1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt Evolution | Day 3

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fiat, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

.....So what you're saying is.. you've both on the warlock side, and your side has the Judge?

2. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

To be perfectly honest I'm still reluctant Kai. You were awfully quick to role claim when dissent to your plan started to boil up. The decision to come out seemed a bit rushed, and it also seems like you're really pushing for this to go through even before the role claim.

What was all the smoke and mirrors in the beginning for? Attention?

Anything to say about all that?

This is why I suggested Dancer. Granted, it would "out" another town role. But it wouldn't be Kai. That might be preferable.

That or we can just vote for a completely different mayor, and let this judge debacle resolve itself.

3. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I really think this may be the case.

Anyway, I really think we should atleast follow the no-lynch vote since that ought to kill one witch.

If you want a townie as the Mayor,then fucking vote for me.

4. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Argh, so much confusion! At least I know not to vote for Sesc. And what is up with Republic21's posts? Can it be any more obvious that he's in cahoots with Sesc?

Kai, I'm still slightly suspicious of. I'd like to hear the answer to Sneakthief's question as well.

5. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What really annoys me is that Kai has pretty much forced the plan upon us by prematurely judge-claiming. Assuming for the moment that he's telling the truth about his claim, that means that we either have to go along with his plan to make him mayor or allow our judge to die on night one.

And a quick show of hands, people: who here was at all surprised when it turned out that Kai's plan revolved around making him the mayor? I don't think I could have been any less surprised than when I saw Kai claim as the judge just a few posts after he said we should give a load of power to whoever the judge is.

Gah. Writing it all out pisses me off even more. It's almost enough to make me remove my vote for Kai, but I'll leave it for now. I don't want to lose our judge.

THOUGH, on second thoughts:

Kai's plan works equally well regardless of whether we give the mayor position to Kai or Sesc. As Kai has said many times, the idea of the plan is that it works to the benefit of the town regardless of if the actual judge gets the mayor position or not.

GIVEN THIS, and given that Kai is a bit suspicious for the above reasons, I think we should use Kai's plan, but not as Kai wanted us to use it, by giving the position of mayor to Sesc.

Rescind vote.

Mayor vote: Sesc.

(Of course, the worst case scenario here is that Sesc and Kai are both scum...)

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If that's your take on it then it's me being stupid. If I were playing scum I wouldn't be this forward in following someone else's plan, but I am because think it's a good one.

Maybe it's because I don't view the Mayor as being particularly powerful, so I'm willing to take risk in voting for some of the more well known players despite the chance of them being scum.

Secondly, KaiDASH simply feels innocent to me, which goes against my normal antipathy towards him in these games. Seriously, check the Winterfell qt from HoT2; I focused on Kai as the most dangerous player and oriented my plans around him for a reason. I'm trusting my gut on this. I just don't think Kai is guilty this time.

Besides which, anyone who comes up with a Plan of some sort is automatically suspected of being scum. This applies to Kai especially because he always has a Plan, whether he's innocent or guilty.

7. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

If we give mayor to 1 of the 2 Judge claimers, as I see it we have a 50% chance of having a town mayor.

If we give mayor to anybody else we have a higher, closer to 2/3 chance.

Which is better?

---------- Post automerged at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Edit by double post:

In option 1 we have a guarantee (sort of) that there isn't a scum mayor

8. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

That may be so Eternity Lost, but I see no way in which Sesc is the actual judge. The only trouble for me is determining whether or not it's still possible for Kai to be scum.

Taure, it's still better for the town if we try and not get the mayor killed. So voting for the one with the least chance of being scum would still be the ideal path.

9. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Exactly what I mean. And it's close to 3/4, actually. 0.71.

I'm not important, in the end. The point is that Kai doesn't become mayor.

Edit:
    @dhulli: Looking at it "objectively", as Kai is so fond of doing, you aren't making sense. There is no way to tell for you which one is the real judge. So we are both equally suspicious -- or insuspicious.

10. Jon

No.

I am Spartacus.

11. Aekiel

High Score:
    Well, if we abandon the Kai for Mayor idea then I would suggest we keep the no lynch vote idea. It makes sense to get rid of the fakeclaimer first, since there's a high probability of them being scum. The only way to prove which is telling the truth is to see which one survives the day.

---------- Post automerged at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Actually, it's probably a better idea to keep you two out of the Mayor spot, since that way we can keep the damage to the town at a minimum. One of you is going to die today, and the Judge is pretty much a one shot ability with the way we bandwagon on day 2+. This way at least we keep one of the abilities that can kill the Enchantress out right.

As well as that, if Kai is indeed the Lover of a Warlock then when he dies we also open up the Enchantress to normal kills.

---------- Post automerged at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

So... Back to my default vote.

Rescind Vote

Mayor Vote: Aekiel

12. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Objectively speaking then Sesc, why come out and roleclaim? If you were the real judge, you should have stayed silent and judge-killed Kai when we elected him and voted no-lynch.

As far as I'm concerned, Kai is pretty damn sure of the judge not being able to kill him which is why he proposed this grand plan. Knowing Kai, I'm sure everyone can agree on this. Either being a judge himself or one of the other circumstances mentioned above, it remains to be seen whether he's town or scum.

13. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

I said why I did it. I want neither a fake!judge as a mayor, nor a dead mayor. Coming out was the only way to achieve this.

Aek; yes. I wouldn't mind becoming judge, but that's not the point. So far, we have this list, apart from us:

Castiel
    Jon
    Ashaya
    Necrule
    Aekiel
    klackerz

If we assume one of those is a witch, we're at 5/6 or 0.83 chance for a Town mayor.
    If it helps to convince anyone, I could offer not to vote myself and not suggest anyone to vote for.

14. guljons

guljons Squib

Ok, I agree with going with the no lynch plan and that the mayor shouldn't be Kai and Sesc.
    There is better chances of getting town mayor this way.
    rescind vote
    Mayor Vote: Ashaya
    , because it is a toss up for me and I believe that she is town.

15. Aekiel

High Score:
    That's a strange vote, guljons. As far as I can tell Ashaya has said a whole lot of nothing in this thread. She's just randomly popped up for a one liner every now and then, and then dropped off the face of the Earth again. So why exactly do you get the impression that she's town?

16. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Mayor Vote: Sesc
    Kai smells, and it isn't just fishy, he stinks like rotting corpses and burning bodies.

17. Jon

*rubs his brow*

I'm town.

Vote for me.

You know I'm amazing and shit and now I'm on town's side.

What is there to lose?

18. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Enough talking! We need a mayor already. Ashaya makes a good neutral choice, and is guaranteed to not TL;DR us.

Rescind vote.

Mayor vote: Ashaya

19. Jon

I'm not getting Mayor so..

I am gonna trust my gut instinct.

Vote Mayor: Castiel

I urge the rest of you to do the same, so I don't have to hunt you down and kill you.

20. guljons

guljons Squib

Well I looked at people who put themselves out for mayor and it was more about who I didn't want to vote for. In the end it came to be between her and Jon, but he already had his term.