1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 21, 2019.

1. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Ah yes. Cause Irene somehow managed to guess almost every single thing correctly including flavor! There were so many bastard elements that never came to light....

So. Much. Salt. On my part at least.

He was answering my thinly veiled swipe at Sloth.

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Also if i have a read on tammy that isnt based on, like, 3 levels of worldbuilding

Its made up and im probably a wolf
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote mendel actually
    Just realized thats a read based on me ignoring a particular person when I'd literally ignored everyone not named empoof
    --- Post automerged ---
    How serious is this method of reading?

3. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

Why don't you ask me if I've played with anyone? (The answer is no.)
    Also, please readjust your vocabulary, "quell" means "subdue, silence". And then re-read what I wrote.
    No, because I'm not ignoring anyone who's voting me, am I?
    you ignored the person who scumread and VOTED you
    does a green vote mean you actually townread me? or is there a light green theme?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wait for Keldro's flip and you'll see!
    --- Post automerged ---
    EBWOP Keldeo's flip

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Oh its specifically because she voted me?

I read that as an RVS vote and dont think shes currently scumreading me, but I'm not in the business of caring about votes on me even if they are real
    --- Post automerged ---
    I dont actually care how correct it is just how serious you are about it

5. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

K then. Are you the type of player that would post a giant picture of a dog as an open wolfy type of move?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wait were u in the Dobby game in Quali’s Mendel!?
    --- Post automerged ---
    You were! Fun times :D

6. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

I said this read was based ona total of two observed games, you decide how serious it is :D
    I'm not trusting Keldeo on his good looks, that's definite, though.
    And I am wondering if you're defending him, and why.
    Dog pictures are wolfy?!?
    Smh why doesn't anyone tell me anything...

[​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    Did you watch Dobby's wildcard game?

7. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Not Dobby in particular, but that game sure was memorable :]

8. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I just called my cat simba, and he bit me. :/ I wonder if he identifies with scar, and if so, what kind of values am I teaching him?

Terrain - So I’m the first person to admit that at times my reasons for townreading/scumreading people are a bit kookie, but I can’t imagine scumreading someone for posting first, especially when it’s something that lots of people like to do. It was a joke. Except in pretty rare instances I don’t scumhunt in the beginning of the game, and definitely not in that way. That blind jabbing at people for reads is not my forte, and my reads typically end up suffering as a result, so I wait until that phase is over. I do like to just goof off and shoot the shit though; sometimes I’m lucky and reads come from that if other people are around to engage with, but other times I’m not and that’s fine too.
    --- Post automerged ---
    So I was reading Mendel’s interaction with me and scum read on me and Tom as partners as being as tongue-in-cheek as my statement that he was scum with Tom, but it looks like Tom took it seriously and he didn’t correct him, so now I’m a little confused.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And don’t let Tom fool you. He cares! He just likes to hide his quivering lips behind a mustache. (My iPad autocorrected it to moist ache, which is probably more accurate as it hides the tears.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Keldeo - my read on fluffy is that he is fluffy.

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Vote Jarizok

10. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

My problem with you is that in that phase, a vote is like a friendly poke, and why woud you not respond to that?
    Like, I told you I had to switch my site theme back because of your color choices, and you could have explained, apologized, or ironically doubled down, but instead you ignore me altogether, and that makes me wonder what you're nervous about, you know?
    And feel bad because I'm new here, and got snubbed.

11. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

See that's the thing.

This is a joke. Tom hadn't posted yet. Light hearted teasing

This is a much more pointed prod. There's an actual reasoning behind it followed by a pressuring question. One that just kinda floats away and is never looked at again

12. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I’m sorry! I didn’t understand the lord of light thing. I was responding to you when I called you out as being toms partner for voting me. Although I suppose what I wrote didn’t convey the sense of “aha I see you chainsawing me because I voted Tom.” Yeah I suppose that wasn’t clear at all, but that’s what I was going for. I didn’t mean to come off like I was snubbing you though.

I’m happy to interact with anyone. I am nervous to play mafia again though!
    --- Post automerged ---
    It wasn’t a printed prod. It was a joke. It wasn’t looked at again because it was a joke. It’s a ridiculous notion that what is like a blatantly super duper obvious joke is anything other than a joke.

13. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

....that is honestly one of the most unpleasant sounding grouping of words I've heard today.

14. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    And this is why I don’t scumhunt early game.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    *aches moistly*

16. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

Ok, next time you call me out for something, could you please actually mention my name? Because I didn't get that this meant me. Like, as a joke this went way over my head. And Jarizok already asked about it, so I felt I didn't need to.
    But I guess you didn't ignore me after all.
    unvote Tammy
    vote tom

17. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Mendel - I just went back and looked, and I don’t know what I was supposed to explain, apologize for or double down on? I used yellow because it shows up on green and white because I didn’t want the whole thing yellow. So I don’t get it. Sorry.

18. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Moderator Note:

Effective immediately, Sloth replaces Lyric. Don't discuss replacements, blah blah blah.

19. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I GET IT NOW.

I’m a dummy who’s technologically unsound and didn’t realize there were different skins. This friendship lady Luna is terrible.

20. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

The Light Lord Potter theme has a white background, so yellow is hard to read, and white doesn't show up at all. Kinda like this text. Your post annoyed me because of that, I almost missed the white text altogether, and probably would have except for the "floating" smiley (and then I quoted it). You can change the theme in your forum preferences, if you'd like to see for yourself.
    The "proper" way to get a neutral color is to select the color "none", that will be appropriate for any theme. I've resigned myself to using the default theme, though, so the point is moot.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Apology accepted! :)