1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Well okay, fuck you too Blizzard

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by JohnThePyro, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Then pirate. Better to support nobody than to support fucking Gamespot alone.

2. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

I know I've bitched about this before, but fuck it it's pissing me off. Is Activision really so damn cheap that they can't keep a set of dedicated servers for their digital products? I've got to redownload SCII onto my Ubuntu machine (along with tweak a whole bunch of shit to get it to run right), and this is so goddamn slow.

It's currently at 18%, with 12 hours to go, on a goddamn 7 GB file! My connection maxes out at 50 mb/s, I can download this from a normal torrent or newsgroup within 20 minutes! (I would normally, but unfortunately the version on most trackers & newsgroups is a regionlocked EU one, which I can't use as I'm in the NA bracket)

Jesus christ, this just reinforces your point Tehan. These people are practically begging for me to pirate their products.

3. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I'm pretty sure they use torrents (and I've heard you can turn that off, but I'm not sure).

4. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

I've had no trouble with the speed, I downloaded it in about 30 minutes

5. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Blizzard downloader and patcher both use torrents the last time I checked. Also, when patching, it will throttle your download, forcing you to seed more before you can leech again. Not sure what's the deal with the downloader, though. But surely there are torrents for NA version out there?

6. Klimpen

Klimpen First Year

There's a plain-text file which 'tells' your client which server to connect to. If you alter it from eu.battle.net to us.battle.net it'll work.

Also, Blizzard Entertainment was bought by Viviendi in 2000'ish which then bought Activision and merged it's existing gaming division with Acti to create Blizzard Activision. Blizzard Entertainment had zero input on the deal.

Alsoalso, lol at the bad qq'ing about balance changes.