1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Who are DLP?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Celestin, Aug 31, 2011.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Often enough someone outside of the forum will tell something bad about DLP or much less often something good. Of course, these opinions tend to generalize all members of DLP and never really show the whole story, but it gave me an idea.

List 5 to 10 members you first think about when thinking about DLP. In other words without much debating what people equal DLP for you. I'm just wondering if we can find the core members that represent this forum in our minds.

You can add some observations about these members, but since it suppose to be spontaneous, there is no need for that. My list:
    - Taure,
    - Nuhuh,
    - Blaise,
    - Giovanni,
    - Midknight,
    - Perspicacity,
    - Vash,
    - joe,
    - Oz,
    - Big D on a Diet (not very active now).

Honorable mention - The Santi (though, it has more to do with his fic than his own presence).

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Jon
    Joe
    Taure
    Nuhuh
    Big D
    Blaise
    Santi
    Vash
    DarkSyaoran

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    jbern
    Joe
    Taure
    Voice
    Vash
    GL
    Nuhuh
    Perspicacity
    Blaise
    Jon

4. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Vash
    Midknight
    Tehan
    Taure
    Ounce
    Perspicacity
    Blaise
    Dark Sayaron
    Merril II
    Ellisande

(Huh, didn't even think of Lord Ravenclaw, though I think its because of lack of face time. He tends to be more behind the scenes.)

5. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Rofl, Big D, never posts. If you're saying that DLP is made up by its authors then thats very short sighted. There are many posters on here that post more than say Jbern, or Big D. Jbern uses DLP as his own PR ground, and Pers uses it to talk about his job, his life, and his kids.

Blaise is just a nigger. And Oz is just a fatty. Taure will never be DLP, no matter how hard he tries. DLP is the people that come onto IRC. The rest of the people on the forum don't exist to me.

6. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

Four of these bullshit posts, and the only one that mentions Raven is the one that dismisses him as "behind-the-scenes." Are you niggers serious?

7. Zombie

and not a single mention of our overlord, Xion.

8. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jon
    Vash
    Midknight
    Oz
    Taure
    Nuhuh
    Blaise
    DarkSyaoran
    Giovanni
    Inq
    Tehan
    Seratin
    Xiph0
    Amerision
    Aekiel
    Ellisande
    Sesc

Honorable Mentions:
    IP82
    Big D
    Tinn
    Sree
    Bioplague
    Tragedian(May he rest in peace)
    Knox
    Darius
    nonjon
    LT2000
    I LUV GINNY

There's probably a few more people from way back that I should mention, but I can't recall their names right now. Honorable mentions for people that are either gone or post so rarely that they might as well be.

9. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

The forum is different things to different people. The OP asked us for our gut-reaction, without thinking about it too much. Those are the ones that sprang to mind.

Some view the authors as being important, others view those on IRC as the core. I just thought which popped into my head the most, those being whose posts generally run along with what I see DLP as.

Lord Ravenclaw didn't pop into my mind off the bat because he doesn't post that much in the forums compared to certain others. And since I don't frequent IRC to me DLP is the forums.

And 'behind-the-scenes' wasn't dismissing him. He just didn't pop into my head first thing, because he keeps the site running, you know, behind the scenes.

10. Mindless

I'll be sure to mention to Coyote he's dead.

11. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Endlessly Tilting Windmills

Zeph
    Zephnote
    Zephyrus
    Zephcemi
    Led Zephylin
    The Great Zeph
    Overlord Zeph
    IncrediZeph
    Zephiroth
    Zephtastic
    Zephalicious
    Zippity Do Da Zeph

These fine gentlemen are really all that springs to mind. I might be missing one or two, though.

12. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

This is a stupid thread.

What, or 'who' DLP is, will be different to everyone, depending what they come to the forum for. If they only really visit for the WBA/Library, they'll lean more towards the authors. People that actively post in Politics/Real Life discussion tend to be another subset, as are the IRC frequenters, or the Funny Picture spammers.

And then there's the people that obsessively spam refresh on The Santi's thread.

Any way you slice it though, the entire community is what makes DLP... DLP. Trying to pigeonhole certain people into it is futile, realistically. At one point, when the 'core' was all that truly posted, you could have made an argument, but I'd say the site has branched out a little bit in the recent years, for better or worse.

TL;DR - This thread is bad, and you should feel bad.

13. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think the real "person" behind DLP is Lion. by long shot he is the most colorful person here...

But I digress: DLP is made from DLP. DLP is an entity that will assimilate you and you pet mudkip.

14. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah, basically the tags have this one right. We trying to make a popularity contest here? Because I hate to say it, guys, but mknote already won that.

15. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I think some people are missing the point. It's not about making a true representation of DLP or popularity contest. It's about what iLost said - your gut-reaction to this question without overthinking it. Just to see what people "are" DLP in our subconscious.

16. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

DLP in my subconscious is DLP.

DLP is such a melting pot of personalities that it's tough to even attempt to find the one group that represents DLP, because in actuality there is no ONE group that represents all of DLP.

I think of DLP as DLP, not Santi's DLP, or Taure's DLP, or even Ravenclaw's DLP. It's not the "leaders" of DLP, it's the group as a total that represents us, and so I think the very premise of this thread unneeded.

17. Mindless

Which is pretty much pointless, and considering DLP's history, kind of inflammatory.

18. Zombie

This, very much this.

19. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I don't think it's as inflammatory as it maybe once would have been. Rep is gone, and people have grown up. Somewhat. Until the next MoR thread.

Doesn't make this thread any less retarded, however.

20. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    QFT. Those who don't IRC are second-tier DLP citizens at best, irrespective of their stories, posts, postcounts, or clever avatars. DLP is a forum associated with an IRC, not the other way around, and all the core IRC folks already know who they are.

Unnecessary thread is unnecessary.

Not open for further replies.