1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Was this idea ever used before?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Sepanto, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

i wanna write a fanfiction in which tom riddle took lv aws a child, and what would have happened then, did someone write this kind of ff b4?

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

o_o

i couldnt tell you... im having a hard time figuring out WHAT idea it is first...

lets try reposting this in english

3. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

I said that my idea was, what if tom riddle snr. took in little lord voldemort as a child, instead of condemning him to the orphanage, what kind of childhood would he have had, and how would the storyline developed.

4. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Never seen something like this.

5. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

good to know, so it'll be original when i write it...

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'd imagine as a little snob, since Riddle sr was rich or something wasn't he?

Couldn't see him going all crazy dark lord ish without the orphanage's abuse

7. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

I dont think he would be evil at all, just a malfoy minus the dark lord servant part.

8. Kaotac

Kaotac Second Year

Don't be so sure about that. He is a Half-Blood, so if he was still sorted as a Slytherin, where they would look down upon him.. Well, he'd either become an Auror to arrest them all, or still become Voldemort, to subjugate them and get his revenge. But it would stand to reason that he won't be all "Kill the muggles!"

9. Burt

Burt Fourth Year

Kaotac:

If he acted like a well brought-up pureblood, then the Slytherins would assume he was a well brought-up pureblood. Remember how Hermione says that most Eaters are Halfies? That means that purebloods don't pay nearly so much attention to heiraldry as fanon depicts.

However, if he was raised by muggles who treated him like Draco, he wouldn't be very inclined to kill off all the muggles.

That's why this story might end up not being particularly interesting -- what would Tom M. do if not become a Dark Lord? Become Minister? You'd need to come up with something interesting for him to do to avoid it being just angsty spew, all about his blood insecurities -- that sounds rather dull.

10. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Madness is in his blood, perhaps he starts killing wizards instead of muggles

11. Kaotac

Kaotac Second Year

Yeah.. but counting HBP as canon is just so disapointing.. I prefer to think of it as a long fanfic that we had to pay money for, and gets lots of reviews.

12. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

on another note, can someone think of an idea to make harry decendant of slytherin which ISN'T overused, one of my thoughts was that marvollo/morphin raped harry's grandmother.

13. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

A spell goes wrong and Harry becomes Morfin.

14. Burt

Burt Fourth Year

Then you'd end up telling people that purebloods often have squib children -- a quite common explaination to why Lily's parents were muggles in the "Lily's got super-duper blood" fics.

Personally, I think it's funnier when blood does matter, and mudbloods are inferior.

On the other hand, you could make it so that he's related to the Gaunts on the Potter side -- it would be rather easy to portray James as slightly deranged.

You could say that he gave Lily a love potion...

Or that he abused her...

Or that it was Peter who stopped the 'Kill Severus With a Werewolf' prank, and James and Sirius were both trying to kill him, and this disilusioned Peter to what James and Sirius are, making it easy to betray them, at the same time freeing Lily from her abusive, love potion-induced plight. Remember how Voldemort asked Lily to step aside? Maybe Peter asked Voldemort not to kill her.

Noble!Peter isn't portrayed very often, but it's quite entertaining.

15. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

good ibea, but i firmly got it in my head that Peter is a dick, but since its a dark harry, you could make him kill wormtail, go on a killing spree, realize about wormtail, then simmer down, or keep killing, good either way, lots of blood and gore with either way! :twisted:

16. Burt

Burt Fourth Year

Yeah, but I'm more interested in seeing psychotic!James than anything....

17. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

i have this crazy idea of making the evans a light pureblood family, who to pacify lily, a squib pretend to be muggle.

18. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The only one I saw that did a good Evans pureblood story was when they used the idea of the Evans family going into hiding in the 1700's or something becuase they were being chased by a dark witch. They started in hiding so long that people forgot about them and it was thought to be a dead line. As time went on, as none of the family went to any schools, they got weaker and squibs started popping up, ect, ect thou not all of them were scuibs. Just wizards that didnt know they were magical apart from a few weird happenings in their lifes.