1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What would Voldemort do if he knew Harry was an horcrux?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leonard, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Leonard

Leonard Banned

What would have happened if Voldemort found out one of his horcruxes was inside Harry?

So we know Voldemort fears death. But his no 1 enemy has a part of his soul. What would Voldemort do with Harry in that case? Kill him anyway? Keep him prisoner? Try to groom him into being his second-in-command?Something else?

2. Niez

Niez Seventh Year ⭐⭐

Transform him into a bone and bury him in the middle of some rando forest, in some spot that held some sort of significance to him, like the clearing where he got his first handie, idk.

3. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Depends on what else he knows, for example the prophecy - if he has full knowledge of that, he might be more cautious. But essentially:

1. Keep him prisoner
    2. Kill him.
    3. Keep him prisoner in order to figure out how to kill him safely.

4. aAlouda

aAlouda High Inquisitor

I assume he'd use powerful dark magic to petrify him and would keep the Harry statue as monument of his victory.

Also an unlikely but theoretically possible option could be that Voldemort just goes through the steps of reabsorbing the soul piece by attempting to geniuenly regret the murder he commited to create it. The only reason I consider this at least possible is that it would allow him to not only kill harry without destroying a part of himself, but that it would also allow him to bring the division of his soul back into the order he intended to of 7 pieces rather than 8.

5. Lumos

Lumos Squib

Put him in the lestrange vault x)

6. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's also entirely possible that, given Voldemort's arrogant disregard for his own soul, even going so far as to create the Diary as a weapon, he would take the view that he has enough horcruxes as-is and just go ahead and kill Harry, viewing it as an acceptable sacrifice.

More interesting, I suppose, is if he finds out Harry is a horcrux in a scenario where Harry is the last horcrux. Obviously not possible in canon, as Harry was de-horcruxed before Nagini was killed, but possible with a small divergence. I imagine in that situation he would be rather more cautious - all depending on how feasible it would be for Voldemort to create more horcruxes after he realises the first set has been destroyed.

If they can be replaced relatively easily, RIP Harry.