1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Winter 2019 Anime Season

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Nemrut, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    @Gengar Again, you confuse WN and LN, LN was already blunted.

2. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

I'll keep watching the shield hero stuff as long as it doesn't devolve too much into the direction this "controversy" is hinting at. I am invested in the hero so far, and I do have a fierce dislike for that douchebag and the gal who swindled him.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm glad your semantic argument brought much needed clarity and value to the conversation /s

4. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    I'm glad that you try to make it about semantics instead of you repeating something untrue despite being pointed out that's untrue.

5. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Question at the people who know more about the Shield Hero story (manga/vn/whatever medium it comes from): will there be a good reason forthcoming for why Myne and the King are cunts? I get that you need an antagonist, but come on, man, some of their attempts seem just so stupid and over the top that it beggars belief.

If I haven't missed anything critical, then so far their reasoning boils down to 'hurhur I'm so evil and don't like you'. It honestly sours me a bit on the series.

That and the new loli bird, who should really have stayed an actual bird. Then again, it's an anime, so of course there had to be lolis somewhere.

6. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I'm not super up-to-date on any of that, but my understanding is that Myne at least is just cartoonishly evil because somebody had to be the antagonist. She's an embodiment of the whole "conniving, manipulative, and totally unrepentant bitch" trope dialed up to 11 and never learns or evolves over the course of the story.

As for the King, he's much the same way, but I think he's suffering from mild dementia or something. Or at least, that was the only explanation I could think of for how he was described by people who knew him when he was young vs his on-screen behavior last time I read any of it. No idea if that's ever spelled out though.

7. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Not really, and seeing how bad was what was shown so far I don't know why you think that there would be one. It's like the shitty WBWL fics where everyone is against the protagonist but he shows them all.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

Domekano was a good show.

Prove me wrong.