1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What do You Look for in a Girl/Guy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Giovanni, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god (A
    Cool!

2. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Is there alot of trouble with immigrants and locals in America? We here alot about it in modern studies, adn its bad over here, with a lot of middle eastern immigrants getting blamed for everything by a minority of idiots, but i just wandered what it was like over your side of the pond

3. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

Ugh, we have so many people that are just plain idiots! Both immigrants and people who have been here for generations. Goddess, its annoying.

4. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

That sucks, its the exact same over here, i really hate the arseholes who are like that, if its not immigrants its "sweatys" (Skaters or moshers or w.e it is in over your way) they just always take all their problems out on everyone else. cocks

5. UnholyWarlord

UnholyWarlord Fourth Year

The Great Icy wasteland that is known as Canada
    Here in Canada, immagarants are very important to keep the mnumbers up

6. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

My friends have been to canada and said it was amazing, i'd like to come over sometime

7. UnholyWarlord

Canada is a great place. Too clod for many people though

8. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

I love the cold

9. UnholyWarlord

You are from the south right? The cold we get is enoeugh to kill some one on a relguer day

10. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I like Canada, but not the cold. I liked London, but I froze half to death there. I also froze half to death here...was -22F this morning with windchill, -15 without (during the summer it gets into the 90's though =)).

I personally don't mind immigrants, as long as they're legal. I also know some Spanish (which is quickly becoming a major language here in the Southwest as more immigrants arrive) which helps a lot, but it is getting really bad. What I especially don't like is when immigrants come in and employers fire other workers and replace them because the immigrant workers will work for far less, and think they're making so much money. Perhaps to them, as they probably made far less in Mexico, but to us is probably 1/5 of a normal salary that someone would make in that profession. Illegal immigrants a lot of times work for even less, sometimes even below minimum wage.

11. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

I enjoy Illinios and Washington state cold, haven't been to Canada.

12. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I have no real major issue with Immigrants. I have, however, several minor, in-general ones.. :D

Minor Ones:

Lack of English, if you come to a country, learn the language damnit.

Bigotry/Racism, I have ths problem with mainly second generation immigrants who think they are the cream of the crop, these nasty buggers will take multiple beatings before shutting up.

Lack of taking advantage of high wages.

Bitching about racism when no one is being racist to you. [ This is mainly fellow students, who will cause a scene on what they think is an affront but wasn't ].

13. Lord Ravenclaw

Oh yes, these too (not second gen., but ones who think they're better than everyone else). They strut around like they own the place and have little regard for others. Think slightly mellowed out Malfoy. A supremest. They also tend to be the ones who get a few of their fellows to help them beat you down, then call you weak for being unable to defend yourself against ten concurrent attacks. The ones I knew deflated their heads for the most part, but in other areas I still see these a lot. I swear, next time I'll bring a damn crowbar.

14. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

*nod* I didn't have to many problems with them during my younger school days, but I had to kick the shit out of one of them, guess what the prick did? I was playing basketball, and my friend[since kindergarten ] was sitting on the grass "cuddling" with his g/f, this prick purposely kicks a soccerball point-blank into his head, I saw red dude :twisted:

15. Lord Ravenclaw

Exactly the superior attitude I spoke of. I'm glad the ones around here deflated their heads.

But this brings up an interesting question. Was James Potter a second generation Mexican immigrant who thought he was in the US, but was actually in the British Isles, and didn't look Mexican?

16. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

British Isle pureblood. Made him superior to his wife even after they married. Mother fucker needed a lobotomy.

17. Allowaycar

Allowaycar Second Year

I like the cold. Not sure if I would like it cold enough to kill. In SC it gets hot enough to kill, but as for cold usually somewhere in the teens will be our coldest nights during winter.

My thing with immigrants is just that they can't speak english. Like was said, if you are going to move somewhere, learn the damn language.

Don't get me started on racism. Its so stupd all the way around. People cry about minorities not be equal, well I didn't get a full ride through college because of my race. WTF is up wth that? I had to pay.

My biggest gripe is people that were born here, families have been here for years, preach how they are "african american" or "chinese american". Dude you are not african, you are not chinese. You are a damn American and you need to learn to shut the fuck up!

18. Aba4th

Aba4th First Year

I live in Nashville Tennessee and I must say we are being invaded by Mexicans. I'm not saying I'm racist...but... when a dude pops out of his car with his cock hanging out of his pants and stares at your sister suggestively you tend to not like people so much. I totally agree about the need for foreigners to learn english. My Grandmother had to learn it when she came over from Greece, so just because there are a lot of them why should they be treated any differently.

19. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

Fear the pimp cane????
    WTF Aba?

20. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Ahh the old Luscious Lucius and his goofy pimp cane. I remember it most from the end of the second movie. It became a quick favorite of squicky slash because everyone loves a blond ponce dom they can sub to.

EDIT: Just realized my avatar kicked the pimp cane's ass at the end of that movie. Fear the dom!Dobby!

As for the topic and what I look for in a girl? I'd have to say boobs and a vagina are the most important. Beyond that... it varies. Sometimes blonde hair, sometimes intelligence, sometimes a pulse, sometimes merely an inability to fight back is enough to make my day. I'm not picky.