1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Wii U

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Psychotic Cat, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

So I grabbed Mario Kart and I think it's fantastic, and I also decided to cave and sign up for a Club Nintendo account, because muh free game.

The question is, though, which do I go for? I already own New Super Mario Bros, as that was just about the only game worth getting when the Wii U released, and Wii Party is obviously a waste of a choice.

So it's a question of Wind Waker HD and Pikmin 3. I thought the Pikmen games were fun, but I've never been a huge fan of them. By the same token, I've already played Wind Waker extensively on the Gamecube, and I'm not sure if the changes they've done to it are enough to warrant it taking up space on my hard drive.

What do you think? Wind Waker or Pikmen?

2. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

So, I've been thinking about getting one of these. Is it worth it? I've heard mixed opinions from people I know who have one.

3. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Lord_Raine: I had zero interest in any of them, for the exact reasons you mentioned. I got Wii Party U because I was curious how it compared to Mario Party tbh. Haven't played it yet though.

I think it is worth it, especially with the new games coming out soon (mainly Zelda, Mario Maker, Captain Toad, Yoshi's Woolly World, Super Smash Bros). You would probably be best served by waiting for a better bundle to come out, e.g. for Super Smash Bros if you want that game. That's coming out November-ish, and is the next game I'll be getting.

Current games I've been liking are Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and New Super Mario Bros, and they've been enough to occupy me, as I'm still not even close to done with them. I doubt I'll be finished with those three by November.

Also, N64 games are coming to it soon, which is nice. You could also conceivably homebrew it, but I don't mess around with that.

4. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

Before now? I would have said no, because there weren't enough good games to justify it. Now, after the latest E3? The Wii U looks a lot more compelling. Brand new Legend of Zelda game that's going to be a true free-roam sandbox that makes the (often unfulfilled promise) of "see that stuff in the distance? If you can see it, you can go there." New Smash that looks absolutely amazing. New Star Fox game. They're expanding the arcade even more to include successful Steam Indie titles like Shovel Knight. Bayonetta 2. Release date for Monster Hunter 4 confirmed.

There's even a rumor that Nintendo is considering releasing an app exclusively for streaming anime.

There's a lot to be excited about now. I'd say you should consider it, though you could get away with not buying one for a few more months. Most of the big stuff is dropping next year, though Smash will be out in time for Christmas with an October 2014 release date.

You could be forgiven for not getting a Wii U in October, though, because apparently the gaming industry collectively decided to release about a hundred games in October 2013, and I don't know who they fuck they think is going to be able to buy all of it.

5. Solomon

Solomon Heir

You should probably wait until those games are out if they're why you're buying the system. Don't get caught off guard by another shitty Zelda (A Link Between Worlds was excellent, but it could just be a fluke.)

Is that anime app Crunchyroll? Because that wouldn't surprise me, that's on other systems too.

6. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

I'd recommend the wonderful 101 to anyone who owns a Wii U. Its another standout quirky platinum game which should be all anyone needs to know to buy it. It's basically the video game mix of power rangers and gurren lagann.

Beware the grin that will etch itself onto your face.

7. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Call of Duty Syndrome. Have to avoid death by trampling somehow.

8. Solomon

Solomon Heir

It's still July, there's plenty of time for half of them to get pushed into 2015.

9. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

I guess the question is, how many of those games are being published by Ubisoft?