1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Where is your name from?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xanatos, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

My name comes from german slang for crazy/insane.

I was called Spacks when I was like 10 and it stuck. It stuck through highschool too.

2. Lord Supremo

Lord Supremo Second Year

Lord - I'm descent from African Kings, Norse Commanders, British Noblemen, and French Merchants, so Lord is a fitting title. Also, like Lord Ravenclaw, I'm better than 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the fuckwads in this country, so I like to put a bit of distance between myself and them

Supremo - In English last year, we were watching some educational film and for some reason, a guy said something along the lines of "you could name yourself El Supremo, start a cult, and take over a Latin American country." My friends heard this, and, noting my obvious tendencies towards self-deification and authoratarianism (I believe Dubya put it best (Never thought I'd hear myself say that) when he said "It would be a heckuva lot easier if it were a dictatorship, so long as I was in charge.") decided to call me El Supremo. It stuck.

3. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Mine is from Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance. Xantam is the big, nasty, purple, thing with a giant eyes and many other big eyes. Known as a beholder. Get it beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I must say I look nothing like this creature I just thought it sounded cool. :wink:

4. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I was elected 1 of 2 Captains to represent my school. We were competing against other schools. Chuck was already a nickname and to make myself sound more intimidating (ala Jerome "the Bus" Bettis) during my schools Junior Olympics, we added DaTruck to it. Thus My nickname plus something big and scary that rhymes. ChuckDaTruck .

TaDa!! :D :D :D

5. Forfie

Forfie Third Year

Forfie is a cutesy version of my last name that was given to me by and ex. I use it for HP Fandom because my other nicknames, Tricky, Trick Daddy, TDD, F-Trick, Trickmiester and such, are not memorable. Also, not that many peple know Forfie, so it's less reconisable, and when I started in the 9th grade I was very ashamed and paranoied of my addiction. Now I flaunt it. Go figure, eh?

6. Aba4th

Aba4th First Year

Mine is Dumbledore's half brother who preformed inappropriate charms on a goat. Most people think he is the bartender at the Hogshead.

7. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I don't think the charms were inappropriate so much as...unusual. What Abaforth didn't realize was that the best way to...do what he did with a goat, involves using a cliff so the goat pushes back. :wink:

It really is the best way. :wink: :wink: :wink: