1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What Does Voldemort Want?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Amerision, Apr 21, 2006.

1. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

Now that I think about it, I'd like to see a story where Flamel is a closet Dark Lord with a pretty rock.

2. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

That's an excellent story idea.

3. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

" Ready to die, no it is time to make a new ID, Maybe I should get the Potter kid, sounds like albus is up to his old make a dark lord tricks and I don't need that right now"

4. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

Let's say that HBP was true:

1st explanation: There's a reason why nobody uses multiple Horcruxes. When you split your soul in more than two, you lose a lot of your ability to think rationally and nonviolently. Tom Riddle didn't know this when he created two, so he's gone mad and doesn't know what he's doing because of the Horcrux side effect he created.

2nd explanation: Tom Riddle was born mad. The Slytherin genes came out wrong, and he was born with a mental genetic deficiency that only occurs amougst magical families.

5. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

Our peak at the "riddle family life" in HBP supports the "riddle is a few genes short of genius"

6. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

Personally, I feel that most of you are severely underestimating Voldemort. I mean, sure he may seem like a moron whenever he gets into a confrontation with Dumbledore or Harry, but would he have achieved any of his goals if he was as big as a fool as you seem to be making him out to be? He was equal in power with Dumbledore, if I am not mistaken, and if the prophecy is to be believed, Harry will be his equal as well, so why should you compare his attitude only when he faces those two?

I mean quite honestly, would he have been able to achieve the title "He-who-must-not-be-named" simply by leading a series of raids against muggles? Strike terror into the hearts of the wizarding world of Britain after slaughtering a few old men in a street?

We are starting to see in the begging of book six, that he is once again starting the war. And as we clearly saw, no even the prime minister realized what was going on until Fudge told him, so what makes us believe that muggles will realize what's going on even if he does start a massive war? I mean seriously, if there are any witnesses, his ideal solution is just to kill them all, and I am sure he does. Looking back at how everyone is scared of his first rise to power, one would think, that it would be even worse then what is happening right in HBP.

I am positive his brain is fully intact, and he is capable of creating master plans, that will bring the wizarding world to the brink of destruction, which I am sure we will see in book 7. After all, we didn't see him at all during book six, I feel he was up to something big while he was waiting for Malfoy to succeed.

I didn't especially enjoy book six, feeling that it wasn't as good as it could have been however, even though I feel it wasn't the best of ideas, the Horcuxes, were a unique and a marvelous idea none the less. If you have read the book at least as far as to Dumbledore's lessons with Harry, we learn that the items in which he uses for his Horcruxes, have great value and probably a great purpose.

Your idea, of transforming a pebble into one, and throwing it into the ocean, while it would have it's merit, and yes, would probably never be found. There would probably come a point in time, that if Voldemort ever actually wanted to die, he himself would then have to locate it, and who knows if even he would be able to locate it then. Thus even if he wants death, that would be taken away from him and he would become one of those retards who do nothing but search for a way to die.

As for the idea of just sitting around patiently waiting for you enemies to die of old age. Where is the fun in that? Personally I would much rather go out and eliminate my enemies myself, then just letting them die. It would be much simpler to dispose of any problems as they arose, rather then giving them even the most of remote possibility of finding a way to destroy you. Because who knows, there could be other means of destroying a person, even if he has a Horcurx.

As for the Pureblood issue, Voldemort might be using them, because perhaps they are actually better then everyone else? I mean, would it be unplossible to see the idea that the pureblood race is actually better then everyone else. I mean after all, his top lutenants are Pureblood, they have to be good at something. And in the end, after he accomplishes his goal, he could just eliminate them, to dispose of all that could oppose him?

In the end, I am not sure exactly what Voldemort's plans are, and i'm not sure anyone apart from JK is going to be able to say, so I guess we shall just have to wait for book 7 to see. After all, the last book, should answer all the questions; as well as leave us new ones to answer after that, that probably won't get answered.

-Void Sorcerer

P.S. Come on, we all know that Snape is on the good side, he had to kill Dumbledore to ensure his position in Voldemort's inner circle. And will undoubtedly prove vital in the last book on helping the light side fight back.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  7. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Personally, I would inscribe a marking on it, and just summon it whenever I needed it. The purpose of the Horcruxes is not too serve as a "zOMG, I losted my soulz!!1!!2!! I gonna uze teh WHORE-CRUKZES!!!11!!!4211!!!" It's more like an anchor to the world of the living instead of a back-up incase you die. As evidenced by Voldemort's resurrection, you don't need a Horcrux to come back to life, all you need is your dad's bones, your servant's flesh and your enemies blood.

I agree with the rest of your post, though. However, I think that you misread some of the posts. Most of us (I believe) were describing a Voldemort purely using facts from the books, and using few conjectures.

8. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

I see your point on the marking and just summoning, but I would think he would also put some level of protection around it, just like he did with the locket if he intended to keep it safe. And just like we saw there, it prevented the summoning charm.

The problem I see with the idea, is any old bugger could just stand outside their door, and scream "Accio Horcux" and there it is.

9. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

No, because, as shown by Harry's struggles to learn the summoning charm, you need to clearly visualise the object that is to be summoned, concentrate solely on that object, and then will it to come to you.

There are two main problems that I see with your idea. One is that the "old bugger" won't know what to summon, and will end up with nothing coming towards him. Secondly, the summoner isn't concentrating solely on one thing, meaning that nothing will come to him when he casts his spell.