1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt | Witch Victory

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Oct 11, 2011.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

No deadline votes for mayor only regular.

Deadlines are for lynches only.

2. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

In that case, Jon has more than the necessary, even though he apparently didn't vote for himself.

Also, lol Vesvius. We actually have another user called Nae'blis, though. :S

3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

OK. Jon is officially mayor. Congratulations.

Now time to send someone to the firing squad!

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Thank you all who voted for me!

Now, my first act as Galactic Emperor is to reassure you all that;

I will do my best to protect those who voted for me from being lynched.

This list includes:
    • Fiat
    • Vesvius
    • Lungs
    • Fen
    • Vira
    • dhulli
    • Mordin
    • Geabe
    • Castiel
    • The Santi
    • Ashaya
    • Silens
    • Lutris
    The rest of you can go fuck yourselves. This protection includes using 'check' to determine if someone is scum or not. Shocking, I am aware.

Don't make me waste it.

5. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Okay, that was kind of amusing.

6. Little Knee

Little Knee Seventh Year

Got back from school and found this. Ah well. Congrats, Jon.

Anyway, to push things forward and for helping us decide which one of us should be sent toward firing squad, I'll start with this:

Tell the truth about your role

..... And no trolling. Please. The first one trolling about this will get my suspicion immediately.

And for making this fair, I'll begin with mine. Two truths about my role are:

1) I didn't expect to get this role. At all.

2) Y'all will regret if you lynch me.

That's all.

7. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Yeah, giving hints about our roles in a game where there's a player who can kill you by knowing your role sounds like a wonderful idea.

Stupidity = Guilt, bride of Lungs.

8. Little Knee

Little Knee Seventh Year

................god, I hate that so much.

And no, I'm not encouraging us to tell our exact role. It can work the other way for us, you know - giving us hints whether a player is a witch or not.

9. Jon

..To be honest.

I'm not really sure if that was a really bad attempt as a warlock/thrall or a very bad choice as a scum/townie. @@

10. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

lol.

But yeah, that idea is pretty stupid.

So far, here's why I think Lutris is scum:

There were two strong mayoral candidates, Lutris and Jon.

One of them has to be a witch. That is because any witch candidate will naturally get at least 4 votes. (Unless the witches decide not to go for the mayor position to avoid suspicion which I don't think they thought that far.)

Of the two, I think Lutris is scum based on their posts in the past few pages, hence me voting for Jon. There is also the fact that the witches wouldn't put their candidate so soon like Jon put himself forth. They'd wait for a few posts before pushing him/her forth.

Now, of all the people who voted for Lutris or were inclined to, I'll argue a lot of them are scum. Especially Little Knee...because I read her post on her voting for Lutris and it seemed to say..."Yeah Lutris is giving me an uneasy feeling but I'll still vote for him." Naturally, each of them had to come up with different reasons to vote for Lutris. I'll add on top of that that Kensington is also scum since he went with his 'gut' and just out and out chose Lutris (probably out of Laziness). Of the two Mishie and Irene, I'll say at least one of them is scum. But yeah, this is all pure speculation as I'm not too sure of these others.

Now Lutris realized the precarious nature of his position and once he saw that Jon was getting a clear majority, actually voted for Jon in an attempt to avoid suspicion.

So yeah, Lutris = definitely a witch.

11. Fiat

Not that I don't encourage suspicion like this (constant vigilance being the only way we can ever win), especially when I don't necessarily trust Lutris in this game (sorry bro), the premise that you're basing all of this off of is so damn flawed that if anything in this post ends up being correct then you've been stealing notes off of Irene.

12. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I love how Irene's become a byword for Bat Deduction :awesome

13. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

The premise I'm basing this off of is my prediction that the witches will select a mayor candidate and all vote for him/her. I don't think they were clever enough to somehow circumvent this obvious thought process. I'd be surprised if they were more clever than this but I don't see it at the moment.

14. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Son, you dumb as bricks.

That doesn't prove anything. We all voted for Jon because we had the vague hope that he wasn't scum.

Most of us wanted to vote for Lutris because we really didn't want him to be scum.

The alternative is that both you and Lutris are scum, and he's D8'ing about this terribly fail gambit you just pulled.

Also. Fiat is somewhat correct in his decision not to trust, but I can say pretty certainly whose really freaking fishy at this point.

Lutris draws up a blank for me - after a long while of combing through this thread on my iPod rather than sleeping

I think that an aspect of tinyhunt variants that people aren't considering are that people with unimportant roles will tend to play up the roles or try to be important.

This is part of the rationale I had with Jon.

Look at his posts. When he starts, he bursts into the fray, with a bunch of lulzy and dynamic statements. When it appears that people won't be voting for him due to lack of experience, he shruggles and gets slightly more ditzy than usual, feeling pissed about joining a game where people who have experience and are 'power players' (Irene, that phrase makes me :rolleyes:) are favored for strong protown...

Every townie wants to make a difference, and every mafia is standard/wants to win and all.

Makes it far more difficult that normal mafia.

15. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

You didn't seem to address my concerns though. My whole reasoning was that the witches would vote for someone together, because they can collaborate over their QT. This would give that person at least 3-4 votes. Only Jon and Lutris gathered at least that much support. Where do you think I'm wrong?

I don't give a crap what people's personal reasons were for supporting someone, because people will lie and misdirect. That's the nature of this game. Everybody lies or give half truths (or almost everybody :p)

16. Fiat

Because the witches all/mostly voting for the same person in the starting game of the last TinyHunt worked so well for them that this game's scum would like to repeat the experience, right?

17. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fuck, write long post, iOS Safari crashes. Truestory.jpg

Read between the lines, dhulli. I'm saying that they won't be quite as obvious as you believe. Obvious mafia isn't some crazy scheme within a scheme. There's always some schmuck (you :D) that will call them out, and in the lattergame, it becomes painfully obvious that they are obviousmafia.

Also, surprised that I haven't received an accusation yet. /me shruggles.

---------- Post automerged at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

Fiat ninja'd.

18. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

hmm Fiat, you raise a good point because I have no idea what happened in previous iterations of the game so I'm kinda inexperienced at that. So yeah, good point.

19. Jon

If you lie while using The Red Truth you can never be trusted again.

20. Fiat

Read over the previous threads. Unless you're scum - in which case, by all means, ignore them.

So: Lynching. Let us discuss.