1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite fanfic of all time?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Maelstorm212, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

When it comes to favorite HP series, I have to go with The Lie I've Lived. Jbern's Sorting Hat is the Sorting Hat in my head-canon.

But the one I keep returning to (pardon the pun) after all these years is Eternal Return. Parts of that fic still give me chills, even now.

2. Warhawk

Warhawk Squib

Radiant Nights by Menace for me.

It may only be a couple of chapters but I was absolutely blown away by the portrayal of Minato. I regularly go back and reread the scene of Minato and Naruto on the roof. How he struggles to emphasize with his son and all the details during that scene in general are just written so well.

Mother of Learning by nobody103 is incredible too, but not fanfiction. If you want to check out original fiction out online though, thats the story I would recommend.

3. dudeler

dudeler High Inquisitor

High Score:
    might as well write my first post in this thread.

overall: the endless pantheon by todeswind

hp: wand and shield

also: the fable of joyful wing

4. Warhawk_1

Warhawk_1 Squib

Minato Namikaze and the Destroyer of Worlds
    Both a Naruto and HP Fanfic

Will of Fire, Heart of Stone
    Actually in a way, it's not the best but I still view it as my favorite way of doing alternate character interpretation in Naruto fics.

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Having recently re-read all of Endless Pantheon I’m no longer sure of my answer to this question.

It’s quite possibly tied for first with DoS.

For the life of me I can’t figure out what my favorite HP fic would be. The Denarian Series? Santi’s? Wand and Shield? Something else? I don’t know.

6. Maelstorm212

Maelstorm212 First Year

Link to Endless Pantheon? Haven't heard of this.

7. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/t...gods-eye-t-dresden-files-stargate-sg-1.24052/

This is the first in a series of like 5 (so far) stories. They're all posted in WBA so once you finish with one, just go check the Dresden WBA and the next should be on the first page.

Basic sequence is God's Eye -> Shattering Occam's Razor -> God's Blood -> God's Heart, plus a couple of sidestory threads for one-shots and the like set in the same universe.

TLDR summary is "Harry Dresden wakes up on Nekheb, the home planet of Heka, the Goa'uld. Things then proceed to happen." It's a pretty masterful blend of the Dresden Files and Stargate universes and is one of the best fics I've ever read.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

I've been become quite enamoured with Even Hachiman Hikigaya can write a Love Letter.

Maybe I've had a change of heart.

9. entropy843

entropy843 First Year

If there is a oneshot is as mind-blowing and poetic as Egg, it definitely will be my favorite. Sadly,I have not seen such a thing.

For marvel,I really enjoy Started Anew. It might not be anything epic or spectacular,but I have a soft spot for fics with a family theme.While most fics barely get an emotion out of me,I cried reading this.
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/3957514/chapters/8874091

For hp, it has to be Strangers Trilogy. Sure I can see why a lot of other works which I don't enjoy at all are great, Strangers is my favorite. Its Harry is engaging to read and doesn't grate on my nerves.