1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite fanfic of all time?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Maelstorm212, Jan 12, 2019.

1. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

Yeah I know TOOHEF is Taure's fic - I never refer to it as RC's sequel.

2. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    My mistake.

3. pbluekan

pbluekan Unspeakable DLP Supporter

HP: A Long Journey Home - I’ve always been fascinated with this sort of Man From Earth style story, and the Merlin arc and Dumbledore stories are just too damn good. It’s always worth a reread, which puts it at the top in my mind. The Lie I’ve Lived comes in second place.

The others are mostly crossovers.

Dresden: Endless Pantheon - Todeswind has a masterful grip on the prose and style that brings Harry Dresden to life. His storytelling and ability to incorporate Stargate and mythological canon just turns this all the way up to 10.
    Mass Effect: The Spartan Effect - On the face of it, this is a pretty ordinary Master Chief and Cortana end up with the Normandy, but it combines some other tropes of the fandom into a mix that is wonderfully readable, and actually funny. Moreover, while the main stations of canon are touched on, they are approached and passed in utterly unique ways.
    LotR: The Shadow of Angmar - @Steelbadger just fucking kills this. I just wish that asshole wouldn’t stop mid stroke and just finish the damn thing.

4. Pathological Liar

Pathological Liar First Year

1. Harry Potter And The Boy Who Lives by The Santi: The first and the most entertaining fic I ever read.

2.Forging The Sword: The first fanfic thst convinced me that fanfics could be on par with canon.

My Favourite Guilty Pleasure fanfic: Harry Potter and the Prince Of Slytherin.