1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

What Podcasts do you listen to?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Jon, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Sorrows

Sorrows Unspeakable Prestige DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    I have a thing about Cults. There's a few good podcasts on them.

• Heavens Gate does a long detailed series about the UFO suicide cult Heavens Gate.including interviews with surviving members and family members of those who died.

• Cults covers the history of various cults including a lot I've never heard of.

• Coffee and Cults has more of a conversational vibe but can be interesting.

I also like listening to crime podcasts:

• Criminal takes you through interesting cases and interviews interesting people. They recently did one called The Palace of Justice. Where they interviewed the last surviving prosecutor of the Nurmberg Trials.

• Case Files. Basically the same thing but with a guy with a soothing Australian accent.

• Colour Me Dead true crime podcast goes details the cases of serial killers.

• Serial Killers same thing.

Finally Our Fake History a really interesting podcast about the truth behind semi historical figures and events and how they grew to their current (often inaccurate) modern perceptions. People such as Anastasia, Joan of Arc, Richard the Lionheart and places like Atlantis.

2. BTT

BTT Headmaster

I'll echo Our Fake History, but I've recently binged my way through all of Reply All, a show about weird things happening on, or because of the internet.

There's a lot of different topics, most of which are very well researched, presented by two likeable hosts. For instance, they did a thing about a woman getting weird, inexplicable phone calls (#104), how and why Livejournal got taken over by Russians (#100), Girl Scouts in an internment camp in China (#28), the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (#43), and an interview with the dude who accidentally invented popup ads (#3).

They also sometimes do segments about explaining weird tweets (Yes Yes No), talking about stories from listeners about emails they wanted to write ages ago but never got around to (Email Debt Forgiveness Day), and more.

From the same company, also interesting is Without Fail, hosted by the company's CEO Alex Blumberg, which is a series of interviews with people who've been stupidly succesful, talking about what worked and what didn't. Examples are with the guy who designed Apple Stores, the guy who brought internet to America's schools, and the guy who created - and was then fired from - Groupon.