1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Right. So the fact that you townread me up to and through my claim means nothing, yeah? Look at it from my perspective. I know that I'm town. The ooooonly reason for your scumread on me, outside of my roleclaim, appears to be a dip in content and activity, which again, you've townread me through. So I'm reading that your scumread is basically coming from my roleclaim of a role that has negative utility for scum or your inability to put together a world where I'm not scum?

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    For reg to be a witch jar would have had to have lied about owner being a witch because cobalt has a check on reg but for reg to have been haunted owner had to have been a witch.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I remember one of the things I townread Jari for in Owner's market, in addition to the way he wrecked Tom, was for his steady level of scumhunting through d2 and d3 (up until he locked onto me for terrible reasons and then did nothing more, but that was a different situation).

4. Atum

Sounds great for our potential scum team, huh?

5. Rubicon

That... does not seem accurate Cobalt. But I need to work through the logic.

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Also I did silently note jar's drop off to myself but I'm not sure if it means anything yet.

---------- Post automerged at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

If you have to jump through hoops to make something work that probably means it isn't worth considering.

7. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Fluff got a redcheck on Reg. It could have just been, like, an actual check. In that world owner could have Haunted someone else, Jarizok could still be town and telling the truth about owner.

Unless I'm missing something?

My brain is kind of mafia-fried atm.

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Owner could just be a witch and they lied about the haunt. We can't prove it either way. Jar's only had to be in on it in that scenario if owner's town, and that's not likely i think

9. Rubicon

Yes, that logic is not correct.

There are still worlds where one or both of Cobalt/regfan is mafia. Not likely worlds, but they exist.

10. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I suppose but is reg/owner ever a thing?

Like after vira, reg is probably the one that pushed owner the most.

11. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Ninja'd, Lola

10cha

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Newcomb - Finish your catch up, hoping we can discuss #2138 when you get to it soon.

Vira - We'll discuss Atum's posts here later, but for now if you think he's town what's the scum team look like to you?

Could see it being Waco there? But I don't think it has to be a thing.

If you've been following my posts and reads this game I've had a town read on preeeeeeeetty much everyone outside of Rubicon left alive at one point or another, so yes; it's about attempting to compare the reasoning & strength of the town reads against each other and attempt to look at game state and world building to work it out. And my reasoning behind you being town is weaker than my reasoning elsewhere quite substantially, that combined with having some concerns re; your content drop and thinking BoD is an optimal lynch makes the decision a no brainier for me. Not quite sure how this is difficult to grasp.

13. Rubicon

I don't believe reg and owner are aligned.

But to play devil's advocate for a second, reg was never going to lynch owner d1 until Delphine claimed.

14. Atum

The only hoop I'm seeing here is assuming the witches have the ability to plan and reasonably account for the reactions of town. I've definitely seen/heard of more elaborate gambits. But I'll concede the point, I'm certainly not pushing the lynch, just pushing back against his 'case' on me.

15. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

If regfan is doesn't Cobalt have tube scum? Because otherwise why announce that check. Cause otherwise that's a major shot in the dark guessing reg didn't have a night action for a lower reward

16. Newcomb

Pushing a buddy while simultaneously going along with a mislynch is pretty firmly in Reg's range, from personal experience.

The... tone and tenor of their interactions does suggest not w/w to me though. I did eventually go back and read those posts of there where owner started throwing up colors on everything and it was as painful as I remembered. It's. Idk it might be in Reg's range to make those kinds of posts to a partner, just walling at them with logic, but owner? Eh.

17. Rubicon

Yes, if it's just one, it's just cobalt.

18. Newcomb

Fuck, I forgot about that little quirk of Watchman.

I was slightly considering Cobalt w Reg v worlds but yeah that's just never a thing.

Cobalt and Reg are the same alignment, 100%.

---------- Post automerged at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Dammit, wait, no, he would have actually gotten a result as mafia Watchman and it /could/ have been Reg but like

ahhhhhhh fuck this game

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    If you think what I've posted about you is a 'case', you're sorely mistaken this is a case. My read/thoughts on you here are just a "I think killing him helps a) Reduce the suspect pool/have a chance of hitting scum, b) Provide me with information to work based on and c) Have a big upside if we do mslynch".

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Watchman would have to guess that their fake-target wasn't a role that wakes up at Night.

Even Gambler fits that.

---------- Post automerged at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

Point being that it's a little harder to fake than just picking a random townie.