1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Y tho.

Come on man, you know how to reasons.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

The risk with fontisian isn't bussing so much as "is she actually bussing or just pretending to."

(With that said, I don't really read her miner interaction as strongly w/w.)

3. fontisian

I'm happy with the prior arangment of letting me lynch witches until am dead or not lynching witches.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm curious to see if we all have the same reasons for townreading Vira.

5. Rubicon

Also this.

6. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I want to answer this after pregame. I think it'd be bad to answer at this point.

This seems like a solid plan that can't possibly go wrong.

7. Rubicon

Does this ever worry you? It seems like that would hurt your mafia win rate at some point.

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I've embraced the dark side.

Kill wolfy people, pew pew pew.

If the game doesn't end, then you start doing the effort thing.

9. KaiDASH

This is too deadpan for me, I'm out.

10. fontisian

Yeah, it's kind of too far gone to fix at this point.

11. Newcomb

That "trying not to be a robot" thing is having mixed results, I see.

12. fontisian

Explains why it's difficult to crawl inside Rubicon's brain.

13. Newcomb

I've already forgotten mine beyond "she did a thing that I thought was town," so, sure.

14. Rubicon

Baby steps.

---------- Post automerged at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

This new Newcomb is going to be loads of fun.

I don't particularly townread vira except her tone is okay.

15. Newcomb

I wonder if it's too much to hope for that Vaimes/fonti/Reg are all town this game?

Pretty sure Reg's at least not the witch LC or I'd be posting in Angel chat right now.

16. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I got a short break and am going to dump my thoughts so far during it.

I think attempting to read too much into the tonal response of Miners between Fontisian and Newcomb is a mistake, think it's merely a case of Miners used to joking around with Fontisian whereas when Newcomb states something like "pretty odd as both alignments" it leads towards more seriousness towards it and thus a different type of response, think that's likely all there is to it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

fontisian - Can you please elaborate on a) Your reasoning behind standing back initially re; explaining Gravedigger claiming and b) Your reasoning behind your Delphine read inside Post #63 since I'm getting nothing when reading her ISO here.

Rubicon - You mentioned having the opposite read as Fonti on Miner based on his response towards her; what's your current read on him here based on the rest of his content since your stance on him inside Post #172 is fairly vague.

Jan - Would be interested in you elaborating on your scum read on my intial post here and how would that read change if I told you majority of that post was thought about before being given a role PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, here's where I'm actually at;

I really liked Viras entrance inside Post #4 and found the "Hax gods" type line and attitude very genuine, I similarly liked the relaxed type attitude shown inside the majority of her posts particularly Post #104 and think the point she brought forth about me inside Post #139 comes across as an attempt to genuinely scumhunt here. Fairly confident on her being town at the moment.

Finding a lot of Fluff's posting so far rather stiff and a lot of it feels very calculated, even for Fluff. Particularly didn't like his question directed at Jan in Post #33, his response towards Miner in Post #35 but most of all his reasoning behind his vote on Jan inside Post #93, none of it comes across as genuine at all and think there's a reasonable chance he's just mafia here.

I read Rubicons comment about his goal to sound less robotic inside Post#80 combined with him asking for advice in the Obs of last game makes a lot more sense as something he'd remember and post as town. Also didn't mind his suspicion towards me inside Post #137 combined with his reasoning inside Post #154 and think he'd be less inclined to take that stance as mafia knowing that the odds that it can actually get any traction or go anywhere realistic is minimal. Also liked his read/stance on Vaimes inside Post #180 and think he'd be less forward about it as mafia. I've got a weakish town read on him overall here.

I found Miners RVS vote on Fontisian in Post #17 very forced; I think the actual action of voting her is null in that he typically plays this type of angle in most early games but the way he's gone about here doesn't feel anywhere near as natural. I don't have the same huge concern a lot of people do about Miners response to Fonti inside Post #23 and find the reaction rather null but found his overeaction towards Newcomb statement inside Post #77 combined with the sheer amount of fluff posting that followed it to fit his scum meta far more than his town meta; the difference between these posts and his early play inside Owners Marketplace for instance is rather Stark, think there's a very good chance that he's mafia here.

Going to dump this here now and will get to the rest of my reads in my next break (or I can sneak a ~10 minute uninterrupted period again). Wouldn't mind hearing anyone that's online thoughts on these in the meantime.

17. Newcomb

Here, fine. It wasn't a tone thing, it was like one post. It was a "you can kind of see her working the thought through on the page" lack-of-self-awareness thing.

I dub thee Sir Rubicon and task thee to bring me the post.

---------- Post automerged at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Heh, now /that's/ a soft defense.

---------- Post automerged at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Well this is either going to be an overwhelmingly quick town victory or a bitterly frustrating game for me personally.

Fingers crossed.

18. Rubicon

That would be #139.
    However I probably shouldn't be feeding you reasons for your reads.

Regfan, my current read on Miner is that I don't particularly buy the case on him right now, but I can see how others would and I am willing to let fontisian do her thing and see what happens. I also don't want to critique the case on him until he has a chance to respond to it himself.

19. fontisian

A) I was wondering where your thoughts on claiming were coming from and wanted to see more before I hijacked the conversation.
    B) It's a feeling. Shrug.

20. KaiDASH

10 minutes????