1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 10 and Forced Updates

Discussion in 'PC Discussion' started by Joe's Nemesis, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I'm running Windows 10, but I've never been active in the Windows community and have no idea about how most things work.

From what I understand, Windows is inherently configurable and editable (at least this is what every says when talking about why Windows is better than mac) therefore there should be some privacy concious individuals out there who will create some sort of program that will remove all of these privacy issues right?

Or have they removed this as well?

If there are, where can I get news on it? I only really use my PC to play games, browse the internet and send emails but considering that corporate data gathering and US government surveillance are quickly becoming the same thing, I'm highly uncomfortable with there being a built in key logger and all this other shit that goes on. I've turned off everything internet guides tell me to, but what else can I do to help my paranoia?

2. nairit

nairit Second Year

3. starblazer

starblazer Squib

High Score: