, Sesc counterclaims me and achieves what? All it does is bring back the Mayor vote into the general population (since both myself and Sesc are unlikely to get Mayor at this point) which allows it to fall into scum hands once more. If I was scum and Sesc was the judge, the BEST thing to do would be to say nothing, and then judgelynch me at the end of the day, which would render me unable to use the mayor powers and Sesc would remain hidden. So again, how does Sesc counterclaiming me make any kind of sense?
    -

I can't even lead town falsely into a bad lynch if I am scum because my entire plan hinges on a 'no lynch->judge lynch' vote for day 1, so my 'lie' would be completely undone before I do any damage.

BTW I am just ignoring the possibility of 'kaidash is the rogue warlock' because really. Does anyone actually think that this is a thing I would do as the rogue warlock? Especially since the Rogue Warlock does NOT benefit from the mayor +life. (note: If you have some ridiculous strawman of me where I am always scum or whatever, then maybe you shouldn't answer).

As for warlock lover, well, I'm not a lover. Maybe it'd be nice if one of the real lovers (ONLY one of you) come out and say 'i am a lover and kaidash is not a lover', just so you can have a guarantee that I am not part of the warlock faction. Of course, if the Lovers are actually part of the warlock faction, I could see them not wanting to do this, but then this would tip off everyone else that maybe the lovers aren't all as they seem? Since the only reason you'd want to do this is if you're scum.

In conclusion I'm still the best person to vote mayor, and I think that the only real option for today is to give mayor to either myself or sesc (guess which one I would prefer), followed by a 'no lynch' vote (so the one of us who IS NOT the judge will get lynched by the other).

14. Aekiel

High Score:
    And I think Kai's just confirmed himself as pro-town to me. I say we vote him in as Mayor. If he is elected as Mayor, the Martyr should be prepared to sacrifice himself to protect Kai on the first night, since Sesc's almost confirmed scum role (in Kai's mind, and since he's likely the Judge, in my mind too) will stop Kai from receiving Angel protection.

15. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Sesc, what's your reasoning behind counter claiming Kai?

16. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

And we'd be down one mayor. How is this a good idea, again? This way, there's at least the chance (worst case odds: 15/21, that's almost 3/4) we get a mayor that is a town player. All you offer is a witch-mayor or a dead mayor. Neither is acceptable to me.

And speaking of which,

And expose another person. Great idea. Not. Edit: Somehow, your plans always end up with people telling you their roles. Why is this?

Also, in other news, I think Aekiel's posts speak for themselves.

17. KaiDASH

Actually, my plan offers a living town mayor or a dead witch mayor going into night 1... but I can see why you'd want to frame it the way you did, since you'd rather we not go with the plan at all and instead give mayor to one of your scumbuddies + lynch me (but we can't all have what we want).

As for lovers, I don't think that one of them claiming as lovers with 'not kaidash' day 1 is that bad, seeing as coven already knows them, so this basically gives warlock half a soulsteal and town a confirmed townie (or at least a confirmed non-coven). And it confirms me as 100% town (i like being confirmed 100% town) after I judgelynch you, which is nice.

But there are downsides to it so I can definitely see lovers choosing to not claim in this scenario.

You haven't told me your role Sesc, since I'm the Judge. Plus, my plan said about 500 times that nobody else should roleclaim Judge after the initial roleclaim, since a liar is dead at the end of the day anyway.

18. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Aekiel just busted my scum radar. He and Kai are definitely in the same group, whether town or scum.
    I think they're scum, personally, but I hesitate to vote for a lynch.

---------- Post automerged at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Edit by doublepost:
    And if they're not sharing group QT, then Aekiel is just acting stupidly, being this direct.

19. tad2103

tad2103 First Year

I'm trying to follow your logic here. So because I voted for Sesc and expressed my opinion that a dominating player, like you or Jon shouldn't be mayor (which you can't deny that you fit the description because you are bogarting the mayor discussion), therefore I am scum?

And where does the connection to Castiel come in, other than both of us independently don't support your run for mayor? I even voted before you gave us any details of your plan, 13 hours ago.

Why did I vote for Sesc? No one else really stepped up to the plate other than Necrule and I didn't like his chances.

This sounds familiar. Jon did the same thing to Dhulli last time around. I'll let your make the rest of the connection on your own.

20. KaiDASH

The correct lynch vote for today, no matter what is

No Lynch

Because the real Judge out of me and Sesc will kill the fake one, and things will become much clearer (for everybody who isn't myself, Sesc or Sesc's scumbuddies at least).

@tad2103

Basically you supported Sesc's initial Mayor run with no real explanation (your post with the vote was literally just 'mayor elect: sesc'), while Necrule (who has similar xp/profile to Sesc) was ignored. As for Castiel, he supported Sesc instantly with a very weak argument. O course, all of this only makes sense with the underlying assumption that Sesc is scum.

Anyway, the townieness (or at least the non-covenness) of certain players will be shown at the end of the day.