1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What Makes a Good Sidekick?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lyndon Eye, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

He lost at Wrestlemania, and subsequently retired at the following Raw, in one of the most emotional Raws in history. The Four Horsemen were on hand, Harley Race, Ricky Steamboat, and the entire WWE roster it appeared, to say “thank you” to Ric Flair for all he’s done in this business. The fans gave Flair a standing ovation as he left, and also chanted "Thank You Ric". I changed my avatar and sig today, to honor the greatest wrestler ever to lace up a pair of boots.

Now to bring the thread back to topic;

Flair was a loyal sidekick to Trple H during the whole Evolution run. Arn Anderson was also a great sidekick to Flair's run with the 4 Horsemen.

2. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Emotional WWE.

Bahahahahaha...no wait

BAHAHAHAHAHA

3. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The sidekicks job is to be a contrast to the hero. They're supposed to highlight how fucken awesome the Hero is.

"Holy twisted digits Batman! You really showed the Fingerman who's the boss of thumb wrestling."

"No one can solve crimes like you, you wonderful, pipe-smoking English man. I lub you so much right now, Mister Holmes."

Doesn't Harry contrast well with Ron? Ron's weaknesses highlight Harry's strengths. Ron's job is just to show how full of win Harry is. And to allow Harry to tell his best mate, "hey, i'm fucking ur sister, lol. she does this little thing with her tongue on my arse hole... hey, put the wand down!"

Yak.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  4. Mechanicalchrist

Mechanicalchrist Groundskeeper

Current Batgirl is an awesome sidekick.

She's not bad in a fight, either.

As for Robin... well, after reading Frank Miller's take on him and Batman, I've never quite been able to look at them the same.

5. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Quoted For Truth

On the point of a side kick, I believe that, while Ron is a hopeless asshat, Hermione would definitely be a worthy side-kick. She tries to keep him concentrated on his studies, while Ron tries to make him play chess; she tries to help him with his emotional problems, while Ron has 'the emotional range of a teaspoon'; she is female and has a vagina, Ron does not. See my point? She helps him with character flaws, is the epitome of a good Christian schoolgirl so you know she's kinky in bed, and knows spells that will help him out of almost every situation he comes across. While she has problems with rule-breaking and all that, every sidekick is made to keep the main protagonist in line so she is only doing her job by complimenting his idiotic nature with her analytical one.

6. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

She wears orange juice Really Well, I must say.

What was Frank Miller's take? And which Robin?

7. Mechanicalchrist

Mechanicalchrist Groundskeeper

8. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

Frank Miller FTW! I never really cared for the Batman series until I started reading All-Star. It definitely takes all the characters to a whole new darker, seedier, yet more realistic level. I especially liked the All-Star Joker.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008