1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Why Didn't Voldemort Take Over The Muggles?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darth Mage, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

Ok, this has been bugging me for awhile, and since it's not like my other threads, I decided it might be safe to post it.

Voldemort is, as we all know, the most extreme blood purist type, who believes Muggles are inferior and that wizards are superior, and that there's nothing technology can do that magic can't. Well, if that's so, why, then, in Book 7, did he not move against the Muggle government? Sure, throughout the books there's passages about how he tortured this family or that one and did some minor Muggle hunting, but nothing like how I envisioned. I figured he might have tried to take over the government, either by killing the Muggle Prime Minister or putting him or others in government under the Imperius Curse. There's so many possible ways he could have done it, yet he did NOTHING. It's not like there wasn't even that much resistance; everyone basically admitted that the war was over and that the Order was defeated, as they said.

Well, I'm stop rambling, but can anyone explain this to me or do you have any thoughts about this that can be shared?

2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What was taking over Muggle Britain going to do for him? He already controlled the Ministry, and there was no pressing threat coming from the Muggle quarter. On the other hand, there was this kid who was prophecised to defeat him running about somewhere...

Priorities, man.

3. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Dude. Stop making retarded threads. Thanks.

4. Wizardmon0073

Wizardmon0073 Second Year

Harry Potter was in Voldemort´s mind the most dangerous threat. As long as he lived, there would have been always strong possibility of rebellion. It was valid decision of Voldemort to consolidate his support and to subjugate his opponents in British WW first.

5. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

WHAT'S RETARDED ABOUT IT? They always talked about they (either purebloods or the Death Eaters, I forgot) wanted wizards and wizards to come out into the open and force Muggles into subservience. They have SAID it. Check the books, they'll back me up. I think it was in the fifth one.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  6. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's retarded because this really doesn't need a thread--it's kinda obvious. Jump onto IRC if you find yourself with a burning need to pose a question to DLP. I'm sure you'll be received nicely.

7. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Why didn't Harry just shoot Voldemort with a machine gun?

These are the types of questions that spawn absolutely horrendous fanfiction.

8. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Because he's not completely fucking retarded? WW2 canonically had a heavy impact on the wizarding world via Grindelwald, and Nazi Germany showed everyone how easy it was to turn a steamroll into a total failure by trying to fight two wars at once. He would probably have kicked off the muggle war after he finally killed off the last of the resistance in the wizarding world, including Harry Potter.

9. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Because he considers them insignificant.

10. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

:facepalm

Don't feed the troll, guys. Seriously.

11. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

This is third thread i've read started by Darth Mage where he asked retarded questions. Isnt there a rule "Morons need not apply"? Darth falls under that rule.

12. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

A lot of people fall under that rule. A lot of them are still here. An example can be found every time Luckylee posts.

13. NoxedSalvation

NoxedSalvation Temporarily Banhammered

Canon Voldemort is a fucking imbecile anyway, he doesn't understand muggle society and the fact that using their resources to search for Harry and Co. has an off- chance of giving him information about their whereabouts.

14. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    When Voldemort took Harry's blood into him as part of that ritual he made a terrible mistake. He hadn't thought through the full consequences of using the blood of a teenage boy.

Most of Voldemort's failures, post-resurrection, can be attributed to him spending more time furiously masturbating than planning.

This is what the gleam of victory in Dumbledore's eye referred to.

/canon.

15. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

[​IMG]

16. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Your sig makes this post, (and pretty much all others) one hundred billion times more :awesome

17. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Because everyone knows (ignoring that some wizards would side with muggles and possibly vice versa) the wizards would lose to the muggles in an all out war. :rolleyes:

/obvious bait

18. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

Ok, tell me how to leave this site, and I'll do so. Doesn't matter to me; everyone's so mean on this site anyway! At least I try to be courteous as much as I can. You goths...

19. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

20. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Don't be such a prep. I bet you listen to Avril Lavigne.