1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt | Witch Victory

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Was asleep until now, sorry, also didn't realize the Australian Time Zone thing. How long until the day ends?

As for the mayor vote, I would think that either Lutris or Vira would make a good mayor but neither of them seem too enthusiastic about it.

So, will also wait for a while before casting my vote. Jon as mayor could be hilarious though.

2. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Point. However, dealing badly with stress does not mean getting more responsibilities will not motivate me more. Also, I do not appreciating you degenerating into personal insults about my actions in a previous game. It makes you seem desperate, really, and I've always respected you the most in mafia games. If you wish to convince everyone I'm not a good choice for mayor, please at least put it in a nicer way. You don't see me discrediting you in such a way.

In that case, my lesstinyhunt won only came because I was taking random shots in the dark while the witches panicked with mass-souping. Also luck. A lot more luck. Town would've lost if Kai hadn't failed soup and counter-claimed.

I'm sorry for assuming then, because the past few times anyone mentioned you as someone to trust/look out for you blame them for drawing you into the spotlight, and now you're fine with the big red target on your back? Is this an attempt at acceptance? If so, I applaud you.

You can ask the rest of this thread. Who thinks that town would be in a bad position if Lutris is scum? Also, being obvious as pro-town role not equals being obvious in general.

Thanks for the grammar fix, though.

No hard feelings Lutris, just wanted to get that out there.

3. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Vote Player: Hermonie

More seriously, I don't know yet who should be Mayor, but as pointed out, we have time. As of now, I think that Lutris, Vira and possibly Irene would make good Mayors, along with a couple others. I haven't made up my mind yet, though, so I'll refrain from voting.

4. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

I hate to use the same meme twice in the same thread.

But you forced my hand.

[​IMG]

5. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I didn't actually vote Hermonie, you know...

Hence why I didn't bold my vote, while it appears you did.

If you're referring to my list of possible candidates for Mayor, how is that trolling? You pointed out that you wouldn't mind Mayor, Irene's proved her competence (questions regarding her sanity and coherence aside) and Vira is a smart, strong player with experience. That's the metric I used when deciding my list (and, as I pointed out, I haven't voted yet, so I'm still thinking it through).

If the list overlooks some important points, then I'd love to hear them. Not trolling here, I'm a newbie (I've only ever played one mafia game, and Irene crushed it) and would love the opportunity to hear more about why my thought process is wrong. If not, then /shrug

6. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

I'm tempted to turn the pic back around on Lutris, 'cause I don't know what made him bring it out. Moridin's got a point about, you know, waiting. I think I made it.

7. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

I only meant about the Hermonie bit. D8

Anyway, will post more later. :/

8. Little Knee

Little Knee Seventh Year

Sorry I'm late, guys. It was thunderstorm here all day, with electricity off and all.

Anyway, I've finished reading your whole discussion about mayor role. And, between Jon, Irene, and Lutris? In any other day I'll choose Lutris, what with all of his great analysis, calmness, and sheer luck, he could become a great help for the town. But now...? I don't know why, something's feel a little off about him. Maybe it's the way he talked, or the way he had already posted two picture from the same meme toward people here.

Jon? I don't know much about him, but somehow I feel that Jon's antic is disconcerting and... scary. I can't trust him for a role as big as this :(

And Irene? I'm completely support your decision of not wanting to get the mayor role, but so far I think you're the only one here who hadn't been showing any suspicious signs at all. That and you're awesome, but....

Ah well.

Mayor Vote: Lutris

Edit: what the hell with the tags, guys? -_______-

Edit 2: I know that dhulli also one of the mayor candidates, but -

QFTMFT

9. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Lol, Lknee, I just said I don't mind being mayor now. So yeah, you can vote for me if you truely believe I'm the one for it. However, don't decide too early, we still have a long time. Nice to see you back! Hopefully Lungs doesn't creep you out again. Haha.

10. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    D. fooking. 8.

11. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

I go to sleep, wake up, and suddenly Lutris has a groundswell of popular support from multiple sides. Not saying that it's a bad thing, just something that I've noted.

Eh, whatever. I'm fairly certain that if the mayor proves to be anti-town, his position (while decently secure) will eventually be exposed, one way or another.

Although I will say if we want to lynch our idiots today, we might want to pick up the pace of the voting a bit.

12. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Day lasts for up to 72 hours (also, all there in the manual)

13. addictedforlife

addictedforlife High Inquisitor

Just got back home from college, and see that the game has been on for 10 hours already.

Concerning the mayor vote, I agree with all those who said to wait. The day has only begun.

14. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I keep seeing "The Day has only begun" from everyone, and 93 posts.

I think this is a good time to start analysis.

15. Geabe

Geabe Guest

I really do wonder if we'll be looking at 500 posts by the end of the day. It'll take time to read them all.

16. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Let me rephrase that,

I didn't know Kai was in Aus and hence Game would start earlier than I expected.

And I still do not know who to vote for mayor. :(

17. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

I'm willing to vote Lutris for mayor. He seems legit.

18. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Damn Australians starting the game in the middle of the night on Monday.

I'm leaning towards Silens or Jon for mayor, but I haven't been convinced by anybody yet.

19. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I don't really trust Silens for mayor because...well, I'm not familiar enough with his regular posting style/Mafia posting style to get any sort of read on him.

I don't trust Jon for mayor for the exact same fucking reason.

I don't trust Lutris for mayor because he's fucking Lutris and the first rule of Witchhunt is he's always the priest. Even when he's scum. Same reason I probably wouldn't vote Kai for mayor if he were playing. The fact that Vira voted for him under the premise of 'well the priest can check him' is also a much better reason not to trust him - mayor can't be checked and I find it difficult to believe Vira wouldn't have read all the rules; which, of course, casts suspicion on the whole damn thing.

I don't trust Irene for mayor because...because...do I really need a reason? She's Irene.

As such, I'm at a bit of an impasse. I'd like to go with a random vote like I've been willing to do for Lump, but Mayor seems a tad too powerful for that shit.

20. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Damn, I got all busy today - and as I sit down to finally eat lunch I'm all "Durrr, I think I forgot something." Proof I shouldn't be mayor.

Now, the way I see it is a vote for Jon is a vote for warlock. I just don't trust him. Ever. Same with dhulli.

So my gut says:

Electoral Vote Player: Lutris

Because seriously, what's the worst that can happen?