1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 21, 2019.

1. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

...I want wine.

Imma try and get In here tonight and present my thoughts on Jari partner. I just need a bit to quiet the kill bill sirens work seems to always leave me hearing -_-

2. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

Empoof already told you, find Sloth's partner. You always complain about people not listening to you, why don't you listen to them?

I had hoped for a chuckle, nothing more.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I figured. Wanted to know if there was anything else.

4. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

You recognized I merely made a small joke, and you decided to go up against it anyway. How is that furthering your wincon? How is it helping your fellow townies? throws hands up in defeat

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

The statement wasn’t reeeally directed at you, given I think you’re Jarizok’s partner.
    --- Post automerged ---
    But if you want to work with me, say the word. I have plenty of olive branches.

6. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    If I stick my head in the sand, will scum magically get lynched?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Cuz I wanna stick my head in the sand and not think.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vaimes, I kinda think you're town. Am I a sucker? I feel like a sucker.

7. CerberAsta

CerberAsta Muggle

I was one of the only people who had no clue Sloth was scum and wasn't even terribly sure of Jarizok. I'm the biggest sucker here, yo.

8. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Also Vaimes I am very sorry if you're town and we lynch you today anyway. It feels cheap and it feels shruggy, but it's also difficult when you replaced into a nothing spot and that nothing spot has partner equity with scum, and everyone else has even a minor reason they're not partnered. I've been in your position and it sucks, so I'm sorry regardless of your alignment but especially if you're town. I am going read back over day one and try to tease something out, but I fear the day won't go any other way than it's going. Sorry.

I don't know why you're so adamant that you wouldn't kill Tom last night though. He did suspect you and cutting down that voice would be good. I get that you say you'd shoot Mendel because you think he's Jarizok's partner, but like I didn't expect any cross killing to happen last night - though I did hope for a double cross kill but dreams - because I expected them to try to whittle down town last night to lower how many lynches they had to get through. If you killed Mendel and he flipped J's partner, you're still in this position today without anything to really push and having to make this fight, if you win it today, every day.

So that part didn't quite add up to me, but that's just me and I might be wrong on strategy there anyway. But some of the things you've said have kinda felt like throwing it out there to see if it would stick, like the night kill stuff. I haven't had a chance to look over your fluffy stuff with any type of thought, but I will after I've reread day one. I have some grading to do tonight too while I'm rereading day one, so i might not have anything real to say about it tonight, but my schedule starts getting better right now, so I can do something other than skim and keep up.

I kinda do think you're town though because of how hard you're fighting. I'd pretty much expect you to have given up by now as scum based on what I've seen of you as scum. So I'll be in awe if you do flip scum and you didn't give up.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

The biggest sucker is me for taking Cobalt’s slot. :v
    --- Post automerged ---
    There is no Night kill that could look “good” for me except Sloth’s partner dying. It’s easy to spin Vaimes killing or not killing tom as wine, so I’m just gonna drop it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I know I keep saying I’m going to stop posting, but I for real am gonna take a little break. I’m off-ish on Friday, will probably be at an outing during deadline but I’m glued to my phone so whatever.

10. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

11. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

It was me all along.

12. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Kinda think this makes Jari/cobalt not slug/slug or was it turtle/turtle?
    --- Post automerged ---
    This was to Mendel. I’ve never seen jarizok scum, would he be kinda cheeky with his partner this way?

I don’t know if cheeky is the correct idea here, but yeah.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Mendel - you got after empoof for joke-claiming scum in your post 84. But you didn’t comment on the interaction between Jari/empoof where they joke claimed partners. Did it not bother you when they did it?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Putting this here for me to think about later.

Jarizok had picked up some non-explained votes at this time.

(I’m probably just going to collect some things that I want to look back at later, so I don’t have to try to iso.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Empoof - do you remember why you liked sloth early for town?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Empoof - do you remember why you liked sloth early for town?
    this is in response to empoof saying if Jari flips scum he’d reevaluate Mendel.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This is in response to sloth asking for a gun to your head read on Jari.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This seemed to come out of nowhere?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Kinda think it would be odd for scum in his first game to park on his partner day one.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Kinda think it would be odd for scum in his first game to park on his partner day one.

13. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

Honestly don't remember why I had Sloth as town, I'll make a point to read back and find my reason again for you though. I think it had to do with some of his early analysis.

14. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Just collecting. I would not do this if it was easier to find stuff so sorry for clogging the page.

15. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Well...let's give this a try now that people aren't trying to rip out pieces of my soul.

So I came into D3 with a sinking nagging gut feel that I'd fucked up. Worse than that I fucked up in a way that I've fucked up before. Conf bias. Nice change of pace? I wasn't fixated on someone being scum this time I was fixated on them being town.

I'm not moving off of Vaimes...I do think he's sloths partner and being as that would make him a watcher I think he's the more important scum to snipe.

So here's my case on Mendel being Jari's partner. We start D1

The question is a good one...it figures out game mechanics and gets town into a mind set of looking for behaviors. I answer indicating I haven't played but hosted something. Mostly my answer indicated I saw more chaos and shouting into the void

...so why is he telling me I made a good point talking about scum controlling communication? I didn't say anything like that. It's friendly and appeasing. Credits me with something I didn't say. Probably might have even pressed it but was distracted by the immediate shift into subtle shade

It's distracting...The unknown draws the attention more than the outright odd crediting.

We see him interacting with Jari and the language is kind of distancing...not out right antagonistic but not the friendly tone he's using for everyone else at this point. It's much more challenging.

Instead of pressing the challenge or even addressing his misread Jarizok makes a seemingly jokey accusation about dog pics.

Distancing Jarizok and casting him as low hanging fruit which....I didn't get. He was asking questions...seemed to be looking for scum (which he was...just the one not on his team.) He's setting up the idea he's an easy mislynch but still giving himself an out.

And this...so Jari is low hanging fruit cause other people's reaction to him? And that reaction Mendel saw was luke warm. Luke warm doesn't make for an easy lynch or low hanging fruit...it makes for someone who can coast.

Even this...it's not that weird. There's much more conversation to be had and much easier when you ask a group of people do any of you remember this one person than to ask 1 person do you remember 10 people.

Also if this is how he feels about Jarizok...he's avoiding "eye contact" is an easy (mis)lynch why wouldn't you press him harder

Seems disingenuous when taken with early actions. How is responding to other people's reads with Hm...not exactly this?

Why IF? Why would you already lay seeds of doubt that they would hold a kill? There's literally no reason for Scum not to try and shoot D1...Either they hit air or they hit the other team.

The entire nothing burger exchange is essentially. "I don't like this because you're more concerned with looking town than finding out info"

"I like looking town to my town reads!"

Why does it matter? It seems like a dumb thing to press...it seems even dumber that suddenly neither thing it matters and don't discuss it.

Why though? He directly challenged him at this point...none of that avoiding eye contact thing any ore...if he's STILL LHF why isn't he pressing him to get a more solid footing? If you feel so meh on a

...since the hell when? He was LHF before now hes a long way from town.

For d2 he was definitely mostly focused on Vaimes...but he also found time to nudge his other current scum read meaning me....why not Jari who was at this point "a log way from townreading?"

Jari flips scum...d3 starts with a single town kill (If you're reading Tom...sorry for the scum reading and bitchiness d2.)

And all that IF seed is brought back up again by Mendel...he laid the idea out and it was a bad one...and yet we have a situation where that happened. All seems to be a bit much and screams convenient.

16. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    This is in response to terr saying fluffy was avoiding answering questions. He sounds like he’s trying to shade terr but I don’t get it.

17. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

That was over me saying "that's bait" to him implying I was't pressuring reads just because I wasn't asking them direct questions and instead posting opinions and observing their actions and not elaborating when he asked why is that bait

18. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    ARE YOU THIS CHEEKY???
    --- Post automerged ---
    That makes sense. Thanks!
    --- Post automerged ---
    About Tom after voting Tom. I’m kinda eh at him not seeing or understanding the deflection in that post.

19. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Can I ask why this still feels shruggy? I feel like multiple players have made a case against Vaimes...and used posts from D3 at that. People don't see to be just saying "I mean it's clearly vaimes cause Cobalt" at this point.

Is there something in these cases specifically you want to refute?

20. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

I don't really understand what's cheeky about this as any alignment tbh.

The rest I can understand.