1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What's your Ava about?

Discussion in 'The Humor Mill' started by Marguerida, Apr 7, 2005.

1. DGD

DGD Headmaster

DBGT wasn't made by the original creator.

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Yup, and that's the main reason why I don't consider it as part of the DragonBall universe.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I didnt even like DB... I thought it was boring.

4. DGD

DGD Headmaster

My ava represents the sexual humor in us all.

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The DB series was.. unfortunately... the first anime series id ever seen... then i found manga! ... then the whole scanlation thing.. then my 40Gig HD died and everything died with ti >_> .. never really recovered...

6. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Ouch. That sucks. The first anime that I ever saw I think was Pokemon. That was a long time ago.

7. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

You 14...It's understandable....the first anime i ever watched was....Dragonball Z...in 1996ish...I became friends with my best friend because of that show...That show was good to me..*wipes away tears*

8. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Wow, exactly the same with me. . . that's weird.

9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Code:
    the first anime i ever watched was....Dragonball Z...in 1996ish...I became friends with my best friend because of that show...That show was good to me..*wipes away tears*
    :lol: It was the first anime that kept me interested as a kid.

I'm biased against DBZ -even though I enjoyed watching it- because I `discovered` Cowboy BeBop right after DBZ and DBZ just paled in comparison.

10. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

Weird. That sounds like my anime "career", even if I still read the occasional DBZ fiction from time to time. I think I watched "Outlaw Star" or something before DBZ, though.

But yeah, Vegeta was definitely the best character. I liked Gohan alot, but no matter how much I tried to redeem him in my head I couldn't excape the fact he was a little wuss. Those highschool episodes still piss me off. *frowns*

11. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

Gohan had so much potential...But I like Piccolo ,vegeta...and future trunk before he went "daddy never hugged me". Outlaw Star was cool but CowboyBebop I never understood.

12. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

To note- I'm using my "Tonight- The Evil Plays" avatar again.

Piccolo was an awesome character too, I agree. What's not to understand about Cowboy Beebop? Of course, I've seen the series all the way through about twenty times so I suppose I'm biased about the understanding part.

Trigun is another brilliant anime, but I can't find a good avatar of it. How do you people find these things!? I have to make my own, practically, to even find something resembling what I like. And I only have MSpaint! *pouts*

13. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

14. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I try to stay away from Anime, generally. DBZ was my first, and Naruto was my second and last. I did get to know a lot about Pokemon though because all my friends played it.

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

As much as I loved my Naruto avatar...nothing can compare to the sheer awesomeness that is Al Bundy.

16. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I love that show...it was so stupidly funny...lmao

17. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Aye. I think my favorite scenes from DBZ were when Trunks cut up and fried Frieza, and when Piccolo trained Gohan.

*cringe* .. might I recommend Akira and maybe Ghost in the Shell? Both are classics, and both are well done.

18. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Similar circumstances with me. The first anime I ever saw was Poke'mon and the second was Dragonball Z (I also got a best friend from that show). I gave up on poke'mon after I saw DBZ and have moved on to several animes including Cowboy Bebop. Anyway back on topic...

My new avatar is something that can be made with Mspaint on almost any computer (I did use MSpaint) It was taken from my own designs, my science textbook, and slices of Naruto Wall papers I have. The eyes are naruto with Kyuubi influences with the color inverted. the greenish ball in the middle is a picture of a nebula from my science text. The Triangular designs are of my own making. It is not as cool as the things that can be made with photoshop but unfortunetly I do not possess that wonder program and have to deal with cheap Microsoft drawing programs that for some reason most people don't even know exsist. Oh well.

19. fatal

fatal Backtraced

my avatar is one i found when surfing around a few harry potter myspaces. I just loved the style and the picture!

20. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

I just typed in 'evil penguin' in google and clicked on the images link. 'nuff said.

As for the anime sub-thread, Grandpa bornagainpenguin still remembers seeing Speed Racer on TBS (or was it Mtv?) and he also recalls watching Bell and Sebastion on Nickelodeon, not to mention those fairy tales and the Myserious Cities of Gold...(granted those last two were really french 'anime' IIRC) but he also recalls seeing Project A-ko in the video stores and THAT is what Grandpa bornagainpenguin usually referes to as his first anime. Meh.. its better than being a clone of all the geeks trying to pretend that Akira was their first anime. Or worse 'The fist of the North Star...

Of course I could be a real &%#$ if I wanted to and try claiming to remember watching Voltron as a kid.. or Unico (I know I know...) but truth is I can't count those because I had no idea what I was seeing; else I could claim that 'Superbook'\'The flying house' were my first animes...

--bornagainpenguin (who is still searching for the title of a series he was into as a kid...)