1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete White Knight, Grey Queen by Jeconais - PG13 - HP/PP

Discussion in 'Romance' started by nightangel960, May 18, 2005.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

there arent really many PP/HP fics i like.. this isnt one of them... Ill agree, the guy has some talent and its very well written in places... but the over all story... meh.. i just dun like it...

there WAS a pp/hp i really liked though, i just dun remember its name.... maybe it was I hate you... Pansy polyjuiced into chang and was hanging out with harry trying to figure something out about him or something... and they went to the shriek shack and basically proceed to shag each other senseless... was good..

2. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

does he find out its her and not chang?

3. Antivash

Yeah he does.... he finds out then they shag while professing their eternal hate for one another...

very good really.... ill have to dig that up...

but i wonder.. can you call it romance if youre telling the girl youre fucking you hate them while your doing it?

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yep.

I hate you!
    I hate you too!
    I hate you more!
    Damn you look hot when you're mad
    Screw you!
    No.. screw me!
    Okay, i'm going to screw you sore!
    Sweet!!!

Its called romance where you don't have to drop 100 taking a stuck up bitch out to dinner, and a movie, and then wind up not getting anything, l0ol

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Angry sex! Wooo!

I didnt really like that chapter either. For some reason it just felt like it was dragging along but the end was good. Oh, and the Snape/Umbridge things were good too.

6. Antivash

Why cant we all find women who want that kind of romance... i suddenly crave the nails of a rather angry naked woman diggin into my flesh...

man am i messed up or what >_<

--------

EDIT!!

SLITHER HITHER!!! THATS IT!!

7. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

aaahhh we all desire that at some time...the question where to get one

8. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Final chapter posted. A shame, really. This story had the potential to be a true epic, but instead it seems like the author simply got tired of it and decided to rush it to a vastly premature conclusion. Blah, shoot me if I ever do something like that with one of my fics.

9. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

“Oh, I don’t think that’s going to happen,” Pansy said calmly, walking into view. She was not going to let him do anything else to Ginny. “Ginny has friends this time around, friends that love her, friends that believe in her, and friends that will fight your ugly arse.”

TERRIBLE... THey cheapen Voldemort with Lines like this. Its considered having balls to just say the guys name. Saying his name is one thing. This is just foolish. But in her version its not. They turn him into a common killer rather than the monster hes supposed to be.

And I love these stories (and you know JK's going to do one too) where all the core people escape unscathed. I.E. Hermione and ALL the Weasley's and everyone else harry cares about. The only people left who she might kill are Tonks, Mad-Eye, Hagrid, and Lupin. Hagrid's the only one he should legitimately give a fuck about as he doesn't know Moody or Tonks long enough and Lupin abandned him.

10. Midknight

what the hell.

This is one of the very few stories I honestly can say I loved, and the only good Pansy/Harry I've seen...

Shit like: "Come on, you’re sleeping with us tonight. You don’t want to be alone.” make me gag. Either have him fuck them all or knock off the Daphne/Ginny wanting harry crap.

I'm disappointed by this... something I can say has never happened by a fic being abandonded or or rushed to an end.

There should of been so much more to this...

There were great parts in this chapter, but the end conclusion is just utter dissapointment.

11. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Also I just hate how most authors have Voldemort go down with ease. I mean, he's the baddest motherfucker in the Wizarding world, and he barely puts up a fight. It should take everything Harry has and then some to stop him. In my fic, Tom more or less defeated both Harry and Dumbledore in successive battles, and only a sneak attack at the end managed to injure him enough to make him flee. And in a lot of other fics I see him getting killed with Muggle throwing knives and shit. Lame.

12. Midknight

Aye I've given Dark the rough draft ending to Traitor's and he's seen my Voldie takes a damned epic battle which utterly destorys an entire island to finally get the old bastard to drop, and even then he still isn't totally out.

I went back and reread the final chapter, and saw one part that ranks among my favorites in a fic ever:

“Harry,” Dumbledore said. “I believe you asked me to call this meeting for a reason.”

Harry waved his hand casually, and the door slammed shut. “What is he doing here?”

“Severus is still a member of the Order.”

“Stupefy,” Harry said, his wand in his hand, pointing directly at the ex-Potions Professor, who flew back against the wall and then slumped into unconsciousness.

“You might trust him; I don’t,” Harry grunted unapologetically.

“I think I might love you, Potter,” Mad-Eye Moody said.

and then it continues, with the twins. Funniest bit I've seen in awhile in a non parody story

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Man this sucks.... one of my favorite stories and this happens. Maybe HBP made him lose interest because of the death of Dumble's and all that.

Was great, could have stayed great, didnt stay great.

He should have just banged all of em.

Epic battle's! Need more of these I swear. I've hardly seen any good final battle's, ever. They are all shiity. Sheeza's battles in Future Remapped were good. Too bad she never got to a final battle, it would have rocked.

14. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

too true

15. Midknight

He said he's doing a sequel, but with him going the road of 3-some Harry w/ Pansy and goddamned Ginny, I just don't think I'll follow it.

Daphne and Pansy would of been fine, but to see him stay on the good side of cliches, and then spring the Ginny is a victim stuff really bothered me. I respect the author for the first several chapters, and I realize that it was only meant to be an answer for a brief story challenge, but the end result is a story that could of become one of the very best... turned to crap by a horrible ending. It just cheapened the entire story.

16. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

That would be my main issue. Looking at most of the guy's fics, it's pretty obvious that he's a Harry/Ginny shipper. Oh well, I guess there had to be at least one talented writer in that shithole of a pairing.

17. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

"Family" this dude uses that phrase more than JK uses "withered hand" and "half-blood Prince" COMBINED!! I don't know what the fuck that expression means. And making friends with the competition?! How can anyone be your family after a few weeks?! its all bullshit.

I frequently don't like how the author writes.

18. Midknight

yeah the whole Pansy/Ginny is my family shit got very, very annoying, but other then that I didn't mind it. If he'd done something other then "Whaaaa Ginny is/was possessed by Voldemort!" angle with it I wouldn't of minded so much. But to see him stoop so low after building such a great story is like seeing Superman take a shot of heroin... it just doesn't fit with the image up to that point.

Pansy being nice to Ginny I could see before that point, Pansy knew plain Ginny wasn't a threat to her. When it got to the point where everyone was kissing Harry, and laying/snuggling up on him, is when it went overboard.

19. Antivash

o_O .. should i be glad i stopped at the chapter where tonks should up at the parkinson place?

20. Midknight

naw read it the rest of the way. It's still a good story, just with a sudden and retarded ending which tied up very, very few of the points of the damned story to start with.