1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Do you think they've been mechanically confirmed town?

---------- Post automerged at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Thanks?

I mean, I'm reading a lot of insults in there, but thanks anyway I guess.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

You can have my DoB shot if you want.

Given the amount of +life and Angel protect we might have N2, I'm at least ~possible to get shot here, and having to slightly obfuscate my reads to make it not obvious what my DoB target will be is not something I, like, enjoy.
    witches I'll probably be on town tonight, you should totally go for it :thumbs

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

It's unclear to me how strongly reg feels about you being a witch. He might be playing up that side of things in order to make the lynch strategy more palatable to people.

I think your thought process here is town in 90% of worlds, but I think you are probably barking up the wrong tree. Or at least, if regfan & Cobalt is the team, we are not going there today.

4. Newcomb

No personal insults intended; just my observation about you as a player.

I'll admit that I'm very very biased on you; in WH5 when you failed to Haunt a single person in Demon chat, that was massively tilting for me and I've actively tried to avoid games you've been in since then because I pretty much never want to take the risk of wolfing with you again.

I'll try to tone down the snark, though. I'd like for this game to be fun for all.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    More or less yeah.

Cobalt, Reg, and Jar would all need to be witches for witch!reg to make sense and I don't see 75% of the remaining wolf team (or actually it would be 100% if koalas was a witch) outting themselves like that.

6. Atum

I thought of that, and it's still borderline insulting. Like, if he'd just gone with the whole "it's ++town to lynch BoD for a Priest vest," I'd probably be all for it. But the whole turnaround irked me. A LOT.

I'm fine with barking up the wrong tree until something sensible falls out of it. Still waiting though.

7. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Lets go through this;

I think there's a reasonable chance that you're mafia / there's logic behind you being mafia in that; 1) I'm having trouble attempting to put together worlds that don't include having incorrect town reads early on, everything game state wise is pointing towards 1-2 being in there. 2) I've found your decrease in content and contributions to the game from early on -> now, and your coasting on being town read earlier to both be things that make plenty of sense as mafia, 3) I think generally how most people handled your claim here fits more in a world where you're mafia.

This has been explained several times, your inability to comprehend that there's a different game state pre-mass-claim and post-mass-claim is baffling. There's logic that points towards mafia claiming the BoD role when we've suggested lynching is is unlikely to occur, that means you claiming it was an indication that you're town; this is where I was at pre-mass-claim. Now post-mass-claim we know for a fact that mafias 6th role is one of Judge/Spiritualist, if it's Judge mafia are forced to claim their true role, this means the earlier logic becomes invalidated and therefore is no longer a reason to town read your claim. It's called logic.

8. Newcomb

Why Jarizok? Just the way Reg's shielding him?

9. Atum

So at this point, when in the game would you begin to consider such a team?

10. Rubicon

I did note reg's case about people accepting the BoD as weak earlier today, but overall Atum I think his progression on you is fairly believable as someone who has gradually, very slowly started to doubt himself over the course of the game. And also, I am reading regfan as a player who sometimes acts more confident about his reads than he actually feels inside his own brain. Clearly, D1 reads are D1 reads even though he talks about being near 100% certain about things.

We're not lynching Atum today, though.

11. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah, I'm not interested in lynching Atum anymore. It was fine when he was possibly scum and would give a vest to a town person or just die, but lynching obvious town for a vest doesn't seem necessary.

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'm not even remotely confident he's mafia here? I'm like ~50% chance he flips mafia and I think I learn a lot of information regardless of what he flips, I also think we're in a good position regardless of what he flips. I'm not trying to do a "Look he's ObvScum lynch him!" thing at all? I'm trying to explain why I think he's the optimal lynch in that a) I think there's a reasonable chance he's scum from how I'm evaluating the game and b) If he's town there's a benefit to it.

13. Newcomb

Hypothesis:

In a scum!owner, scum!Koalas world, almost certainly at least one of Waco/Jarizok is mafia given their massive dropoff toDay.

Thoughts?

14. Rubicon

Where does Jari fit into this?

I do not believe Cobalt has been confirmed?

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Probably never.

16. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

How does Jari fit in there. As long as owner was scum town gd is always going to report that, and they can make the play anyway

17. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    That'd be so depressing though. Three scums in a five person team basically quitting.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Cobalt isn't confirmed, but he's been behaviorally towny.

Kinda dropping off a bit, though!

19. Newcomb

I mean, yeah.

I'm just having a hard time coming up with a narrative for scum!Koalas/scum!owner that doesn't involve their team getting absolutely rekt.

In worlds where they have 1-2 deep ones, I feel like there'd be some kind of.... at least semi-agenda to the way they went down, rather than just kinda lighting themselves on fire.

20. Rubicon

I could see that being true.

---------- Post automerged at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Jarizok seems more likely of the two imo.