1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What would make Harry lose control?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jon, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Won't go ballistic when someone insults his parents? If by ballistic you mean killing people, then yeah, your correct. If you mean ballistic as in bashing their faces in, I believe he would if the insult is bad enough. Marge insulted them and got blown up like a bouncy castle for her troubles. Though he didnt intend to actually do it, he would have been thinking of doing something nasty to her. Whether he would have acted on it or not...

Anyway, I could see him tortured until he just cracked. Though he'd be more insane than plain psycho.

2. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

What if he was subjected to psychological torture, specifically obsenely lurid visions sent to him by Voldemort through whatever the hell connects their minds together? Like being forced to watch Death Eaters rape their way through an all-girls Catholic Boarding School, or something similar. That would probably push almost anyone over the edge, if they were in Harry's place.

3. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

No it would just make him guilty most likely, he seems to blame everything that happens where Voldemort is involved on himself.

No I believe that under the right circumstances he would snap.

1.Sleep depravation

2.Constant pain i.e his scar

3.And horrible guilt

This provides us with a very flammable mixture, all you need to do is light the match and watch the house go up in flames.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  4. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

Which is increadibly idiotic; because how the hell is it in any way, shape, or form his fault what a psychotic mass-murderer does? God, just who are we talking about here, Harry Potter or Shinji Ikari? :p

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you look at his various outbursts, they do get worse as he gets older. Look at the pattern:
    1) Aunt Marge - Accidental magic, blows her up
    2) Malfoy insulting his mother - physically beating him up
    3) Sirius' death - Cruciatus Curse on Bellatrix (once only)
    4) Dumbledore's Death - Multiple Cruciatus Curses on Snape.
    5) Ron/Hermione/Ginslut's Death? - Killing Curse on ???.

To make him totally snap you'd have to pile some more pressure on him, possibly have Remus die - last link to his parents gone, have one or two of his friends tortured in front of him, their capture being his fault and then have one of his closest friends die to save him. Probably Ron, as the chess match in book 1 indicates. I think he'd go off the deep end at that point, probably killing curse then mutilating the body or going on a killing spree.

Fun Fun Fun.

Aekiel

6. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Fourth Year

We do see Harry getting very emotional from the memories brought on by Snape's legilmancy of his mind, it seems to me that with his way of coping with loss (angsting a bit and then ignoring it) is one of the things that keeps him going. If that is removed and he is constantly reminded of bad things that he considers 'his fault' as well as suffering attacks and visions from Voldemort there is the possibility of him snapping.

How this would be achieved I don't know but psychological torture seems to me to be the only way of breaking him and it would need to be constant. We see repeatedly through the books that if Harry has time to regroup then he is the ultimate survivor, both in physical and emotional damage.