1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Was Ginny still a virgin when she started dating Harry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JuniorAL, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

If only there was enough people left to know what you're talking about.

2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I'm not old you're old.

3. Galen

Galen DA Member

Is it shitpost Sunday already?

Man, time flies.

Anyways, if you asked Rowling, I’m sure she’d say that no character in the series had sex until they were of age and in a serious relationship.

Cuz a bunch of teenagers in an unsupervised magic castle would stop at making out (oh, excuse me, snogging).

4. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

It is really bizarre how the responses to this thread showcase how much DLP has matured over the years.

5. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, someone mentioned that to find the rage OP should go somewhere else? What a weird time we live in.

6. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just another result of the world going down the wrong timeline.

@JuniorAL ...bruh. Just bruh. 1, this is fanfic, you can put Ginny on whatever part of the thot scale you want. 2, HP are children's books, JKR ain't gonna slip in confirmation on the state of Ginny's V Card anywhere. 3, what the fuck man. 4, just leave it ambiguous and the readers will make whatever interpretation works for them.

7. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Average age to lose your virginity in the UK is (according to a quick Google) at age 16. So on the assumption that Ginny is thoroughly average, she would have lost it during her 5th year. Which is when she was dating both Dean and Harry.

Make of that what you will.

8. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    Maybe that's average amongst the filthy Muggles, but Witches and Wizards have no need churn out so many offspring so that some might survive by weight of numbers.

9. Goten Askil

Goten Askil Groundskeeper

We're talking Weasley here, "weight of numbers" is an accurate description.

10. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    Technically that's a Prewett thing.

11. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Red hair, too many children, slut daughter? Must be a Weasley.

12. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You guys are all wrong. Ginny was a virgin when she started dating Harry, and remained one until her dying day. Honestly, so did Harry, as his traumatic upbringing made him uncomfortable with anything beyond light snogging. Ginny is the same way because her own trauma with the diary. That's why they're perfect for each other. Their kids are products of time travel nonsense.

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Vacant expressions, tatty secondhand book.

14. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

Thank you ladies and gents, this is fucking gold. Needed a good snicker or two to get me through quarantine.

On topic, Ginny never lost her virginity to Harry because all of his kids are actually hallucinations of his dying mind after Voldemort AK'd him in the forbidden forest. Why the fuck else would he (or anyone sane for that matter) ever name their son Albus Severus?

15. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Heh, I get my personal headcanon from Eternal Return:
    The whole 17-Years-Later bit was just Voldemort!Harry's daydream as he let his younger self kill him...

True. You know, it's kind of funny to me to see how puritanical the Wizarding World is presented as by JKR. I mean, IRL, a lot of sociologists credit the sudden easy and legal availability of reliable birth control with jump-starting sexual liberalization in the western world. Look around at how sexually liberated our societies are after only a few decades of this. Now imagine how much further along in that process a society would be if even simpler, more reliable forms of birth control (presumably in the form of charms or potions) had been around for centuries. Especially when Christianity seems to have been a much smaller cultural influence on Witches and Wizards than on their muggle counterparts.

Logically speaking, Hogwarts students would be boning constantly, with only those filthy mudblood prudes treating it like it's a big deal (similar to how when we backwards-ass Americans travel to parts of Europe and lose our goddamn minds over seeing a pair of tits on a billboard).

*shrug* But in the end, we're talking about a series written for kids from a relatively sex-negative culture, so of course (Dumbeldore and Grindelwald's retconned relationship notwithstanding) the characters are going to be paragons of modern christian sexual morality (i.e. It never even crosses their minds).

So I guess it's kind of a pointless topic. Fun to think about though, especially when you're on Day 8 of your quarantine, you've got fuck-all else to do, and your sleep schedule is now completely divorced from the Earth's day-night cycle...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  16. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The wizarding world has ghosts, and there's evidence that a soul exists (dementors) that the public is aware of, and potentially more esotoric information, given horcruxes.

Potentially, there could well be proof that the moment of conception creates a full life, with a fully formed soul. Hell, if you were to take it further, there could well be a demi-soul in gametes, so the prevention of conception (if we want to go full-idiot, then even masturbation) could be equivalent to murder. Given that we know time-travel can cause someone to not be born, maybe you're not just killing someone, you're preventing them from ever existing.

I mean, that's a deliberately absurd argument, but we're talking about a world in which a lisp can cast the wrong spell. Also, that way leads towards magical realm crap.